Random Thought Thread

OK, I found the nut job but looks like he's trashing an older Shiro Tabargan vs a Millie in this video:

On his channel he trashes many folders (there's an Umnumzaan trashing video too). Anyway, my Russian is not good but I'm sure that Bob can drop in to translate for us nincompoops, if he wishes to :p ;) :D

I don't know what language the dude was speaking,* but the CC was in German. Ja?

*Russian? German? Lower Slobovian?

Das ist richtig.

Richtig? Ja, he was a knife maker a long time ago. Frank Richtig.

6dc21666f14ad949566cb75520df5b88.jpg

I used to be married to a German (a female for those who really ought to know!) but before that, I was married to an English girl. These two nationalities; they're literally near cousins!

I used to be married to a German (a female for those who really ought to know!) but before that, I was married to an English girl. These two nationalities; they're literally near cousins!

They are closer than most people think. The Jutes, Saxons and Angles were Germanic tribes. They invaded the British Isles and eventually took over. Ja, is true.

Shiros make for excellent steak knives. I like them, Matt, I truely do. I carry one at work everyday. I do not baby them in the least. Some of my usage I am sure you would consider abusive. That said, that type of use has lead to issues in them when it has not in others. No, I am not referring to overbuilds like the Medfords either. They are very nice, well made knives, but they are certainly not any stronger than the average folder out there. Just my experience.

I hope Nathan goes his own course, or at least works with Lorien on some of that unfinished greatness that I am sure he was working on with Bruce. A CPK version of a Roundhouse would be a helluva thing, and it would have a flipper tab, dammit Nathan!

Lastly, you know Betzner will never sign off on a CPK with Russian DNA, so it ain't happenin'.

fun fact: when I first approached Nathan and asked him if he thought I'd be someone he could work with, it was with a folder design in hand, (actually not dissimilar from what I see taking shape!). That was a few years ago now, but you can bet your ass that I'm working on an exclusive CPK folder pattern for that point in the future where you'll see multiple patterns of folders coming out of the CPK laboratory!

fun fact: when I first approached Nathan and asked him if he thought I'd be someone he could work with, it was with a folder design in hand, (actually not dissimilar from what I see taking shape!). That was a few years ago now, but you can bet your ass that I'm working on an exclusive CPK folder pattern for that point in the future where you'll see multiple patterns of folders coming out of the CPK laboratory!
I like what I am hearing......

Back