Post your Arno Bernard Pic's!

First one I've received with the caged bearings, VERY smooth!

Y9VTV41.jpg

I'd like to ask you folks something. I was looking at one of the authorized dealers up north, and the site says something about the "new open nail nick" on the iMamba.

Some googling didn't turn up any pictures. Is this a nick that's cut all the way through, like a Gen 3 Mnandi?

The hole in the new Mnandis ruined them IMO. They are sharp and extremely aggravating to the skin on a fellow's thumb. However, this might not matter on an iMamba flipper.

Any info or opinions would be appreciated.

Yes my friend, you are correct. It is removed just like the Mnandi. Not very appealing to me, and I believe you are right about it not affecting the flipper. I purchased the all titanium iMamba without the cutout, beautiful knife. On equal ground with CRK, in my opinion, and yes I do have a Sebenza but prefer the AB.

Yes my friend, you are correct. It is removed just like the Mnandi. Not very appealing to me, and I believe you are right about it not affecting the flipper. I purchased the all titanium iMamba without the cutout, beautiful knife. On equal ground with CRK, in my opinion, and yes I do have a Sebenza but prefer the AB.
Thanks for clearing that up. I had planned to order a flipper on bearings and a non-flipper on washers to find out which I prefer. Now it looks like it will be a flipper only.

I do find that a lot of junk (like cheese & meat goop) will accumulate in that Mnandi hole. Not a fan.

'Preciate it.

Thanks for clearing that up. I had planned to order a flipper on bearings and a non-flipper on washers to find out which I prefer. Now it looks like it will be a flipper only.

I do find that a lot of junk (like cheese & meat goop) will accumulate in that Mnandi hole. Not a fan.

'Preciate it.
My iMamba came with caged bearings, my first flipper. Probably my last flipper unless I purchase a second one as a backup. I’ve been looking at the slip joint that they offer, it might be next. I really love the look of some of the inlay models but read that they are not to be immersed in any liquid like water for long periods of time. The adhesive tape that they use will probably start to release.

I'd like to ask you folks something. I was looking at one of the authorized dealers up north, and the site says something about the "new open nail nick" on the iMamba.

Some googling didn't turn up any pictures. Is this a nick that's cut all the way through, like a Gen 3 Mnandi?

The hole in the new Mnandis ruined them IMO. They are sharp and extremely aggravating to the skin on a fellow's thumb. However, this might not matter on an iMamba flipper.

Any info or opinions would be appreciated.
I have ordered directly with cutout (AB calls it skeletonized). It looks mitered on the edge of the cut. Not sharp like a Spyderco. I’ll let you know when I receive it.

Last edited:
Back