Attention Q and A re: the BF Spring Street Barlow!! Read carefully!

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are turning out to be stunning! How long did it take for the 2019 GEC BF knife to sell out?
The ordering process for the 2019 knife was totally different. We received a private message in our in box with a code and we then made our ordered. I opted for 1, which I regret now. I wanted 2 of the 2021 knives, but count myself lucky to have scored 1. There was a “commit” thread for members to note the number of knives they wanted before production started. Down side of that is the number requested was ordered but some reneged on their commitment. Damned if we do and damned if we don’t.

I'da been fine with green. I like a good blood red too though.

All 500 knives old out in under 24 hours, so nobody will be getting a 2nd one. A very small few knives were held back for long-time Bladeforum members who may have missed their chance. The mad rush of GEC enthusiasts and new members bought out all the knives this year. Usually you have 3-5 days to order a BF knife, so this is a first for everybody to have them sell out so quickly.
As far as I can understand, some were hold back (exclusively?) for non-US forum members too.

I have a question, why did so many people vote against red handle covers but voted for hemlock which is obviously red?

Red and brown were neck and neck. So were hemlock and copperhead. Either vote could have gone either way, and, in the end we wound up with something that seemed to appeal to many brown AND red voters.

The color question was pretty thoroughly hashed out in the polling thread. It would be interesting to go back through that. I’ve always seen GECs hemlock as red, but many more brownish examples of hemlock 66s were posted.

I’m excited to see everyone’s finished examples, and look for the varieties of red, green, brown, and black!

Last edited:
I have a question, why did so many people vote against red handle covers but voted for hemlock which is obviously red?
Because, all of the red voters voted for hemlock. Then the other color voters go there too, and this gives red the majority. Then then brown voters get split between 4 or 5 browns.

That's why I made the inevitable comment above. It's a little sketchy that hemlock was considered brown in the first place.

That being said I think these are awesome. The difference too me was having to pick between two winners so I'm good. I just knew it was going to be more red than brown.

Because, all of the red voters voted for hemlock. Then the other color voters go there too, and this gives red the majority. Then then brown voters get split between 4 or 5 browns.

That's why I made the inevitable comment above. It's a little sketchy that hemlock was considered brown in the first place.

That being said I think these are awesome. The difference too me was having to pick between two winners so I'm good. I just knew it was going to be more red than brown.
waynorth waynorth knew what he was doing haha. He knew we couldn’t resist the choice of hemlock. He was right, and they are going to be amazing.

How I picture what most of you look like. ;)

q3nY0YN.jpg
20170421_123531 (1).jpegThis Is me at work, 6 daze a week, 7am to 7pm, plus call outs for roadside truck repairs, cant always get to look at posts, got a Pay Pal receipt for the BF 2021 knife though!

why did so many people vote against red handle covers but voted for hemlock which is obviously red?
Because people were afraid that if red had won, we would have ended up with something that looked more pink. Brown was a safer choice than red.
Hemlock gave the red voters something to like, and the anti-pink voters were reasonably certain it would be a darker shade of red.
Red voters + Anti-Pink voters > Brown Voters... so I think the majority are very happy.

In the end wouldn't we have been happy with any color? It'll grow on people you dislike it now and the people who love it will wonder what if... In the end everyone who gets one will be over the moon.
There are a bunch of grown people on here that are afraid of pink. So no.

Me personally once we arrived at saw cut bone it was a winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back