Random Thought Thread

Thanks for the weird stories fellas.. I find them incredibly interesting. I've got a few, but I'll rattle off a quick one since I posed the question:

When I lived out in the country, I got very used to the roads/route that left from my house to the highway. One inevitably begins to learn the road so well that you tend to speed (at least I did). So one night I'm driving to get to the main highway so I can go to the grocery store and it starts to rain as I'm making my way. There wasn't a lot of dangerous bends in the road, just a few gradual windey slopes... a so I was probably going about 50mph.

Out of nowhere, I get this voice in my head that "if a deer jumped out in front of you, you wouldn't have enough reaction time.. don't forget the road is wet". As foolish as it sounds - it wasn't me talking to myself. Up until that point I had never seen a deer on that road though I had seen them off the highway.

Anyways, the moment that voice hit my head with the warning I let off the gas completely, I was kind of confused so I let the car slow to a crawl.. as the car got done to about 20mph I noticed a spooky looking figure "hunched" off on the side of the road in the rain. I came to a complete stop and the figure unfolded itself and casually, slowly, walked in front of my car (I had come to a complete stop at that point) - it was a deer.. damn thing walked in front of my car as cool as a cucumber and stared at me like "that wasn't supposed to happen, I was supposed to kill you". Then it casually and slowly walked off.. definitely wasn't any "deer blinded by the headlights" type of deal.

To this day I still believe that deer would have killed me had I not been warned. I wouldn't have had enough reaction time, everything was wet.. would have clipped that sucker and veered off the road and drove straight into the trees. The whole episode was spooky as shit, as was the perfection of the timing. Damn thing look at me like he was angry he didn't get me.
Was it a matter deer?

I think “terribly corny” was a little harsh. “Corny” would have been sufficient.
Despite the harshness, and the fact that this is no longer random, I’ve got a story relayed from a coworker years ago. This does have something to do with religion and I hope not to offend anybody.
So this coworker was in his early 20’s and by his own admission was not living a good life. He and his friends were getting completely hammered all night every night. Toking the reefer all day and night. One night they are at it again, lots of whiskey and pot. He wanders away from the group to go relieve himself on a bush. While peeing he sees a demon reaching for his soul. He can see it pulling on his soul - trying to pull it out of him. He’s so disturbed, he just turns and runs. Runs all the way home (close to five miles) and spends the rest of the night scared and doesn’t sleep. The next morning he went and got born again. Sober from that day on.
It was at this point he told me they had also tried LSD that night. I asked if he understood it was a hallucinogen. He told me the Lord works in mysterious ways.

I think “terribly corny” was a little harsh. “Corny” would have been sufficient.
You, good sir, shall henceforth be known far and wide as "Cap'n Crunch"!!! 🥳

original-crunch.png

Anyone else exercise or train regularly? Could be strength training, cardio, whatever. Just curious if there's anyone else out there.
I did until July 31st when I unceremoniously slashed two of my fingers open requiring numerous stitches.

Now I get all of my exercise sitting on my ass and typing on my laptop. (For which I beg forgiveness from all of you.)

Anyone else exercise or train regularly? Could be strength training, cardio, whatever. Just curious if there's anyone else out there.
I train irregularly. Fits and starts. I tried running last year. Went from hardly able to run a mile before stopping to 14 miles before stopping. Then winter hit, I quit and haven’t run much this year. Sometimes I get into lifting for a few weeks in a row. And then stop. Better than nothing I guess.

I train irregularly. Fits and starts. I tried running last year. Went from hardly able to run a mile before stopping to 14 miles before stopping. Then winter hit, I quit and haven’t run much this year. Sometimes I get into lifting for a few weeks in a row. And then stop. Better than nothing I guess.
14 miles is quite an accomplishment. I haven't run in years but even when I did I found that a 10K was the most I could handle before I lost my mind from boredom.

Mostly I workout with dumbbells, sandbags and kettlebells and augment with a Concept2 rower for the dedicated cardio...but for now it's down to walking.

Oh hell yeah. I knew it. I was running and etc several times a week before my foot surgery in March. I’m back up to 1.5-3 miles maybe twice a week and have just been trying for time instead of distance. Main thing besides dumbbells and body weight is this water rower. It seems gimmicky but that thing has been my new best friend. 2x30min and 2x60min sessions a week, usually. I just watch movies while I row.

Cap’n Smudge Cap’n Smudge Dude, 14mi is a lot.

B bluemax_1 That is awesome. Do you have any special goal you’re going for?

Back