Attention Q and A re: the BF Spring Street Barlow!! Read carefully!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not gonna lie. I’m pretty bummed I seem to have missed the payment window. Keeping my fingers crossed I can figure a way to get a knife this year.

Joe
...as are many of us that thought saying we were in for one would get us one.

I haven't given up hope yet. I'm on some kind of a list...

All 500 knives old out in under 24 hours, so nobody will be getting a 2nd one. A very small few knives were held back for long-time Bladeforum members who may have missed their chance. The mad rush of GEC enthusiasts and new members bought out all the knives this year. Usually you have 3-5 days to order a BF knife, so this is a first for everybody to have them sell out so quickly.
Wish this could have been better monitored.

People driving up their post count to order a knife just because it's a GEC sucks...

We only had about a dozen (or so) people drive up their post count by spamming the forum... They sold 500 knives!!!
The spammers are of little consequence. I bet there are at LEAST a hundred people that bought knives that don't meet the requirements.

Hd1lj1D.jpg
Wow, It doesn’t get much better than this. GEC has raised the bar again. The hemlock color and bolsters push this one over the top. My preference for a more pronounced sawcut quickly diminished upon seeing this picture.

All 500 knives old out in under 24 hours, so nobody will be getting a 2nd one. A very small few knives were held back for long-time Bladeforum members who may have missed their chance. The mad rush of GEC enthusiasts and new members bought out all the knives this year. Usually you have 3-5 days to order a BF knife, so this is a first for everybody to have them sell out so quickly.
Thanks

And we saved money by not paying for a blade delete.

you know i tell Bill that every year that I visit. Im glad its sinking in more. Although he did joke that Id probably have my 86s deleted by the time I left the rendezvous this year.

Sadly, there will likely be a lot of these knives available within the first 60 days after they are sent out, if you are willing to pay secondary pricing. That's my opinion, pure speculation.

I believe you are right and it's due to the current GEC craze. Very upsetting to the members who just want a forum knife for use or a keepsake...

I'll never pay the prices they are asking for any GEC knife on the secondary market. I would stop buying most folders if I could make my own, but I am just starting to produce acceptable fixed blades...

Sadly, there will likely be a lot of these knives available within the first 60 days after they are sent out, if you are willing to pay secondary pricing. That's my opinion, pure speculation.
Define a lot. If people were to get two I would agree with you at 1 a piece my opinion is that there be far fewer moved than you think.

I say it every year...
But we should have Victorinox Cadets, in their yearly exclusive color, and have it engraved on the cover "The Porch 2022"... Done!
I’d be up for pretty much any model we could get, wonder if we could have it in alox and blade forum blue….

Well, I’m officially disappointed I opted out this year. That turned out exactly how I would have liked. Haha.

You guys threw this guy off with your “hemlock green” talk. Haha. Just wow, you folks are getting a beautiful BF knife. 😁

Is changing my mind allowed? Haha.
It is going to be absolutely stunning.

Edit: for clarity

Last edited:
These are turning out to be stunning! How long did it take for the 2019 GEC BF knife to sell out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back