POOR customer service

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skystorm, you might be 100% right in this whole thing but man, you are coming off terrible. I mean, you sound so nasty and negative. I'd really like to know the real story behind this. It's so personal and it seems like you've been hurt bad.

Watch your karma, man. Bad mouthing something this much can't be good for yours.

If I had to guess:

Guy went with Sagewood Gear sheaths back when he did not bug down Survive! with his bad decision making processes and when he was getting out knives within 2-3 weeks of orders placed. I honestly think that having chosen Sagewood over Patriot Leather (Skyler's business) planted the seeds of animus. This is not something that has been substantiated but the only thing that would make sense, to me anyway.

maxresdefault.jpg

You can keep posting the beating the dead horse picture because that's the truth a dead horse. But survive has made this situation them no one else.
Survive has a forum here and it seems only weeks after emails and phone calls posting here is what gets the ball rolling.
9 weeks for a refund? How about the supporters give us one good reason a refund takes 9 weeks.
I know there are survive supporters here and you get to use this forum to praise and enjoy your knives. And just like you there are also unhappy customers that deserve to use this forum to speak their unhappiness about their knives.
It's a two way street as much as you love their knives there are the same that feel cheated also.
No where dose it say post only great things about our knives. Don't like reading bad stuff about survive don't read it stay in the other threads that sing praise.
Think it's getting old reading about survives short commings? Well guess what to the people who feel lied and cheated too feel the same way about the praise thread.

It's a good step on a journey to making people whole. That is important.

But if the goal were actually delivering goods as promised, not such a good step, and delivering goods as promised is pretty important to the survival of a business of selling goods.

And why is this thread in this forum?

You'd be wrong again mate. I work with zero knife makers and sell to end use customers only, by choice. Brian does great work, no need to bring in yet another name to sully with your pondering.

If I had to guess:

Guy went with Sagewood Gear sheaths back when he did not bug down Survive! with his bad decision making processes and when he was getting out knives within 2-3 weeks of orders placed. I honestly think that having chosen Sagewood over Patriot Leather (Skyler's business) planted the seeds of animus. This is not something that has been substantiated but the only thing that would make sense, to me anyway.

You'd be wrong again mate. I work with zero knife makers and sell to end use customers only, by choice. Brian does great work, no need to bring in yet another name to sully with your pondering.

OK Skyler, I'll take your stated words for it. I wish that whatever there is that has angered you beyond your obvious active stance on the shoddy practices of S! brings you some form of closure.

Yes, Brain and the Sagewood Gear team are excellent and highly reputable leather craftsmen and mentioning their name is in no way, shape or form is sullying their name. Too bad if that was your takeaway. TBT, I have no further opinion on your business or of that of S! as I am a customer of neither outfits. Good fortunes to both of you in your endeavors.

Agreed. Some folks want only rainbows and unicorns so they can pretend the ugly elephant in the room isn't there.

Poor customer service isn't remedied by overzealous enthusiasts.

Survive needs to take care of the people who've been waiting for years before selling knives to new customers. What's happening here isn't poor customer service, it's a slap in paying customers faces, it's customer neglect at its best and theft\willful false advertisement at its worst.

You can keep posting the beating the dead horse picture because that's the truth a dead horse. But survive has made this situation them no one else.
Survive has a forum here and it seems only weeks after emails and phone calls posting here is what gets the ball rolling.
9 weeks for a refund? How about the supporters give us one good reason a refund takes 9 weeks.
I know there are survive supporters here and you get to use this forum to praise and enjoy your knives. And just like you there are also unhappy customers that deserve to use this forum to speak their unhappiness about their knives.
It's a two way street as much as you love their knives there are the same that feel cheated also.
No where dose it say post only great things about our knives. Don't like reading bad stuff about survive don't read it stay in the other threads that sing praise.
Think it's getting old reading about survives short commings? Well guess what to the people who feel lied and cheated too feel the same way about the praise thread.

I haven't been here for a while. I've been way too busy with a new home remodel, a new grandson, and my own shop is still in shambles 10 months after the move, along with some serious carpal tunnel syndrome. But I digress. I walked away from the S!K drama quite a while ago. I do miss my friends here, Silver, Standard, Hard, NCRock, Riz and others.

I hope I don't offend them now.

I was in the middle of the S!K madness and owned many models at one time. I've since moved on to other knives and don't regret it.

I feel like if I can help anyone here now, then saying this needs to be said. The knives are first rate for the price. In that regard, you won't find a better blade for the money. Hands down.

However.

I was surprised when I checked the S!K forum that all of this drama is STILL going on YEARS later for S!K. This thread reads just like the thread I was on a couple years ago. The issues have not changed (looks to be worse now since some of the knives from back in those days still have not shipped), and the excuses look to be copied and pasted from any number of past threads dating back years now.

I'll be brutally honest here. I was lied to by S!K and Ellie. That's not an opinion. That is fact. It still resonates very strongly with me to this day. I could give all the gory details of that exchange but there is no need. I would say if my thoughts were actually worth anything, I would advise NOT to order a S!K knife no matter what the website says about availability or ship times.
Honestly though, the quality is so good, if there ever is a time (doubtful) that S!K actually has knives IN STOCK and ON THE SHELF, I'd probably buy another one.

