Random Thought Thread

If all the proxies are covered and there's no issue of taking away from those that still don't have, I wonder if it's cool for those who have already scored a FK to go for another today.

It's fine by me. Depending on the turn out today this could be the last of them for a little while...

If all the proxies are covered and there's no issue of taking away from those that still don't have, I wonder if it's cool for those who have already scored a FK to go for another today.

That's what I will be doing. By my account some of our good folks already possess 3-4 of these so going for seconds will not be considered in bad form.

ETA: I see that Nathan has already blessed and addressed the potential multiple UFK ownership vs guilt factor issues :thumbsup:

It's such a cute little thing. That pointy nub on the back gets in the way though. ;)

KDEkT4u_d.jpg

That's what I will be doing. By my account some of our good folks already possess 3-4 of these so going for seconds will not be considered in bad form.

ETA: I see that Nathan has already blessed and addressed the potential multiple UFK ownership vs guilt factor issues :thumbsup:

But some of us have been waiting for this $h!t to slow down so we could get our first... ;) Hopefully it's like that old chip commercial, and Nathan will make more. :)

But some of us have been waiting for this $h!t to slow down so we could get our first... ;) Hopefully it's like that old chip commercial, and Nathan will make more. :)
Yeah I don't understand owning more than 2 of the exact same knife. I get having one to use and one to keep safe, but 3 or more just sitting around doesn't make sense to me and diminishes the chance for other people who just want one to acquire it

We have more in process. Just not heat treated yet. They are coming, promise.

I admittedly haven't been in a hurry to get one, just so long as I can eventually get one...

Yeah I don't understand owning more than 2 of the exact same knife. I get having one to use and one to keep safe, but 3 or more just sitting around doesn't make sense to me and diminishes the chance for other people who just want one to acquire it

It very much reminds me of the earlier Busse days all over again.

I get extras to give to my dad and other people who will never in a million years come on here and buy one. But how is there a meaningful difference between having one to keep safe and having 100 to keep safe? The reasons why someone would own but not use one knife are the same reasons why someone would own but not use more than one...also, my dad still hasn't gotten back from picking up cigarettes so I haven't actually given him his knives yet. I miss you dad.

I get extras to give to my dad and other people who will never in a million years come on here and buy one. But how is there a meaningful difference between having one to keep safe and having 100 to keep safe? The reasons why someone would own but not use one knife are the same reasons why someone would own but not use more than one...also, my dad still hasn't gotten back from picking up cigarettes so I haven't actually given him his knives yet. I miss you dad.
If you can't see the difference between having one to keep pristine and enjoy looking at now and again versus hoarding 100, I don't know what to tell you.

Back