Random Thought Thread

I may just have to send you my MC to try out. To help your dreams come along a little faster....:D

And I rest my case ... enablers ... all of you !!! lol ... I think I would probably fall in love with it like I have my other CPKs ... other than a handlful of fixed blades they have been what I reach for most erverytime ...

I love the knives ... this subforum and the people here ... so glad I fell into it ... I usually don't get overly anxious over much but I am following just has my mouth watering waiting to see that FK 2.0 and the DEK ... oh hell who am I kidding I'm just ready to see whatever the team offers us next ... :p

History question - how many of the field knives were made with the delta heat-treat protocol? Mine wasn't, so I was curious.

@bladeflana

Regarding your WTB post, per one of Nathan’s past posts no CPK pattern leaving Nathan’s workshop is technically brand new because Nathan had stated that every knife gets edge tested before being shipped out and IIRC, shaving arm hair is one of those edge tests that all CPKs go through.

I just wanted you to be aware of this because of the condition which you had imposed on your assumed definition of CPK new.

I want to see some action! My volume was turned down, but at least I could watch some wood chopping. Nope, just a knife, a block of wood and some WD40. I don't even wanna know what was said anymore!

I want to see some action! My volume was turned down, but at least I could watch some wood chopping. Nope, just a knife, a block of wood and some WD40. I don't even wanna know what was said anymore!
The humor is in his words, thoughts on knives, backwards handles, wd40...
It is Hilarious.

Nope, only Cliffs “tips” on wood chopping.
Humor.
Actually, I think sarcasm would be a more accurate term for it.

Cliff's got many good videos reviewing various blades, while actually chopping, where he examines the geometry, ergonomics, balance, heft, even heat treat, and how they affect the performance of the knives/choppers he's reviewing.

He just got sick of the clueless types talking about, 'in their opinion', with no regard for any of the actual scientific metrics that determine performance, and made that parody video.

Last edited:
Back