Problem with the new BK-2 sheath!

Pittrules,

Let me take a look at both. I'll do what's right by you.

Best Regards,

Paul Tsujimoto
Sr Eng
Prod Dev and Qual
KA-BAR Knives

I posted this on another thread, but thought it was relevant here:

As a follow up, I just finished re-sharpening my BK-2, and that may have done the trick. As Toooj mentioned above, there are slight differences in every blade, mine (in comparison with my gen 1 BK-2) was slightly wider. After sharpening it up (extra coarse stone to slightly reprofile it, then double bevel grind), it's all good, and it's not touching the sheath anymore. That could be some of the problem that people are dealing with.

BTW, the Tek-Lok fits amazing on the gen 2 sheath. Thanks for the suggestion, Bladite!

Pittrules,

We have your BK-2. The blade and sheath will be replaced. I'll check to see if it has gone out yet.

Best Regards,

Paul Tsujimoto
Sr Eng
Prod Dev and Qual
KA-BAR Knives

Pittrules,

We have your BK-2. The blade and sheath will be replaced. I'll check to see if it has gone out yet.

Best Regards,

Paul Tsujimoto
Sr Eng
Prod Dev and Qual
KA-BAR Knives

yet another example of stellar customer service and warranty. let me add that to the stack!

PittRules,

It was replaced with a new knife and sent out. You should get it very soon.

Hi Dave, Hope all is well.

Best Regards,

Paul Tsujimoto
Sr Eng
Prod Dev and Qual.
KA-BAR Knives

If anyone wonders why I'm such a staunch supporter of Becker and KA-BAR, I think that Toooj's response to this problem pretty much explains it.

There may be customer service as good somewhere else, but I don't know where, and I doubt that there is better, anywhere in the industry.

Problem? Fixed.

Buy more Beckers.

I had one problem which was fixed promptly that I handled through the email process. I prefer that so as the whole world doesn't have to read about my concern. And I remember at least one phone call. The second issue was concerning a matter of preference that after a few emails I got some ideas on how to proceed and Paul made it all happen.

I can echo dawsonbob's sentiment here and say that these are exactly the issues why I have become such a diehard KA-BAR fan. And some here might get sick of me singing their praises. Well get over it because I am about to do it again. Many of the top companies are where they are because of their commitment to customer service. The department stores and super stores which rate the highest in surveys do so not because of their prices, but because of their service.

Sure, your Becker might have a slightly off center grind (mine does), or a gap large enough to fit a folfed dollar bill between the scale and tang, but it is built HERE, built pretty damn well, and priced below what I ever would have expected. And then they back it to the wall to boot.

Good job (BZ) KA-BAR Toooj and Becker Ethan! (yeah, broken record blah blah blah) :D

Just got my first Becker (sweet BK11 - Fathers Day gift) though not my first Ka-Bar. I'd be buying more even without this sort of service but threads like this one - this makes customers loyal for life.

Great work, Toooj!

Pittrules,

Best Regards,

Paul Tsujimoto
Sr Eng
Prod Dev and Qual
KA-BAR Knives

Hey I got the knife and it is a replacement?, I wasn't sure I though it was my original knife that I sent to you because its alittle dull but dont worry I can touch it up now that it won't get dull by just extracting it from the sheath. Thanks again.

If anyone wonders why I'm such a staunch supporter of Becker and KA-BAR, I think that Toooj's response to this problem pretty much explains it.

There may be customer service as good somewhere else, but I don't know where, and I doubt that there is better, anywhere in the industry.

Problem? Fixed.

Buy more Beckers.

Yes I consider myself lucky to have gotten the problem fixed quickly thanks to Paul at KaBar. If I had to guess Rat Cutlery is probaly the only manufacturer similiar to Kabar's. You guys probaly already heard me say this a dozen times but thank you Paul.

Yes I consider myself lucky to have gotten the problem fixed quickly thanks to Paul at KaBar. If I had to guess Rat Cutlery is probaly the only manufacturer similiar to Kabar's. You guys probaly already heard me say this a dozen times but thank you Paul.

Toooj gets the highest marks of anyone in the industry in my book, for the way he takes care of even the smallest problem, and does it quickly, too.

Yeah, ESEE (RAT) would be my guess, too. Sorry, other guys.

Pittrules,

The warehouse may have just replaced the sheath. I'll check.
After I write up the order, sometimes there is a.... "What we have here is a failure to comunicate" syndrome.
Quick, what movie is that from? And who spoke those words?
In any event, I hope your edge issue is taken care of.

Best Regards,

Paul Tsujimoto
Sr Eng.
Prod Dev and Qual
KA-BAR Knives

Pittrules,

The warehouse may have just replaced the sheath. I'll check.
After I write up the order, sometimes there is a.... "What we have here is a failure to comunicate" syndrome.
In any event, I hope your edge issue is taken care of.

Best Regards,

Paul Tsujimoto
Sr Eng.
Prod Dev and Qual
KA-BAR Knives

I somewhat have the edge issue taken care of but I am not a good sharpener so I have to keep trying.

I had one problem which was fixed promptly that I handled through the email process. I prefer that so as the whole world doesn't have to read about my concern. And I remember at least one phone call. The second issue was concerning a matter of preference that after a few emails I got some ideas on how to proceed and Paul made it all happen.

I can echo dawsonbob's sentiment here and say that these are exactly the issues why I have become such a diehard KA-BAR fan. And some here might get sick of me singing their praises. Well get over it because I am about to do it again. Many of the top companies are where they are because of their commitment to customer service. The department stores and super stores which rate the highest in surveys do so not because of their prices, but because of their service.

Sure, your Becker might have a slightly off center grind (mine does), or a gap large enough to fit a folfed dollar bill between the scale and tang, but it is built HERE, built pretty damn well, and priced below what I ever would have expected. And then they back it to the wall to boot.

Good job (BZ) KA-BAR Toooj and Becker Ethan! (yeah, broken record blah blah blah) :D

Hey Bridgeman do you find it harder to sharpen since the grind is alittle off? I will probaly try to find a profession sharpener to just fix it and problem solved but until then I was just wondering if you thought it was harder for you to sharpen.

Pittrules,"What we have here is a failure to comunicate" syndrome.

Paul,
The movie, Cool Hand Luke
Not sure who said it, but I know it wasn't Newman

Hey Bridgeman do you find it harder to sharpen since the grind is alittle off? I will probaly try to find a profession sharpener to just fix it and problem solved but until then I was just wondering if you thought it was harder for you to sharpen.

Not at all. I convexed mine with 220, 400 wet, 600 wet, and 2000 wet.
If you need to know how let me know.
Greg

Way to go Bridgeman.

Immortal words spoken by Strother Martin, who played "Captain", the prison boss.

Best Regards,

Paul Tsujimoto
Sr Eng.
Prod Dev and Qual
KA-BAR Knives

Paul,
The movie, Cool Hand Luke
Not sure who said it, but I know it wasn't Newman

Not at all. I convexed mine with 220, 400 wet, 600 wet, and 2000 wet.
If you need to know how let me know.
Greg

Oh I will just probaly try to find a professional sharpener even it out for me.

Back