POOR customer service

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skotix- 7/29/16 was the first day of the new 4.1 pre-sale which means those will be done after the pre-orders are finished. I also ordered that day and it will be a while yet since the pre-order was so large.

Ok tnx for the info.... Damn got my hopes up there lol just have 2wait some more then i guess

She explained that my 7/7 and 4.1 factory seconds ordered in February are on the table ready for handle fitting and final sharpening and I could expect to see them soon. I

Wouldn't a factory second imply that the knife was finished all ready and not up to standards? Not on a table ready to have the handles fitted and then sharpened.

Wouldn't a factory second imply that the knife was finished all ready and not up to standards? Not on a table ready to have the handles fitted and then sharpened.

Yes it's best if you suspend all logic and common sense, Seconds ordered in February are on the table in September getting finished ?

The Kool-aid must be delicious!

Yes it's best if you suspend all logic and common sense, Seconds ordered in February are on the table in September getting finished ?

The Kool-aid must be delicious!
This type of comment doesn't help anyone.

greatscoot greatscoot it's been brought up a few times before, so if you scroll through some threads I think there's some discussion on the topic.

"Wouldn't a factory second imply that the knife was finished all ready and not up to standards? Not on a table ready to have the handles fitted and then sharpened."

No. It would imply that something existed that was not up to standard and so had resulted OR would result in a knife not up to first quality standard. But, as has been clearly explained previously, it does not mean that either. The sales of "seconds" are based on projections from experience and no second-quality part(s) or materials may actually exist when the "seconds" are sold.

"Wouldn't a factory second imply that the knife was finished all ready and not up to standards? Not on a table ready to have the handles fitted and then sharpened."

No. It would imply that something existed that was not up to standard and so had resulted OR would result in a knife not up to first quality standard. But, as has been clearly explained previously, it does not mean that either. The sales of "seconds" are based on projections from experience and no second-quality part(s) or materials may actually exist when the "seconds" are sold.

And that would be the main problem: selling things that don't exist and have no reliable projected exist date. Then, people who buy these seconds that don't exist get them before the people who paid for the 1sts that don't exist. One of many problems here.

I was surprised when I checked the S!K forum that all of this drama is STILL going on YEARS later for S!K. This thread reads just like the thread I was on a couple years ago. The issues have not changed (looks to be worse now since some of the knives from back in those days still have not shipped), and the excuses look to be copied and pasted from any number of past threads dating back years now.

That was my feeling exactly. I was one of the early adopters. My 4 (m390), 6(3v), 10(3v) and 3.5(20cv) where all delivered but the last two pre-orders took way-way longer than they should have (a red flag for me), so I decided not to pre-order any more. Many months later in 2015 or thereabouts by pure accident I came across several threads just like this one. I remember thinking this is not going well at all for SK and I felt lucky that all of my pre-orders were eventually delivered. Fast forward to 2017, I have noticed that millit has started to CNC knives for SK so I thought that the things where turning for the better at SK, - so I decided to check this sub forum - and I come across this thread - still same issues - what a clusterfuck.

That was my feeling exactly. I was one of the early adopters. My 4 (m390), 6(3v), 10(3v) and 3.5(20cv) where all delivered but the last two pre-orders took way-way longer than they should have (a red flag for me), so I decided not to pre-order any more. Many months later in 2015 or thereabouts by pure accident I came across several threads just like this one. I remember thinking this is not going well at all for SK and I felt lucky that all of my pre-orders were eventually delivered. Fast forward to 2017, I have noticed that millit has started to CNC knives for SK so I thought that the things where turning for the better at SK, - so I decided to check this sub forum - and I come across this thread - still same issues - what a clusterfuck.
A number of us still hope that things are taking a turn for the better.
Check out Millit's Instagram post today re their grind that many were concerned about. It took some time to get that dialed in, but it looks as if progress is being made.

5 years from now, if they are still in business I can almost bet you'll be reading the same BS issues and some will still continue to preach it will get better.

Last edited:
5 years from now, if they are still in business I can almost bet you'll be reading the same BS issues and some will still continue to preach it will get better.

Hate to point this out (again) but here is another poster that created an account just to sling shite at Survive! Brad new account and 8 posts all on the survive forums. Not saying this guy isn't legit but my suspicion grows daily about the campaign to complain.

Or should I just say "Hi Skyler!!"

Or I can just actually be upset customer who waited 2.5+ years for knives I never got that I paid for in full. I'm not out to get anyone. I just want my knives. So it's "wrong" for people/customers to share their factual experiences but "okay" only if I speak highly of Survives....Right. Hmmm, you're always speak highly of Survive and always defending them whenever anyone becomes critical of SK so do you have have an association to Survives. I only have a few post because I don't live in these forums. Whatever dude. PEACE!

Hate to point this out (again) but here is another poster that created an account just to sling shite at Survive! Brad new account and 8 posts all on the survive forums. Not saying this guy isn't legit but my suspicion grows daily about the campaign to complain.

Or I can just actually be upset customer who waited 2.5+ years for knives I never got that I paid for in full. I'm not out to get anyone. I just want my knives. So it's "wrong" for people/customers to share their factual experiences but "okay" only if I speak highly of Survives....Right. Hmmm, you're always speak highly of Survive and always defending them whenever anyone becomes critical of SK so do you have have an association to Survives. I only have a few post because I don't live in these forums. Whatever dude. PEACE!

There has been a recurring spammer who keeps making a new account to throw out wild accusations. He usually gets banned pretty quickly. But it has put us a bit on high alert when someone new pops in.

Either way, refunds have been issued. Emails are still being answered. We are working on drafts to update the website with more information. We are not adding any new inventory to our website until we are caught up on weekly sales orders. I just answered the phone... The OP has been addressed, I'm closing this thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back