While I know I will get lambasted by some, let me just ask a few simple questions.

Since it's inception in 2012, when was the last time S!K EVER shipped blades on time, according to their own verbage?

How many "family emergencies" and "funerals" can one family have? And the timing is always when they have fallen farther behind on another batch and the refund requests come streaming in?

How many times have you heard the same (almost verbatim) response about changes coming soon, ramping up production, etc. etc.?

How many YEARS does S!K have to be in business with the exact same delivery issues and suspect business practices before the terms, "new and up and coming business" are no longer valid?

Would ANY of you reading this, if you were 2.5 years behind on delivering your product to customers who had paid 100% up front, go spend $100k on real estate, or would you hire some people to bolt on handles and sharpen edges?
Even the most novice of us here know that neither of those is that hard to learn.

Just be honest with your self.

I haven't been here for a while. I've been way too busy with a new home remodel, a new grandson, and my own shop is still in shambles 10 months after the move, along with some serious carpal tunnel syndrome. But I digress. I walked away from the S!K drama quite a while ago. I do miss my friends here, Silver, Standard, Hard, NCRock, Riz and others.

I hope I don't offend them now.

I was in the middle of the S!K madness and owned many models at one time. I've since moved on to other knives and don't regret it.

I feel like if I can help anyone here now, then saying this needs to be said. The knives are first rate for the price. In that regard, you won't find a better blade for the money. Hands down.

However.

I was surprised when I checked the S!K forum that all of this drama is STILL going on YEARS later for S!K. This thread reads just like the thread I was on a couple years ago. The issues have not changed (looks to be worse now since some of the knives from back in those days still have not shipped), and the excuses look to be copied and pasted from any number of past threads dating back years now.

I'll be brutally honest here. I was lied to by S!K and Ellie. That's not an opinion. That is fact. It still resonates very strongly with me to this day. I could give all the gory details of that exchange but there is no need. I would say if my thoughts were actually worth anything, I would advise NOT to order a S!K knife no matter what the website says about availability or ship times.
Honestly though, the quality is so good, if there ever is a time (doubtful) that S!K actually has knives IN STOCK and ON THE SHELF, I'd probably buy another one.

While I know I will get lambasted by some, let me just ask a few simple questions.

Since it's inception in 2012, when was the last time S!K EVER shipped blades on time, according to their own verbage?

How many "family emergencies" and "funerals" can one family have? And the timing is always when they have fallen farther behind on another batch and the refund requests come streaming in?

How many times have you heard the same (almost verbatim) response about changes coming soon, ramping up production, etc. etc.?

How many YEARS does S!K have to be in business with the exact same delivery issues and suspect business practices before the terms, "new and up and coming business" are no longer valid?

Would ANY of you reading this, if you were 2.5 years behind on delivering your product to customers who had paid 100% up front, go spend $100k on real estate, or would you hire some people to bolt on handles and sharpen edges?
Even the most novice of us here know that neither of those is that hard to learn.

Just be honest with your self.

It is good to see you posting! I am happy to hear you are spending time with grandson and working on the remodel. CT sucks!My business partner dealt with that for a while, but was able to get past it. Best wishes in finding some relief. Take care, my friend, and be happy!

Good to see you Ronnie. I know you to be someone who holds himself to high standards and expects it from those around him, a very honest person. I appreciate that about you brother.

I remember when we moved our shop and the nightmare it was to get work finished and out the door in the middle of it, so I hope you're able to get your shop set up to your liking soon. Here's looking forward to a time when we're visiting about hogs, dogs, deer or fishin'

Dave

Amazing that a person who loved survive knives just posted on how this thread is just like a thread from years ago. With the same excuses the same lies same family emergencies etc etc.

And as stated the same story,changes coming soon, ramping up production same song and dance for years. The whole time still over 2 years in back order on paid for orders.
Guys that's 730 days, 17,520 hours that this company can't get knives out? The whole time taking new orders and promising shorter delivery dates just to real new customers in.

I was lied to and was tired of the bs excuses thank god I caught on to this scam before I couldn't get my money back. But to hear from someone that was involved with the same bs a couple of years ago is crazy. Just confirms that this company won't change. That they lay empty promises to cull the crowds so the heat lowers on them.
Why so they can sucker more into buying a product that won't be made for years.
And yet come here with the same old story as before not just a year before but years before. Money is so gone they need new buyers to make orders taken years ago, refunds are taking weeks not days but weeks, PayPal has tied up a lot of their money because they are so high risk. They can't even use the PayPal money for refunds because PayPal is covering their own butt.
And to some this company still sounds like a sound investment? Smh I get after protecting something for so long you don't want to realize you have been kicked in the nuts. But damn those kicks have to start to ache after awhile.

