Random Thought Thread

B bluemax_1 That is awesome. Do you have any special goal you’re going for?
Had some issues and had to stop lifting. Missed the strength I used to have once upon a time, after losing a lot of muscle.

Trying to see how close I can get back to my peak strength (wasn't exactly a beast, but a lot stronger than I have been the last 10-15 years).

Initially added more injuries by being waaaayyyy too gung-ho getting back into it before finally conceding, "Hey dumbass, 20 was a long time ago. Quit with the "I used to be able to..." shit and accept reality" 😂

Slowed down and finally began making consistent progress, while rehabbing/PTing injuries I picked up over the years/decades. It never goes as quickly as we'd like, but progress is progress.

I'm also stubborn (and dumb. Did I mention dumb? 😂), so I'm trying to see how far I can get natty without any TRT etc. I'm taking the fact that I'm making slow but steady progress as encouragement.

I think “terribly corny” was a little harsh. “Corny” would have been sufficient.
Despite the harshness, and the fact that this is no longer random, I’ve got a story relayed from a coworker years ago. This does have something to do with religion and I hope not to offend anybody.
So this coworker was in his early 20’s and by his own admission was not living a good life. He and his friends were getting completely hammered all night every night. Toking the reefer all day and night. One night they are at it again, lots of whiskey and pot. He wanders away from the group to go relieve himself on a bush. While peeing he sees a demon reaching for his soul. He can see it pulling on his soul - trying to pull it out of him. He’s so disturbed, he just turns and runs. Runs all the way home (close to five miles) and spends the rest of the night scared and doesn’t sleep. The next morning he went and got born again. Sober from that day on.
It was at this point he told me they had also tried LSD that night. I asked if he understood it was a hallucinogen. He told me the Lord works in mysterious ways.
Appreciate that story 👍🏻

Anyone else exercise or train regularly? Could be strength training, cardio, whatever. Just curious if there's anyone else out there.
I don’t really compete, but I love running. I’m a 20-30 miles a week guy normally but have been trying to transition into cycling to save what’s left of my knees. I also (normally) hit the gym 5 times/week.

Had some issues and had to stop lifting. Missed the strength I used to have once upon a time, after losing a lot of muscle.

Trying to see how close I can get back to my peak strength (wasn't exactly a beast, but a lot stronger than I have been the last 10-15 years).

Initially added more injuries by being waaaayyyy too gung-ho getting back into it before finally conceding, "Hey dumbass, 20 was a long time ago. Quit with the "I used to be able to..." shit and accept reality" 😂

Slowed down and finally began making consistent progress, while rehabbing/PTing injuries I picked up over the years/decades. It never goes as quickly as we'd like, but progress is progress.

I'm also stubborn (and dumb. Did I mention dumb? 😂), so I'm trying to see how far I can get natty without any TRT etc. I'm taking the fact that I'm making slow but steady progress as encouragement.
make a graph. itll be an encouraging thing to watch dots and lines connect upwards.

I havent ifted for a while either and I miss being able to eat whatever and have it turn into muscle. hahah.

good luck!

It's the yellow jackets that are the evil little kamikazes around these parts. I can deal with the hornets, since there are fewer of 'em. The others are treacherous little bastards. But I always pay them back in spades.

We seem to have a nest of Giant European hornets somewhere. We're wanting to find it. Was hoping they would lead us back. I don't think they're going to on account of being dead and all.

Castrate a couple of 'em and leave them as a warning for the others...

They'll be back at the nest wondering "why don't he write?"...

Back