Prepare For The SYKCO Alpha Dog 6. . . INFI & Resiprene C. . .Wednesday, May 8, 2019 9:00pm Eastern!

Ok, so I'm really liking this Resi-C handle material.
I compare it to what Fallkniven uses (Thermorun) and whatever Cold Steel (Kraton).
Resi-C feels very similar to Thermorun, but without the checkered pattern. It's grippy, feels solid and yet has a bit of rubbery feel (hard to explain).

Oh, and despite what I had said about initial tinge of regret about the DC-BIG finish, it's growing on me :)

Ok, so I'm really liking this Resi-C handle material.
I compare it to what Fallkniven uses (Thermorun) and whatever Cold Steel (Kraton).
Resi-C feels very similar to Thermorun, but without the checkered pattern. It's grippy, feels solid and yet has a bit of rubbery feel (hard to explain).

Oh, and despite what I had said about initial tinge of regret about the DC-BIG finish, it's growing on me :)
IMHO, the BIG DC makes the best user as it turns Satinish (made up word) with use.

Well, in spite of getting my "shipping notice," yesterday, mine (BIG DC) finally actually shipped this afternoon. It showed on USPS until this afternoon as simply the shipping label being generated.
So, I guess I got MY shipping notice this afternoon in reality.

Got my satin Alpha Dog 6 about a half hour ago. I think this one is going to be a good companion around the farm or a good general hiking/camping knife. It's a little heavier than I expected but I like the feel of it. I might try it this deer season and see how it does. Thinking it'll be a little big for that, but we'll see.

20190529_185559.jpg

Got my satin Alpha Dog 6 about a half hour ago. I think this one is going to be a good companion around the farm or a good general hiking/camping knife. It's a little heavier than I expected but I like the feel of it. I might try it this deer season and see how it does. Thinking it'll be a little big for that, but we'll see.

View attachment 1136934
In Florida our deer are like the size of big dogs so I plan to use my MBC or Wiskey Warden. My AD6 might get a crack at some hogs though. Maybe I'll send it off to Josh @razor-edge-knives to have him sharpen up that swedge for me to make it slide through the ribcage a little easier. :thumbsup::cool:

All the way to Canada already, so now what the heck 2 weeks mean anyways ?
I2JwZSo.jpg

All the way to Canada already, so now what the heck 2 weeks mean anyways ?

Yeah agreed, we're living in the freakin' Twilight Zone now...nothing makes sense anymore. :D Hopefully this turn around time keeps up and there's no more instances of 9+ weeks after the ding to get shipping notice. That wait was painful and exactly what I'd wish for my worst enemy. :eek::confused:

Man, these photos are paining me. Mine is supposed to be here “Friday before 8pm.” Which means no earlier than Friday at 3pm, if that. About 3 hours after I fly out for a week trip. I obviously travel too much for work, as this is the second or third time this very situation has arisen. At least I’m only gone for a week this time. One of the last times, I was gone for 6 weeks.

Meant to add: I wonder if this AD6 is as slicier than the DS6 as it looks to be? If so, this has high potential to be s favorite. Just behind any HR, that is.

Yes, &,thank you :)
I couldn't help but notice how it and the AD6 are just so much alike.
Yeah that nuked nfno is sweet! I got the big satin, and I love it. But I was almost wishing I got the nuke for that beautiful blade shape. Now I got my chance with the AD6/ res-c nuke nfno. ;)

Back