Post Up Your NEW Gear ...

You must travel in some bad areas. Good ideas. What's the handle for?

i don't think there are safe places anymore judging by the location of mass shootings...i didn't hike or ride my mtb as much this year due to my motorcycle taking more of my free time so i wanted to load up my edc pack with extra weight to get in better shape and this armor serves dual purpose :)

not to get into politics but i also wanted to buy them now while it's still legal for civilians to own them. they've tried to ban them in the past but failed...i'm not waiting around.

the bottom handle is for a more secure grip while lifting the pack above the shoulders/head and while doing other physical training with it. google pic "goruck challenge" - depending on one's weight each person is required to have either a 20 or 30 lbs minimum dry weight inside the pack. people usually attend with their friends for team building and serve as motivation to get in better shape.

goruck_rucker_bottom_handle_zpss8ir06kz.jpg

i ordered a us flag patch along with these wire dopps and goruck customer service e-mailed me that it's sold out and they're sorry for the inconvenience so these wire dopps are free...that's $70 free! thank you goruck :)

goruck_wire_dopp_zpskkukfkux.jpg

goruck 20 and 30 lbs ruck plates...also signed up for next year's light events on 4th of july, 9/11 and halloween :)

goruck_ruck_plates_zpskglhgqcv.jpg

Always a bright light when it comes to your lanterns, mewolf1 ...

Winter ... and overdue for a hot camp coffee. Just shovelled the snow aside to make room for the emberlit on its second outing. There's something about the taste of coffee that reflects tree branches :)

DSCF3345 COFFEE POT MUG EMBERLIT 800 MED.jpg

DSCF3353 COFFEE MUG EMBERLIT 800 MED.jpg

nice to have another becker again :)

becker_bk62_zps7q0janpt.jpg

aside from my mora 510 my kepharts are my favorite knives (two on the left are ml knives and the orange one is a bark river 3v).

kepharts_zpsl3c5brum.jpg

compared to the ml knives for the curious...used to be when you read kephart it's ml knives that's the one to have...my first impression is now it has a stiff competition for that title :)

ml_bk62_kepharts_zps5szptpie.jpg

I've depended on my Trailblazer, a break down buck saw, and always kept one in the vehicle and one at home for property and camp - absolutely no complaints at all. Yet, the Agawa Canyon's "no loose parts" and lower vertical rise appealed to me, and so it turned up under the tree this year.

I have plans to make a shoulder carry sheath for this (or Trailblazer) and my belt axe and one large blade - my wood processing musketeers.

Just under 21.75 " length, unfold green handle to right, unfold black handle (beneath) to left, take each full circle & bring to pivot together under tension.

DSCF3858 AGAWA CANYON SAW FOLDED 650 MED.jpg

Now, with anything sharp and fangy that is under tension, the hard way has taught me to keep it under control ... and I have practiced to this end and now find it easy to set up ... but I do set my foot on the black (left hand vertical in pics) to secure while tensioning and releasing that blade with care. No sense in bleeding over it. That's only to assist my strength - others may be completely confident sans.

DSCF3860 AGAWA CANYON SAW UP 650 MED.jpg
Cuts like a hot knife through butter and this is not the most aggressive blade offered. How it will compare to the Trailblazer will need a later 'apples to apples' comparison - which will result in a good fire if nothing else :thumbsup:

DSCF3864 AGAWA CANYON SAW DEZ DAISY 750 MED.jpg

Last edited:
surefire e1b backup max vision, fury dft, and fenix tk35 ue...i'm going to compare on my next overnighter how the fury (1,500 lumens) compares to the tk35 (3,200 lumens).

surefire_fenix_zpsk0r4wynr.jpg

Also just picked up 30% merino wool blend 2 layer base later. Top @ 50% off. Bottom @ 70% off.

aspen-2-layer-base-layer-top-merino-wool-blend-long-sleeve-for-men-in-heather-grey~p~475df_01~1500.2.jpg

I am not much of a "gadget" guy, but this utensil set I just picked up is pretty nice. Knife came shaving sharp, it's nice and compact, and most importantly, there is no SPORK involved! I despise sporks! Anywho, clearanced out to $5 at Academy, so I couldn't pass it up!
Bruce

Bp8UthQ.jpg

Back