Problem with the new BK-2 sheath!

if you are willing to wait a little while Paul at Hedgehog Leatherworks is designing an awesome sheath for the BK2 as we speak. If it ends up anything like his other sheaths it will be everything you need in a sheath. the only problem is they are a little pricey. Hope that helps.

Ya i heard but i dont want leather nor do i want to spend over $100 for one either.

Ya i heard but i dont want leather nor do i want to spend over $100 for one either.

remove more metal? :)

obsess less about a microtome edge?

i know, neither is great...

find someone with the older BK2 sheath to swap with?

Bladite

One thing I have tried to do was pushing the spine of the blade up against the inside of the sheath when inserting the blade. It doesn't move once the blade is locked in place, so I don't have a problem with the edge rubbing. It may be different with each sheath, though, because of manufacturing tolerances and whatnot.

if the sheath is a problem you could have a kydex one made, they arent 100 dollars ;)

ya i know that chestnut knife shop has premade kedex sheaths for this knife for $35 but i will get that as a last resort, because i dont want to spend the money right now.

I don't think the old one was any better in that regard, because the blade can move around in the sheath and make contact with the interior edges of the kydex, causing the same problem.

well, sounds like y'all need a custom sheath then.

maybe the old eagle creek design even (ePray), iirc, soft lined hard interior cordura of best quality.

Bladite

You can have my old BK2 sheath I don't use it.

that was a mighty fine offer btw, so on behalf of the others thank you.

can't please everyone. my little birds tell me that Campanions are flying out of KaBar as fast as they can get steel :) SOMEbody likes'em.

Bladite

I like my BK2... a lot! The sheath works well for what I need it to do, which is simply hold the knife while I'm not using it. I will say, however, that I'm saving my nickles and dimes for when Paul at Hedgehog Leatherworks is done designing the new BK2 sheath.

I have the Hedgehog sheath for my Tracker and it is amazing. It should be they do cost an arm and a leg. But it's something you can hand down to your kids and they their kids ect. I already had a custom sheath made for my BK2 and I actually used a lot of ideas from my Tracker sheath to design it. Even so I will be sorely tempted to get the Hedgehog BK2 sheath. Hmmmmm maybe I just need another BK2 to put in it ;)

I like my BK2... a lot! The sheath works well for what I need it to do, which is simply hold the knife while I'm not using it. I will say, however, that I'm saving my nickles and dimes for when Paul at Hedgehog Leatherworks is done designing the new BK2 sheath.

I have the Hedgehog sheath for my Tracker and it is amazing. It should be they do cost an arm and a leg. But it's something you can hand down to your kids and they their kids ect. I already had a custom sheath made for my BK2 and I actually used a lot of ideas from my Tracker sheath to design it. Even so I will be sorely tempted to get the Hedgehog BK2 sheath. Hmmmmm maybe I just need another BK2 to put in it ;)

Hedgehog makes some nice sheaths for the Fallknivens... expensive knives deserve good sheaths :)

the BK02 sheath they are making will be ... mmm ... worthy for the BK02 :) i'll probably have to shank someone i mean uh, get a raise, and save my pennies, but it will be worth it. heck, i might even have someone pimp out a new BK02 for me, polished, and all that, micarta handles? perhaps hardwood. make it a user too. no safe queen that.

Beckers and Hedgehogs are to be used.

Bladite

I have plastic shavings on the oiled blade on my BK2 each time I pull it out, this doesn't bother me though- lets me know I have a nice snug fit :)

Hey, PittRule55,

It's because you had this problem (I watched your vids, also) that I didn't order this knife. If I hadn't seen that vid, I would have bought the BK2 last week. It's not worth buying a custom or substitute sheath for a 60 knife (making it a $100+ knife) - at least to me it's not worth it. I think I'll be trying out the RC-5 to see how much abuse it will take.

Thanks for saving me from the disappointment that you had.

Blunt

Hey, PittRule55,

It's because you had this problem (I watched your vids, also) that I didn't order this knife. If I hadn't seen that vid, I would have bought the BK2 last week. It's not worth buying a custom or substitute sheath for a 60 knife (making it a $100+ knife) - at least to me it's not worth it. I think I'll be trying out the RC-5 to see how much abuse it will take.

Thanks for saving me from the disappointment that you had.

Blunt

Hey It still a great knife and still would recommend it also some say I got a deffected sheath also but if you want the RC-5 you pretty much are buying the same knife with micarta scales, lol. I cant wait to see the videos on the RC-5 and you abusing it. Last if you have any sugguestions for this problem let me know.
thanks, PittRules

Hey It still a great knife and still would recommend it also some say I got a deffected sheath also but if you want the RC-5 you pretty much are buying the same knife with micarta scales, lol. I cant wait to see the videos on the RC-5 and you abusing it. Last if you have any sugguestions for this problem let me know.
thanks, PittRules

Ya, I was (and still might) do a comparison vid with the RC-5 and the BK2 to find out if the RC-5 is really worth twice as much. They are extremely similar as far as the blade design and steel goes.

I don't know if it would work, but what I would do if I were you is buy some grommets to replace the ones on the sheath, then tear it apart and sand or grind away the area that contacts the edge.

Blunt

Ya, I was (and still might) do a comparison vid with the RC-5 and the BK2 to find out if the RC-5 is really worth twice as much. They are extremely similar as far as the blade design and steel goes.

I don't know if it would work, but what I would do if I were you is buy some grommets to replace the ones on the sheath, then tear it apart and sand or grind away the area that contacts the edge.

Blunt

I'm going to try to do that without taking it apart first. I'll let you know how it works. There is one contact point on the belly part of the sheath which may be a problem, but we'll see.

For $40 you could get a custom made kydex sheath and if you look around you could find someone to make a leather one for around that. I did ;)

Back