Random Thought Thread

Fk received sweet new lighting tats yesterday courtesy of a staple that went askew inside the end of a 2x8.

hLs65vi.jpg

Must be Harry Potter's blade:D

Three things to add after months of too busy to participate.
One: I always loved working with my hands. So has the rest of my family. My grandfather recently built and gifted me this hand made clock because my daughter loves clocks at 3 years old. Until I hung it I had no clue he actually has these branded...he's in his 80s and I have several pieces made by him that won't ever leave the house.

Two: I've fallen down the rabbit hole of car modification again. Something I've always loved. Even if it's more reserved these days than other hobbies. My recent credit card bill came due and it struck me that I haven't changed much since I was 16. Just a bit more money to play with these days.

So happy to be a 16 year old 30 something. Stay true!

Lastly, leather sewing machines are damn expensive...

Edit-removed some banking figures haha...

Last edited:
Three things to add after months of too busy to participate.
One: I always loved working with my hands. So has the rest of my family. My grandfather recently built and gifted me this hand made clock because my daughter loves clocks at 3 years old. Until I hung it I had no clue he actually has these branded...he's in his 80s and I have several pieces made by him that won't ever leave the house.

Two: I've fallen down the rabbit hole of car modification again. Something I've always loved. Even if it's more reserved these days than other hobbies. My recent credit card bill came due and it struck me that I haven't changed much since I was 16. Just a bit more money to play with these days.

So happy to be a 16 year old 30 something. Stay true!

Lastly, leather sewing machines are damn expensive...

Edit-removed some banking figures haha...

Really cool about the clock. Also, your username makes so much more sense (to me) now :)

I did the plastic product design on the Cook Hemospray a few years ago.

View attachment 1550446

Not that complicated looking, but you know how complicated the details get on an injection molded product. When it was done I had one of the engineers on the client side complain to me because I'd modeled it using surfaces and their best practices said I should have done the job with solid modeling so that anyone could easily edit it. He thought that a plastic product design should be something that anyone could easily edit. Never mind the fact you couldn't really duplicate the industrial design the stylist had created with just solids. The limitations of pure solid modeling would then dictate a somewhat crude and simplified design. This guy thought it was reasonable that their product should be dumbed down until it was something that could be edited by anyone and modeled without surfacing. Because their best practices said so. Can you imagine what the world would look like if none of the plastic products were modeled with surfacing? I just shake my head.

This "spray" threatens my masculinity:oops:

So I’ve been bit by the watch bug and am beginning to have concerns that it will detract from my knife addiction. To avoid such shame, I am limiting myself to one more watch... this year. So I need to make it a good one. Anyone have experience with Luminox vs Marathon Watches? Specifically their automatic lines?

“What your watch brand says about you”

Thanks man, now I'm going to be self conscious about my watch for the rest of my life! Lol that's an awesome list. I couldn't help but look up pretty much every watch I've ever owned. I'm a geek, nerd, and wanna-be operator with a WWII obsession. Just gotta get me some mall cop and I will be complete.

StoneAndSteel StoneAndSteel don't do it bröther, don't fall into watches rabbit hole.

I thought that I might be able to get out of the knife rabbit hole for a minute, but I'm still a daily lurker of the Exchange. IT. WILL. NEVER. END.

So I’ve been bit by the watch bug and am beginning to have concerns that it will detract from my knife addiction. To avoid such shame, I am limiting myself to one more watch... this year. So I need to make it a good one. Anyone have experience with Luminox vs Marathon Watches? Specifically their automatic lines?
Are you looking for a military watch specifically? The automatic movements in luminox and marathon are not the best. I agree with the seamaster! Yes its quite a bit more expensive but they hold their value better. If you are a vet the exchange has great prices on omegas and no tax. The seamaster goes on sale twice a year for about 3400 to your door.

Back