Proof delica is a boss

Dallas T

Gold Member
Just something fun to post! Have a rabbit destroying the garden situation so my son and I took one out. I used his cricket rifle with a cci stinger, deck shot from 100 yds. Lol. Delica processed entire rabbit which was a dam big rabbit.. after all he was full of my vegetables. He will be roasted over a campfire within the next few nights. This delica is probably 5 yrs old and handled it like a boss, bones and all. Granted it’s not an elk or anything but definitely did well.
1f6d27ba-e53d-419c-937c-4f4573a8321d
https://imgur.com/a/9E61cAu

Last edited:
For all the flak the Delica gets for being plastic it does have full liners and fairly good steel, not super by any means, but it can sure hold it's own.

Shoot, why can't I see the pic? Great story, makes me miss the Delica/want one of the new M390 ones even more... :D

I’m working on the upload but having trouble with it, I’ll figure it out eventually. I agree hal but I can’t justify 15 dollars shipping for the m390 myself

The Delica is a great knife and one of my favorites (and I have used a lot of knives). The super steel VG-10, in the same class as CPM-154 and etc, holds an edge for a good while and yet is not too difficult to sharpen (unlike some other 'super steels'). It can be had in HAP-40, ZDP-189, M390, V-TOKU, Super Blue, Super Gold, and a lot of other super steels. It is very capable and truthfully, it is a better knife than many that cost twice or three times what the humble Delica does.

can there not be an easier picture posting option be available? Sometimes I can and sometimes not!

IMG-20190603-214551-610.jpg

I carry a ZDP-189 Delica constantly. It and its big brother the Endura are my all-time favorite carry knives.

The Spydiechef has commanded more pocket recently, but the Delica or Endura will always get the big cutting tasks. They just outperform everything and do it easily.

IMG-20190603-214551-610.jpg
I carry a ZDP-189 Delica constantly. It and its big brother the Endura are my all-time favorite carry knives.

The Spydiechef has commanded more pocket recently, but the Delica or Endura will always get the big cutting tasks. They just outperform everything and do it easily.

Is there a slight finger choil mod on that? I'm really hoping for a Delica 5 with a 50/50 choil instead of that wasted (imo) space. Like the Byrd Meadowlark, but a Delica.

The Delica rocks. It punches way above its size and the ZOME is one of my favorite knives. It falls between my ZDP DF and my V-Toku2 Endura and gets used at least as much as those two put together.
The jury is out on whether the new Endela will push the Delica aside. I doubt it but still look forward to getting the Endela.

H3fRVZ4.jpg

I have never seen the Delica take “flak”. The knife is ubiquitous. I would wager that 90% of knife guys started out with a Delica or a Mini Grip. I love the Delica.
Maybe not FLAK per se but on occasion some do bitch. Not too long ago, a sad sack claimed that 'the Delica is for women only.' He was a PITA in general and fortunately got banned in short order (for his general behaviour IIRC - not for dissing the awesome Delica).

Last edited:
Is there a slight finger choil mod on that? I'm really hoping for a Delica 5 with a 50/50 choil instead of that wasted (imo) space. Like the Byrd Meadowlark, but a Delica.
The scales are from @BOOMER52 here on the forums. The choil is cut into the handles. Requires a small modification to the liners, but no blade modification.

IMG-20190604-101903-677.jpg

20190604-133757.jpg

The Delica rocks. It punches way above its size and the ZOME is one of my favorite knives. It falls between my ZDP DF and my V-Toku2 Endura and gets used at least as much as those two put together.
The jury is out on whether the new Endela will push the Delica aside. I doubt it but still look forward to getting the Endela.

H3fRVZ4.jpg

Maybe not FLAK per se but on occasion some do bitch. Not too long ago, a sad sack claimed that 'the Delica is for women only.' He was a PITA in general and fortunately got banned in short order (for his general behaviour IIRC - not for dissing the awesome Delica).
I like that tip mod, who did it? Loose much blade length?

I like that tip mod, who did it? Loose much blade length?
Thx. I did. It's a easy job.
I was inspired by Janich's Delica mods but in the end didn't bob the Delica tip quite that much.
I like the blade shape far better than standard and every Delica I own gets this treatment.

Unless you have bear mitts you can rest your finger there just fine. I personally feel that a finger choil on a small knife is a useless abomination. If they end up with a finger choil, I’ll stop buying them.

Thanks op for the story now go get a sprint run and do up some elks!:D

Back