Prepare For The SYKCO Alpha Dog 6. . . INFI & Resiprene C. . .Wednesday, May 8, 2019 9:00pm Eastern!

That looks incredible, Jerry! Dan is a real character. Gotta watch that guy....

You think that spine on say the BIG finish would be squared enough for striking a ferro rod? Has Dan completed the comprehensive ferro rod testing with this one?
That section right above the logo looks like it's begging to throw some sparks.

Is it just me or does this look a lot like the NFNO?

A lot like it.

Very similar blade but different handle, obviously. A lot better price for the budget friendly and the swedge isn't an additional cost (available on nuked version NFNO). Looking at the 2 pics, it looks like the NFNO has a wider blade, or a lower grind. You also miss out on the talon holes, but otherwise a very similar blade design. I think this will be fantastic for me, because I wanted the NFNO but didn't want to spend the coin. I think a SR101 version would tickle my tastes a little better, but this will do fine, I think.

Nano%20Outlaw%20Nuked%205.jpg

Dog%206D%20Satin-X3.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, give me this blade profile on a Ratmandu handle in 3/16" SR101, man oh man that would be my knife.

Well, this is just awesome! I don't think I can pass this one up, going DC. I love the Scrap Yard handle and the blade is beautiful. It does look like the NFNO which I love, but I think it might be just a tad narrower. Hard to tell. I'm not a fan of swedges, but this one leaves plenty of flat on the top. I'm guessing the weight is around 12oz. vs. 16 for the NFNO. Would be nice if the spine was sharp, but I carry a striker anyway. A sharp spine is good for more than just striking a ferro rod, but I can live without it.

As others have said, I wish Tanker Grey still existed, but its INFI so I always go for uncoated anyway. Too big a jump in price from DC to satin on this one, so this will be my first DC, knife.

I personally prefer my INFI knife steel over my SR101, but cost is a major factor too and SR101 is a very good carbon steel that really holds and edge. I personally, would like to see a smaller SYKCO blade with uncoated SR101 just for kicks. How about a narrower 5 1/4" blade with no choil, acid washed raw uncoated SR101?

I just did some measuring and the blade widths are roughly the same based on where the blade in the AD centers on the grip. I used a Trash 1 handle to measure and my NFNO. Looks like the Alpha Dog 6 may be a sixteenth narrower if at all. I'm still guessing its a 12oz. (maybe lighter) knife. My Basic 8 is only 12 3/8oz. but it has a FFG.

This should be an excellent hunting knife and has a lot of all around potential uses. Just my opinion of course.

I gotta get one...setting my alarm now.

Wow, give me this blade profile on a Ratmandu handle in 3/16" SR101, man oh man that would be my knife.
Add some liners or some form of magnum grips to fatten up that handle a bit and I'm right there with ya'.

since this is going to be my first non coated knife from busse, BIG DC, is it a rough satin finish?

since this is going to be my first non coated knife from busse, BIG DC, is it a rough satin finish?
Just the opposite of Satin which is smooth...Double Cut is Porous due to the Blasting Media...Not INFI Dimple Porous but a smooth frosted porous appearance. The only draw back to DC is the micro porous finish is more prone to surface oxidation if not properly maintained in Humid/Wet Climates.

Just the opposite of Satin which is smooth...Double Cut is Porous due to the Blasting Media...Not INFI Dimple Porous but a smooth frosted porous appearance. The only draw back to DC is the micro porous finish is more prone to surface oxidation if not properly maintained in Humid/Wet Climates.
This ^^^ I have a BIG DC Mentor that has picked up some surface oxidation. I'll post some pics tomorrow.

I also have an HG55 Le that is Satin which picked up a few specks of rust but it must've taken a lot (I'm not the original owner) because that's the first Satin blade I've seen rust on and most of my Busses are satin.

Busto is correct. DC is a very fine bead blast. I have tried to copy it with different grits anf DC is still smoother. But it is not satin smooth and can leade to rust spots.

I will say that INFI resists rust better than steels with similar Cr so I would not worry to much about it. In fact it has resisted corrosion better than D2 for me.

being in Canada, every extra 1$ is more for me so I'm trying to decide if the 70$ USD worth it (also higher price mean higher custom fee, fun stuff)

right now i'm still thinking DC, if you have story / info about bad experience with it, let me know ... it could switch my decision to go satin

being in Canada, every extra 1$ is more for me so I'm trying to decide if the 70$ USD worth it (also higher price mean higher custom fee, fun stuff)

right now i'm still thinking DC, if you have story / info about bad experience with it, let me know ... it could switch my decision to go satin
I'm going to be testing a process to turn BIG DC into Satin on the Mentor with the oxidation. 300 grit sandpaper and some elbow grease should do it

Back