Post Up Your NEW Gear ...

20180512_161533.jpg Picked up an East Coast Blue Crab culling gauge for peelers, softs, and hard crabs. Sturdy 1/4" thick aluminum. Will use on kayak and pier outings in Chesapeake Bay and environs.View attachment 904928

2 Arrow Knives - Companion Bushcraft Friction Folder:

hxYnrMNl.jpg

pDjmFJIl.jpg

k9RVDlEl.jpg

Kinda mixed about it. Is the swedge sharp. Guess it should be. Good all purpose knife

it's been too damn hot and been riding my bikes instead of hiking so i've been backyard-camping a lot with my niece to satisfy my urge for playing/cooking with wood fire.

solo_stove_zpsve50skkm.jpg

orange_trays_zpsejphpjhx.jpg

$250-worth of firewood (3 truck loads and 3 saturdays hauling them)...holy crap! i had no idea firewood was this expensive...after the first batch i just couldn't stop and started hoarding as much as i can store, lol.

firewood_truck_zpswiobiwpd.jpg

JV3,

I'm interested in your opinions of the Solo Pots.

What are your plans for the orange plastic? What are the dimensions?

I have the Solo Stove Titan and like it very much, but I use a Nomadic Stove Company Trekker or MSP Core most backpacking because of the weight.

I have the 1800 Solo pot
I use it on a wide gas head to cook lentil soups for two
So i need more than a liter and space to cook vegetables and stir soup so it does not stick
The SS is thin and burns a little too easily
When I used a stove head like a pocket rocket that focuses the flame, the pot will burn
That is why I use a wide head stove

A thicker aluminum pot might be better, but this is what I have

I bought an Enzo Trapper 115 full flat grind in 12c27 for £88. The sheath wasn't as tight as I liked so I took it to a cobbler who neatly glued a piece of leather inside it. No problems now, can turn the sheath upside down and shake it and the knife won't fall out. He charged me £4. Very happy with the knife, I work as a live in carer and go stay with clients for a month at a time, the Trapper comes with me as a general purpose blade.

Stanley Master flask, this is my 3rd attempt at buying one of these online. On the First one the transition from the black coating to steel was horrible, 2nd attempt seller packaged it poorly and had a dent in it. Must have been hit hard cause this thing is hefty. This one came in good to go. Got this one for $20 shipped :D:D:D

Attachments

• 20180827_131932-1.jpg
    20180827_131932-1.jpg
    314.1 KB · Views: 23
Stanley Master flask, this is my 3rd attempt at buying one of these online. On the First one the transition from the black coating to steel was horrible, 2nd attempt seller packaged it poorly and had a dent in it. Must have been hit hard cause this thing is hefty. This one came in good to go. Got this one for $20 shipped :D:D:D

I've had one of those for 6 months and love it. Supposedly most flasks will oxidize with whiskey left in them, turning it a dark color. Stanley Master flasks don't! I left one full for 2 months and the whiskey still looked, smelled, and tasted the same as from the bottle.

Got a new alcohol stove from Tomshoo.
Sturdy little thing that burns nice.

w84I3Oisi41YE-YoVrUf5z6VFc9aMpP-pKrtzrQhAfnf6wTN0otBejAbHODBaHzUV6Tqoq8utSRx_Z_Hqw3g_ccaDHR57pA_KvagysvF_2ERCx-R6Idb9RUnvcrF_IAvzUg7D__gJChC8cMt5Kowi6v1z1DttVNd_B8DTxIydjNBag0K3Zzu0qQ-0AvjzVXb_uQR9riVGembGrMxtfsaoW4YCAkpiHXetVz5bphk3ubR7rZeVn-G8zMlampyZt8Hqa52n82bvQq7-Be8u8w9XUoEbaxj5GekCNYF1PeUAqT1CfPizH-whJ5GrOIONdBHJYJzQdfFLn_AdJ72w_jepaOjTqapDNhzVNbtM0_E7DxVD03ll4zODpsS3l896ORNDqTlWW4-1yk6w-08XtC8fklYIEmWXyEsI0W91vJ19cCHDkfdXVooD6i2OtRib5aii5VFGxbTLRD-dApAaohJVoRzkc7P3UjDQVawQZXTTkaG143zcLZRe1oVOnZtipUdv57lbuK7VhXcWN_vVu6ToQ9Y8dRyrNbfN7VrKDWI6pofE8_XVd6zyum6Hex3e-y8MwACBSfICxLeem7202i0VGcMpRe9nfzTzuZ3Suf1sRvcBRn0TUu6vlLdJNgyDJ8=w800-h533-no

Replacing my homemade sodacanstove with this.

Reactions: 315
my ml knives kephart with desert ironwood handle and stainless steel pins is here :)

jay_ml_kephart_01_zpsqxigosc7.jpg

since my pic won't do the wood justice here's matt's pic of it prior to sending it to me.

jay_ml_kephart_02_zpspwoo2r1w.jpg
Beautifully functional knife there JV. I have the same in black walnut. I love its simplistic design.

Reactions: JV3
Back