Purple! Because Ice cream has no bones!

Treat them ladies well, they put up with enough of our sh*t!
True story.

Saw my mom yesterday. She’s healing from a tumble she took last week. Staples come out of her head tomorrow but the sciatic issues still need to be addressed. The bruise will heal over time. Dad’s been taking care of her the best he can but he’s slowing down too. It’s difficult seeing her struggle with this. She’s always been a tough old gal. Hell, she didn’t sell her last motorcycle until she was 60 (used to ride with a “club” in Detroit back in the day). She’s in good spirits and we’re hoping she’s back to full speed soon.

For almost the 20th time, 47 trips around the sun so far.

My Moms is day after tomorrow and Mrs. Redmeadows is the 17th.

My sister's birthday is the 17th as well.

True story.

Saw my mom yesterday. She’s healing from a tumble she took last week. Staples come out of her head tomorrow but the sciatic issues still need to be addressed. The bruise will heal over time. Dad’s been taking care of her the best he can but he’s slowing down too. It’s difficult seeing her struggle with this. She’s always been a tough old gal. Hell, she didn’t sell her last motorcycle until she was 60 (used to ride with a “club” in Detroit back in the day). She’s in good spirits and we’re hoping she’s back to full speed soon.

Good ju-ju sent to momma L. ❤️

No sympathy needed, this story is purely anecdotal and an insight to my simple world. I had told someone the other day that "My life was exciting before it became enjoyable". The moment I said it I realized how true it was.

I must get philosophical when I'm dangerously dehydrated!

My little girl was just getting over the stomach flu and it was snowy/rainy on my Birthday so plans changed to hanging out and playing board games (I love me some Scrabble and Monopoly).

In the midst of Monopoly, the bug hit my boy in the projectile kind of way, thankfully the board was spared. I however was not. Later, my daughter would laugh and remind me that now both of them have thrown up all over me, (though her projectile assault could have been a damn Monty Python skit).

An hour or so later Mel joined the projectile group and I was spared of illness for the moment and the immediate caretaker of 3. It hit me the next morning and as of today I'm down 7 1/2 pounds but can stand up and walk now. Everyone else is back to normal and I have enough energy to get back to the Moonopoly board which I had painstakingly bagged up everyone's gear and recorded their spots. I'm like an old woman when it comes to puzzles and board games, I don't f*#& around!

Last edited:
Belated Happy Barfday John! 🤮

I hope you and the rest of the family feel better soon. That is a rough way to spend your birthday. I hope they will give you a rain check celebration on a nice warm sunny day.

Take care.

Phil

Sorry to hear of the 🤮, that sucks John.

Two of the kiddos' b-days bookending this week for us. With that, Mother's Day, and my MIL's b-day on Sunday, it's a busy week here! o_O

Hope everyone is enjoying my Birthday Mothers Day! Treat them ladies well, they put up with enough of our sh*t!

No sympathy needed, this story is purely anecdotal and an insight to my simple world. I had told someone the other day that "My life was exciting before it became enjoyable". The moment I said it I realized how true it was.

I must get philosophical when I'm dangerously dehydrated!

My little girl was just getting over the stomach flu and it was snowy/rainy on my Birthday so plans changed to hanging out and playing board games (I love me some Scrabble and Monopoly).

In the midst of Monopoly, the bug hit my boy in the projectile kind of way, thankfully the board was spared. I however was not. Later, my daughter would laugh and remind me that now both of them have thrown up all over me, (though her projectile assault could have been a damn Monty Python skit).

An hour or so later Mel joined the projectile group and I was spared of illness for the moment and the immediate caretaker of 3. It hit me the next morning and as of today I'm down 7 1/2 pounds but can stand up and walk now. Everyone else is back to normal and I have enough energy to get back to the Moonopoly board which I had painstakingly bagged up everyone's gear and recorded their spots. I'm like an old woman when it comes to puzzles and board games, I don't f*#& around!
Well damn, I'm late, been down camping in SE Oklahoma, so a BIG belated Birthday Mr. Conners!
Hated to hear you got ill on this momentous occasion, but it's probably one you wouldn't forget soon!

Best wishes to you and yours!! (Was it Columbus you were born?)

Well damn, I'm late, been down camping in SE Oklahoma, so a BIG belated Birthday Mr. Conners!
Hated to hear you got ill on this momentous occasion, but it's probably one you wouldn't forget soon!

Best wishes to you and yours!! (Was it Columbus you were born?)
Thanks Dennis! We're in good camping weather here, we need to get out. It was Springfield. We lived in the big city of Mutual at the time.

Thanks Dennis! We're in good camping weather here, we need to get out. It was Springfield. We lived in the big city of Mutual at the time.
Ah, i knew it was up there somewhere. I was born in Whitehall where my dad got stationed after returning from Vietnam. 👍👍

True story.

I hope things are going well for your Mom and she's getting back to full speed.

Speaking of motorcycle clubs, I had a Great Aunt that rode in the late 40's and 50's in Indiana with a club. She was rough but was the most caring woman you ever met. Most of her body was scar tissue from when she caught herself on fire from a cigar vs. spilled gas accident while she was filling up her bike. She was a bull in a China shop, an amazing lady to be around. She owned the road and whatever was around her no matter where she was. I miss people like that, I don't know many any more.

I hope things are going well for your Mom and she's getting back to full speed.

Speaking of motorcycle clubs, I had a Great Aunt that rode in the late 40's and 50's in Indiana with a club. She was rough but was the most caring woman you ever met. Most of her body was scar tissue from when she caught herself on fire from a cigar vs. spilled gas accident while she was filling up her bike. She was a bull in a China shop, an amazing lady to be around. She owned the road and whatever was around her no matter where she was. I miss people like that, I don't know many any more.

Thanks for the good thoughts, John. Mom’s doing OK; well enough to say getting the staples out was worse than having them put in and she wanted to punch out the doc. That’s just a glimpse of how she handled a set of twins. She’s still got a bruise the size of a football and she’s still having a problem with her sciatic, but she’s getting around better.

Mom always told the story that she wasn’t heavy enough to kick start some bikes. Once someone reached over and gave it a kick, she was good to go, and never stalled it. This would have been mid to late 50s. When my brother and I started riding, she couldn’t give us the typical NO. In fact, when I bought my Triumph, she couldn’t wait for a ride.

More bocote going home this week.
HkvDRyV.jpg

Back