Post your Arno Bernard Pic's!

My iMamba came with caged bearings, my first flipper. Probably my last flipper unless I purchase a second one as a backup. I’ve been looking at the slip joint that they offer, it might be next. I really love the look of some of the inlay models but read that they are not to be immersed in any liquid like water for long periods of time. The adhesive tape that they use will probably start to release.
I'd imagine that they use VHB tape, the same thing that Chris Reeve have been using on their knives for years and years. Honestly, I'd be very surprised if an inlay came off from normal use in rainy environments, dipping it in the river to cut your fishing line, washing it out with hot soap and water, I think all that is fine unless you plan to use it for diving or something. The Bernard brothers could correct me if I'm wrong, but I think if your knives frequently get wet, you'd want to think more about protecting the material itself (wood, bone, mammoth etc.), rather than the tape underneath it. Some paste wax of your choice would be good for protecting the natural material.

I have ordered directly with cutout (AB calls it skeletonized). It looks mitered on the edge of the cut. Not sharp like a Spyderco. I’ll let you know when I receive it.
I also have a "Skeletonized " Flipper soon to be on it's way. It appears in the pictures I have seen that is more beveled than the Mnandi. Side note I have one of the Mnandi and I actually really like it (as does my daughter who wants me to give her this one)

I also have a "Skeletonized " Flipper soon to be on its way. It appears in the pictures I have seen that is more beveled than the Mnandi. Side note I have one of the Mnandi and I actually really like it (as does my daughter who wants me to give her this one)
I particularly like the full cutout vibe more than the nail-nick. I’m so glad AB can customize what you want. I much prefer a Spydie hole to, say a thumb stud. So, always loved knives like Spyderco and Strider over Benchmade or Emerson. I got rid of my Sebenzas because I couldn’t tolerate the pointy thumb studs. Hoping the iMamba is my perfect solution to wanting a Sebenza but not enjoying its feel in-hand. Besides, I must have one of the brands; I’m South African. That’s the joy of the hobby - options for everyone.

Last edited:
Goodness man. That is absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations!

Thanks! I sent the link to these Mammoth iMamba to my buddy Screebo Screebo and it's my fault that he also has one arriving in 1-2 days. He just didn't pay extra for express shipping like I did, and Jim was happy to oblige me and get it to me by the weekend 🥳

I was happy that I got to pick the molar pattern, as this one looks more unique than any others I've seen.

Back