POOR customer service

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had skin in this game and due to facts decided to pull out of the game.
Rampant speculation is all most people have due to emails not answered, phone calls ignored, and limited and biased posts from the company here.
Tell ya this much don't like my post because they don't say trust everything it's all going to be alright then use that great feature this form has the ignore button.
The new up comming company excuse is so old.
S!K has its issues as any growing business has. I'm not defending the way they've handled those situations.

Rational people like to base their decisions on fact, not emotion. Seeing progress is a fact. Regular communication builds trust by witnessing the progress. Then people who actually have skin in this game can make reasonable decisions based on what they see and know as fact.

Innuendo, rampant speculation and fear mongering like you've posted most of are not helpful.

Please stop your tirades and let reasonable people have a reasonable discussion about this based on facts, so we can decide what the risks are to our investments. Because there certainly are risks. But those risks are to be interpreted by the facts, not a bunch of rampant speculation.

Watching from the outside looking in, I was curious as to why one member was going to initially have his refund issued minus a restocking fee (this may or may not be the OP, I would need to read through the thread again). As that member stated, if the knife was completed and ready to go it would have been shipped out. The whole reason why it wasn't shipped was because it wasn't yet completed. Why would a restocking fee on an item not yet completed be required or requested upon the user? Once questioned about this by the member, the restocking fee was then waived.

Has this happened to anyone else who has requested a refund?

Watching from the outside looking in, I was curious as to why one member was going to initially have his refund issued minus a restocking fee (this may or may not be the OP, I would need to read through the thread again). As that member stated, if the knife was completed and ready to go it would have been shipped out. The whole reason why it wasn't shipped was because it wasn't yet completed. Why would a restocking fee on an item not yet completed be required or requested upon the user? Once questioned about this by the member, the restocking fee was then waived.

In the theme of speculating as shown above, I'm betting paypal had his back 100% on the refund. Doubt survive had any choice in the matter at all.

In the theme of speculating as shown above, I'm betting paypal had his back 100% on the refund. Doubt survive had any choice in the matter at all.

Again despite your previous claim that per up thread, "I read those threads", you clearly missed this:

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/poor-customer-service.1517607/page-9#post-17457415

Jordyn "relented" and issued a full refund. Fini...

You are absolutely correct as the language is incorrect because in order to charge a re-stocking fee, something must be returned back into stock! No knife ever made and/or delivered = no knife was in stock. Of course they could call it an order cancellation fee or an administrative fee, neither of which are smart policies at this point.

Again despite your previous claim that per up thread, "I read those threads", you clearly missed this:

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/poor-customer-service.1517607/page-9#post-17457415

Jordyn "relented" and issued a full refund. Fini...

You are absolutely correct as the language is incorrect because in order to charge a re-stocking fee, something must be returned back into stock! No knife ever made and/or delivered = no knife was in stock. Of course they could call it an order cancellation fee or an administrative fee, neither of which are smart policies at this point.
Again, not asking you. I know as much as you do. I read that part several times. The refund took 27 days and was done only after paypal forced it. If the 21k is not able to be used for refunds where are they coming from? If the matter is just "relenting" as you say then why not issue the refund right away? The situation and statement from survive do not match up. I won't be responding to you any more on this. The answers should come from survive.

As much as I wouldn't want my knives at the expense of someone who didn't know what they are getting into, I really don't want to lose my knives because of the piling on or beating of a dead horse.

Lancelot gave information, but it wasn't good enough.
Ellie made some posts, but it wasn't good enough.

If someone feels the need to post here to get a refund, that's one thing. When people are trying to make the situation worse than it already is, that's uncalled for.

I decided to cancel my 4.1 2nd order and request a refund. Personally just can't create the patience for a unknown delivery date. Also seeing as I paid with my bank card , I don't want to be outside of dispute window. That is if anything did happen, where a refund was hard to receive for whatever reason.

