Putting the BK2 to the test, so you don't have to...

That looks like the kind of tests they perform at knifetests.com. I'd hate to see them break a BK2 but I am definitely intrigued as to what the extent of punishment is that it can take.

I cringed, I laughed, I smiled. I have never been more proud to own one of these. Thanks for showing us what it can do with all those photos!

Wow! Holy mother of pearl! That knife IS a tank. What did you use to give it the spa treatment after each mele? A belt sander?

Thanks for all of the comments. At this point I think I feel more guilty for doubting the knife's potential than for what I actually put it through. I think Flexxx said it best on the first page:

It can take everything you can throw at it....

I believe it.

Wow! Holy mother of pearl! That knife IS a tank. What did you use to give it the spa treatment after each mele? A belt sander?

Yep. I would not have done these tests if I didn't have a belt grinder. I can't imagine how long it would have taken to fix the edge by hand.

I will probably do one more set of tests and then retire the knife from use on anything non-wood, the bK2 deserves at least that.

I will probably do one more set of tests and then retire the knife from use on anything non-wood, the bK2 deserves at least that.

Damn Bro, if that knife ever does break, it deserves a burial at Arlington with full military honors!
Steve_the_Guard_by_KetsuekiRyu.gif

I sanded off the coating on most of the blade, I left the coating at the top of the Sabre grind where the BK&T KABAR is stamped. It is basically a half-satin finish.

I opened this thread half-expecting to see more damage(you work quickly:)). I was wondering why you didn't remove the rest of the coating. Do you plan to after the next round of destruction?

I don't know if I will or not, I kinda like how it looks with some coating left on. If it had not been raining all day you would have seen more damage. :D

Dude, I love this thread. It's sort of like 2 girls 1 cup (don't know it? DO NOT google it, you'll be better off not knowing what this is about) or goatse. It's horrible, it hurts you a little bit, you probably want to throw up, but you just can't look away.

Keep on going, there's plenty of BK2 left!

--

maethor

I'm actualy starting to feel bad for your knife (LOL)

Nice job fixin' though.

Me thinks Ethan gonna' like this thread a lot too.

People can praise and preach about the modern day "super steels" all that they want, but 1095 gives me all I want and always comes back for more.

After reading this post, it makes me feel like a good father to my BK9, when I am just using it to baton with thru a piece of hardwood.

i guess some dads like to watch there kid play soccer some dads like to watch there kid play football

and there there are some dads that like to watch there kids backyard wrestle :thumbup:
Superkick.jpg

Thanks for the tests..I hate to see a good knife beaten, but I have to admit, I am strangely wondering how far it can go?? Honestly, my favorite knife.
Best survival knife ever made, price points and putting it to good use points.
I just couldn't believe it cut up that old lawn mower like that!! WOW.

Back