Random Thought Thread

Speaking of that, a long while back someone was planning to test some Tero scales during hunting season. I never saw a report...was that you by chance Hard Knocks Hard Knocks ?

Hi Mark. I've been using the HDFK on turkey and the FK2 on bear, both in terotuf. All I can say is, so far, so good. The scales haven't held any deep bloodstains and seem to clean up good. They dry out fast and don't seem overly absorptive. And we all know the TT grip is great.

However, I do not use those blades for food prep, so my style might be an exception, and I would defer to Nathan's advice for the sake of caution to anyone wanting double duty out of their blades. I'm going to continue using it unless I find a reason to change, as I'll take all the traction I can get dealing with greasy fall bear. If anyone gets hurt during the hunt 99% of the time it's when the knives come out.

Hi Mark. I've been using the HDFK on turkey and the FK2 on bear, both in terotuf. All I can say is, so far, so good. The scales haven't held any deep bloodstains and seem to clean up good. They dry out fast and don't seem overly absorptive. And we all know the TT grip is great.

However, I do not use those blades for food prep, so my style might be an exception, and I would defer to Nathan's advice for the sake of caution to anyone wanting double duty out of their blades. I'm going to continue using it unless I find a reason to change, as I'll take all the traction I can get dealing with greasy fall bear. If anyone gets hurt during the hunt 99% of the time it's when the knives come out.

Very good! Thx for the feedback. HDFK on turkey is a surprise!

HDFK on turkey is a surprise!

Works great!

LO3v07j.jpg

It would be awesome if we could buy additional sheaths with knives for those of us who use different carry methods with the same knife.

That way, all I have to do is move the knife rather than undo a bunch of screws.

Also, would be nice to be able to option sheaths. Tek-lok is great, but many times, I like my knife to ride lower, or iwb for example.

I'd buy 2x additional sheaths, even if they didn't have any accessories, just so I could have a tek-lok, loop, and iwb setup.

It would be awesome if we could buy additional sheaths with knives for those of us who use different carry methods with the same knife.

That way, all I have to do is move the knife rather than undo a bunch of screws.

Also, would be nice to be able to option sheaths. Tek-lok is great, but many times, I like my knife to ride lower, or iwb for example.

I'd buy 2x additional sheaths, even if they didn't have any accessories, just so I could have a tek-lok, loop, and iwb setup.
You can buy sheaths separately if they are in stock.

Oh I love it when there are deer in the yard! I'm even considering cutting down one of the small hickory trees so I have some good wood to smoke them with.

Post pix:

That's a true kill & grill. Only way to do it more better would be to build a bushcrafty grill out of natural materials found in the grilling location.

But hey, not a challenge or anything. At. All.

Anyone ever think about the idea of commissioning micarta using money as the solid substrate?

It would be an odd blend of linen and paper.
Seeing as the paper used for US currency does have a high rag content: I've heard of rags to riches, but I thought it was mostly athletes and entertainment industry folks who go from riches to rags?

I'd think it would be more practical to just print the image over the finished product.

Back