I did receive a email from survive today. I was told my order which was recently placed, was on schedule to be delivered within the 90 day window. Not sure if this is true or not, just wanted to relay make experience. Given that the recent factory 2nd orders being far beyond that window, I just asked for a refund as oppose to waiting to find out. Hopefully I have no issues in getting the refund.

Without corroborating evidence this appears to be nothing more than conjecture masquerading as statements of fact -- at best!

All the evidence, from the time Survive! launched their starter sales more than two years ago, suggests that early orders funded development of Survive!'s expanding production capacity to meet even more expanding demand. In the internet age, many successful businesses have started with this funding model, appealing directly to prospective customers instead of borrowing from banks or other lenders.

When did Tesla start taking money from prospective customers for the Model 3? Oh, yeah ... early 2016, at $35,000 a pop. Projected release date for the finished product keeps slipping. Now they say sometime in 2018.

You are completely incorrect about Tesla. The deposits were $1000 and they have already begun delivery of the Model 3.

I decided to cancel my 4.1 2nd order and request a refund. Personally just can't create the patience for a unknown delivery date. Also seeing as I paid with my bank card , I don't want to be outside of dispute window. That is if anything did happen, where a refund was hard to receive for whatever reason.

I did receive a email from survive today. I was told my order which was recently placed, was on schedule to be delivered within the 90 day window. Not sure if this is true or not, just wanted to relay make experience. Given that the recent factory 2nd orders being far beyond that window, I just asked for a refund as oppose to waiting to find out. Hopefully I have no issues in getting the refund.

Can you tell us when you placed your order and update us on your refund?

S!K has its issues as any growing business has. I'm not defending the way they've handled those situations.

Rational people like to base their decisions on fact, not emotion. Seeing progress is a fact. Regular communication builds trust by witnessing the progress. Then people who actually have skin in this game can make reasonable decisions based on what they see and know as fact.

Innuendo, rampant speculation and fear mongering like you've posted most of are not helpful.

Please stop your tirades and let reasonable people have a reasonable discussion about this based on facts, so we can decide what the risks are to our investments. Because there certainly are risks. But those risks are to be interpreted by the facts, not a bunch of rampant speculation.
You're correct, facts are what matter.

Here are the facts.
For years survive had taken money and not delivered a product on time.
Lately when people have requested refunds for their non existent knives survive has given them the run around or shut down communication entirely.
People are having to resort to filing a dispute through pay pal to get their refunds.
Survive has become such a risky business that PayPal is holding onto some of their money so they can process returns if survive goes belly up.

Now survive is once again claiming that they are restructuring and all will be well, and you fans can lap it up. You know the history, you know what you're getting yourself into.
Threads like this are for the new people that should have fair warning of what to expect when they order from survive.

Threats of banning to silence people? Most every post has been on topic.

I highly doubt your "ban" would be upheld. Good try though. Intimidation, add that to the list survive uses to try and keep people from telling the truth.

I'm sure super mods are aware of this, already. So I'm not to worried.

So, why exactly are people waiting 2.5 years with no knife? When will they get a knife? Why are you selling knives to people when customers have paid you years ago and still have NO knife? That IS on topic. But Ellie refuses to answer.

Started making threats though.

I placed my order last Wednesday. I have not gotten any response back after responding with a request for refund. I will update if I get the refund or hear anything else from them.

I placed my order last Wednesday. I have not gotten any response back after responding with a request for refund. I will update if I get the refund or hear anything else from them.

I received my F2 4.1 about 180 days after ordering (ordered late Jan, received mid July). Some people have reported getting theirs faster, others have reported it taking longer.

I was fine with that wait and the knife is fantastic. Well worth the cost and my patience was rewarded in every way.

That's my experience FWIW.

I received my F2 4.1 about 180 days after ordering (ordered late Jan, received mid July). Some people have reported getting theirs faster, others have reported it taking longer.

I was fine with that wait and the knife is fantastic. Well worth the cost and my patience was rewarded in every way.