I will share my experience........I really love my Survive! knives. They are top notch and a pleasure to use. I inquired about my orders last week via email. Jordyn responded within 48 hours. She explained that my 7/7 and 4.1 factory seconds ordered in February are on the table ready for handle fitting and final sharpening and I could expect to see them soon. I am pretty anxious to receive this pair! It was a difficult decision but I decided to cancel a few of the other knives considering there is no projected date of when they might be produced and I felt uncomfortable about money being tied up not knowing when I could expect the knives. Jordyn once again responded within 48 hours. I received my refund today. I did not have to ask twice or voice concern on this forum. All of my interactions with Survive! have been positive. In my opinion they have a great product. I hope everyone gets their knives, refunds, or whatever and I wish success for Survive!

Forgive my craftsmanship, this was a hasty bow drill but it still worked!

gso4.JPG

That's awesome that you get such a fast response. I hope they stay true to their promise of your knive coming very soon notice soon no set date given. And it's really cool you got your response within 48 hours and your refund just so darn fast. It just makes one wonder why all these other folks have been waiting weeks for a refund and yours was delivered so fast.
Must be no family emergencies, or shop problems the day you called boy you got lucky.
I will share my experience........I really love my Survive! knives. They are top notch and a pleasure to use. I inquired about my orders last week via email. Jordyn responded within 48 hours. She explained that my 7/7 and 4.1 factory seconds ordered in February are on the table ready for handle fitting and final sharpening and I could expect to see them soon. I am pretty anxious to receive this pair! It was a difficult decision but I decided to cancel a few of the other knives considering there is no projected date of when they might be produced and I felt uncomfortable about money being tied up not knowing when I could expect the knives. Jordyn once again responded within 48 hours. I received my refund today. I did not have to ask twice or voice concern on this forum. All of my interactions with Survive! have been positive. In my opinion they have a great product. I hope everyone gets their knives, refunds, or whatever and I wish success for Survive!

View attachment 772507

Here is how a real knife maker handles these issues, I ordered a Grimsmo Rask paying 100% up front knowing that I was helping funding their new shop and equipment with the estimate of 6-9 months. 18 months later I finally got mad enough to post a scathing GBU on them and Jon replied himself that I was right and they were working on them and it may be another couple of months. Guess what, I received my Rask a couple of months later (really late but as promised in his post) and it is awesome. Those guys built a brand new shop, with new CNC equipment, and still got me a folder with industry leading tight tolerances that flips like a dream and locks up tight.

My point is the Grimsmo's were late, and owned up to it, but delivered me a grail knife without lying about it. How much harder can it be to cut a fixed blade blank, grind the edge, and then slap some scales on it versus designing a new folder and bringing it to market within 2 years?

These Survive defenders should look at how that was handled! Seriously, they have to be shamed on the forum to process a refund?

Here is how a real knife maker handles these issues, I ordered a Grimsmo Rask paying 100% up front knowing that I was helping funding their new shop and equipment with the estimate of 6-9 months. 18 months later I finally got mad enough to post a scathing GBU on them and Jon replied himself that I was right and they were working on them and it may be another couple of months. Guess what, I received my Rask a couple of months later (really late but as promised in his post) and it is awesome. Those guys built a brand new shop, with new CNC equipment, and still got me a folder with industry leading tight tolerances that flips like a dream and locks up tight.

My point is the Grimsmo's were late, and owned up to it, but delivered me a grail knife without lying about it. How much harder can it be to cut a fixed blade blank, grind the edge, and then slap some scales on it versus designing a new folder and bringing it to market within 2 years?

These Survive defenders should look at how that was handled! Seriously, they have to be shamed on the forum to process a refund?

That's awesome man and that's how it should be handled when a mistake is made. Glad you got the knife you were expecting. And your right home long does it take to sharpen and bolt scales on? Well at survive obviously 2 plus years. When I first ordered I excited about a great knife so cheap, then seen friends and holding one,guess what. No way not worth it to me and the wait wasn't worth the build. The excuses of this and that don't even fit the quality of these knives. Just my 2 cents better makers and customer service out there for a few more bucks. Agian really cool you got a custom you love.

View attachment 772507

Let us know when you receive your knives, i have a friend who talked to them on the phone and recieved a similar response about his 2.7. One or two weeks at the most and That was back at the end of june. I talked to him last night and still no 2.7.

I received almost the same exact message. Ordered my 4.1 in Feb

Yeah this seems to be their go to response, or something similar. Even with all these negative expierences customers are posting. They still lie about delivery times, order status and refunds.

Seems that survive has said they aren't taking any more orders but people have posted they can still place orders on their website. Idk maybe closing orders on your own website is as hard as fulfilling the orders also. Hope they truly decided to stop taking on more until paid customers are made right.

I'm more of a do what you say person myself, so I don't really like the optics of this.
Having said that, here's my take (speculation):
Seems to me that the models where orders can still be placed are those that have either already been through the grinding process or are in current production (3.5) so that maybe Survive has/sees some capacity.
Just a thought for whatever it's worth...

ETA: I have an order for a 4.1 F2. Given that these have already been ground, I expect to receive mine sometime in December as promised. I intend to let the forum know how it goes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back