Photos Prototype Utility Shears

Received mine today. Holy Smokes - what a handful of awesome shears :thumbsup: I showed off to my wife
with great pleasure as I, with complete ease, cut through the entire mail order catalog that also arrived in the mail today. These shears didn't hesitate for a second cutting through the 82 pages. Later I pulled them off their new shop hook to cut something else and laughed out loud when I again realized the heft of these.

They are serious tool. :cool: No shop should be without! As Christmas stocking stuffers they could be perfect - if you have KEVLAR Christmas Stockings :rolleyes: :D

Cheers, Ray

Received mine today. Holy Smokes - what a handful of awesome shears :thumbsup: I showed off to my wife
with great pleasure as I, with complete ease, cut through the entire mail order catalog that also arrived in the mail today. These shears didn't hesitate for a second cutting through the 82 pages. Later I pulled them off their new shop hook to cut something else and laughed out loud when I again realized the heft of these.

They are serious tool. :cool: No shop should be without! As Christmas stocking stuffers they could be perfect - if you have KEVLAR Christmas Stockings :rolleyes: :D

Cheers, Ray
I received my two pairs yesterday and couldn't agree with you more Ray! They cost a lot up front but will last a couple of life times. You don't get this type of quality shears any longer. Thanks for taking a chance on producing these, much appreciated!;):)

Last edited:
Glad to do it! I was frustrated with most shears on the market being cheaply made and flimsy, and with vintage ones for being unreliable to find in good condition. Combined with the unique tip grind to make them nice and pointy/extra nimble, it seemed like the right thing to take a leap on.

FortyTwoBlades FortyTwoBlades I have to say these shears are great! One pair is out in the shop and handle just about everything I put in there way. The other is in the knife block and are used for everyday tasks, since we are putting in a bath downstairs, their role has become a lot more important, insulation, carpet and heavy duty floor protection. Nothing has been able to slow these down, I really want to Thank you for making these available they are worth their weight in gold!

Last edited:
Don't run with these :eek: They are very sharp - scary sharp, if you are accustomed to normal scissors - don't be casual with these. These are big - these are shears - these are sharp! :confused:

Love em too! :thumbsup:

Ray

These are excellent. They are crazy heavy duty and what you would use if you have to give God a hair cut. Stop thinking and buy these shears.

J John A. Larsen , I was a little worried about paying some much for a pair of shears, boy was I wrong! These scissors are worth it and more. Purchased another pair for my shop!;) I don’t believe you can do better!

Have to come back and repeat - THESE ARE AWESOME SHEARS. I use them for some purpose or other nearly every day in my woodworking shop. Cutting 1/16" solid ash today. Could have cut thicker ;) within reason :). They do everything I ask and I have yet to ask the impossible. Of course, one knows not to cut metal coat hangers or try to trim ceramic tile :confused: but you get my meaning. Every shop deserves great shears.

Ray

Have to come back and repeat - THESE ARE AWESOME SHEARS.
Ray

Let me join the choir and repeat: THESE ARE AWESOME SHEARS!!!

I just got mine today, and they are even better in real life than what I imagined they would be after looking at the pics and reading about them here.

Holidays are coming, and believe me, these would be great gifts for you, your family and friends.
You might think you don't need them, but once you held them, you will want to use them all the time!
They are that good!

Thanks FortyTwoBlades for making these happen! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:
Back