I'm glad you were satisfied with your experience. Did you go into it knowing full well that it would quite possibly be a much longer wait than the promised 90 days? If so, then that's because of people posting here about their experience. How can these negative posts be called "off topic"? The topic is "poor customer service"!!

I for one am glad so many posts have been made on these forums about this company's questionable dealings. It allows me to make an informed decision if its worth the hassle to try and be one of the "lucky ones" or not!

Nice. I ordered mine in Feb and get the run around every time I email

All of this stuff is so disheartening. I have been a supporter of this company since its early days. Lately I have had a very bad taste in my mouth about it.

THE CAUSE FOR THIS EXACT PROBLEM IS THAT SURVIVE! DEVALUED THIER OWN PRODUCT CAUSING AN UNMEETABLE DEMAND. They should have been charging around $350 for a 5.1 and fallen right in line with other midtech/semi custom producers like Adventure Sworn, Fiddleback Forge, Spartan Blades and others. They would have made a better profit margin on each knife while keeping the demand in a place where they could actually keep up with orders. They valued their knives to compete with a volume producer like Spyderco's fixed blades and Bark River. Add that demand to any little series of glitches in timeline forcasting and you have an ever growing backlog. Two years or so ago we had a conversation on the forums about their business model. Many of us agreed they should have raised their prices to slow the demand and squeeze some more profit out of each blade. We also suggested that they only take orders for one model, close the books, start production and only re-open the books for a different model or subsequent run of the same model after they had the vast majority of the products built and sent out.

I have owned two 7/7's, three 5.1's, two 3.5s, two necker 2s, and two neckers. I got every one of those Relatively quick. I am waiting on a 4.5 and I am really hoping that I get it before the end of 2018. I knew it was going to be a long wait and I am ok with that. I am Glad I am only on the hook for one knife though.

Kind of apples to oranges there, with Adventure Sworn, Fiddleback Forge, and Spartan Blades you can click buy now and have it at your door in a few days with no excuses because their production knife is already built using their own operating capital.

All of this stuff is so disheartening. I have been a supporter of this company since its early days. Lately I have had a very bad taste in my mouth about it.

THE CAUSE FOR THIS EXACT PROBLEM IS THAT SURVIVE! DEVALUED THIER OWN PRODUCT CAUSING AN UNMEETABLE DEMAND. They should have been charging around $350 for a 5.1 and fallen right in line with other midtech/semi custom producers like Adventure Sworn, Fiddleback Forge, Spartan Blades and others. They would have made a better profit margin on each knife while keeping the demand in a place where they could actually keep up with orders. They valued their knives to compete with a volume producer like Spyderco's fixed blades and Bark River. Add that demand to any little series of glitches in timeline forcasting and you have an ever growing backlog. Two years or so ago we had a conversation on the forums about their business model. Many of us agreed they should have raised their prices to slow the demand and squeeze some more profit out of each blade. We also suggested that they only take orders for one model, close the books, start production and only re-open the books for a different model or subsequent run of the same model after they had the vast majority of the products built and sent out.

I have owned two 7/7's, three 5.1's, two 3.5s, two necker 2s, and two neckers. I got every one of those Relatively quick. I am waiting on a 4.5 and I am really hoping that I get it before the end of 2018. I knew it was going to be a long wait and I am ok with that. I am Glad I am only on the hook for one knife though.

Ill agree that they should have focused on one model at a time like they did with the 5.1 get that done and move on. At least than people would know where they are in the lin up. Right now you have people waiting on 4 different models in production at once and no one knows where they are in the que.

i really dont see how raising the price would've helped the situation that we're in now. I think even if they raised the price the number of orders wouldve been around the same. People would just be even angrier than they are now. Maybe a cap on the number of orders would've been better but this is all just speculation

Is it an Accepted Fact that survive! knives can not survive unless they sell new knives to finance the production of knives already paid for?

They do not have the funds remaining to manufacture the knives already paid for and must make new sales to finance the manufacture of the knives already paid for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back