Quit taking the handles off ESEE knives

one quick point... if people weren't intentionally abusing the awesome warranty offered by esee we wouldn't see emails asking "if i break my esee-X can I have it replaced by esee-Y?" or, "your knives are the best because it took a million throws into a tree before they finally broke."

i think an overwhelming majority of esee owners, and people in general, are good-hearted. but there are always those out there who aren't... the original post was asking people to not take apart their knives if not necessary because of the risk of stripping screws (which apparently is happening frequently). i don't think that's so much to ask.

I took the handles off my ESEE lite machete. When I put them back on I added some 5 ton epoxy to seal the handle from getting anything underneath the scales. I used the epoxy to lock the screws down for good as well. Being a mechanic I know better than to strip screws.

The point is they can be cleaned (even blood) without removing them. The reason we make them removable is for people who want to do custom handles, not for people to just remove them every day and clean them with a microscope and tweezers.

This is not joke. My 5 was maroon from blood. I washed it in hot water and it looks as good as new.

Hey Jeff, I've kinda stripped my screws, can you help??:eek:

OsageRC3001.jpg

That is very nice! What kind of wood is that?

Bruceter

Here's a link for all the dumbasses that can't tighten a screw without stripping it.

Chicago Screws

Buy your own replacement screws and quit bugging Jeff and Mike with these stupid warranty "claims"

They even offer stainless and brass versions for all people that are so scared of rust.

I probably own more ESEE knives than anyone here and I can't ever see myself sending in a knife for a warranty issue.

If I buy one and it falls out of the package in two pieces, then I might call Jeff. Other than that, if any of my knives fail, I can guarantee I was doing something I shouldn't have been doing with the knife and the failure of the knife will be chalked up to my own stupidity.

....somebody needs a nap.....

No nap needed. Just need to get rid of these idiots that think they should get something for free when they are the cause of the problem.

On a side note rayban, those scales on your 3 are awesome. Great job!!!!!

Screws are ware and tear items unless they just fall out. If you take them out and cannot find them or screw them in like an ape with a tool kit, Take some time to think what if every customer was like me. Thats why stupidity is the father of suffering.

too many people worried about making their knives look nice and perfect for photo shoots, instead of just going out hiking and using their knives.

THANKYOU.

It's a tool, take care of it, but don't baby it.

No nap needed. Just need to get rid of these idiots that think they should get something for free when they are the cause of the problem.

On a side note rayban, those scales on your 3 are awesome. Great job!!!!!

Thanks;)

Those are some strong words friend. I am not ashamed to say I stripped a screw on my lite machete. I had good reason for it though, my handles were loose, loose enough that no amount of tightening seemed to fix the problem. It would help though, and so I just kept tightening and finally it dethreaded. But to say I am an idiot because of this reeks of rightous indignation. I did not expect them to pay for the screws, or replace my machete. They did however send me a new one, machete that is, for which I am very grateful. You make points earlier that you wouldn't send a knife back unless it was completely destroyed before you recieve it. Perhaps that's just your approach, but I feel I pay a decent amount for this product so it had better be pretty damn good. Of course I could have put some filler in the handle to fix the problem, but I feel it is my obligation to tell them when a product is defective. If you deem it neccessary to fault me for that, go right ahead, but don't assume such problems can be caused soley by idiots.

Those are some strong words friend. I am not ashamed to say I stripped a screw on my lite machete. I had good reason for it though, my handles were loose, loose enough that no amount of tightening seemed to fix the problem. It would help though, and so I just kept tightening and finally it dethreaded. But to say I am an idiot because of this reeks of rightous indignation. I did not expect them to pay for the screws, or replace my machete. They did however send me a new one, machete that is, for which I am very grateful. You make points earlier that you wouldn't send a knife back unless it was completely destroyed before you recieve it. Perhaps that's just your approach, but I feel I pay a decent amount for this product so it had better be pretty damn good. Of course I could have put some filler in the handle to fix the problem, but I feel it is my obligation to tell them when a product is defective. If you deem it neccessary to fault me for that, go right ahead, but don't assume such problems can be caused soley by idiots.

If a handle is loose then it needs tightening. I see no dumbassery there. What we would really like though is to see the problem if simple tightening does not fix it, and we will be more than happy to pay for the shipping back to us. Point is when you tighten something so much and it's still loose then somehow there is a defect and we need to find out about that and fix it.

Just had some commo with Shon and he started checking machetes and found that some went out with loose handles because the tang thickness on this last batch from Imacasa is not consistent. So, if you have a Lite Machete with loose handles then let us know and we will fix it. Sorry for this and there are only a few that went out that way because we just started to handle this new batch of blades. The issue has been fixed though.

If a handle is loose then it needs tightening. I see no dumbassery there. What we would really like though is to see the problem if simple tightening does not fix it, and we will be more than happy to pay for the shipping back to us. Point is when you tighten something so much and it's still loose then somehow there is a defect and we need to find out about that and fix it.

I said as much in that post buddy. Handle was lose regardless of tightening, though the tightening did help, so I just kept tightening. I just shipped it today, with the stripped housing.

Back