Really...

Which blade is better in YOUR opinion?

• Black

Votes: 22 16.5%
  • Polished (Aka silver)

Votes: 111 83.5%

• Total voters
Well, that doesn’t really help me at all, does it?

I don’t drink alcohol so I am always looking for a good alternative beverage.
The taste really can’t be compared to anything. I bet you an order some online. If you can, try to get some in glass bottles, they taste better! :thumbsup:

Where do you live?

(By the way, Ale81 Icies are really good. :p)

Its Ale8one, Aka “A Late One,” a ginger ale of sorts, and the best I’ve ever tasted at a great price. Only available in the state of Kentucky!
sabre cat sabre cat

You can find it outside Kentucky. Some Kroger stores carry it, actually found it in little Corinth, MS of all places, so I bet it would be in bigger cities.

They may not stock a ton of it, but it's possible to find! It is pretty tasty (I've only had original though!)

Tasty! :p
3643A2DB-7AE2-4518-99BF-83F6ABD58DA9 by PheonixKingZ ., on Flickr
Not gonna lie... I like the original better. But, I got these for free at my sisters birthday party, so who am I to complain? :D

Seems to me that using plain old food grade mineral oil would be good enough for your SAK.
Are you only suggesting “food grade” oil, because I may be using my SAK to prepare food later down the road?

Found the oil on Amazon for around $10, would BladeHQ be a better place to buy from?
That’s too much money. It might be the big bottle though. I know they make two different sizes. I recently saw the small bottle for $3.25 plus shipping. Keep looking.

I’ve also had good luck with blue lube from Benchmade. It’s about $10-$12 for a bottle but it will last you for decades.

I have been told that it is also food grade but I don’t know for sure.

That’s too much money. It might be the big bottle though. I know they make two different sizes. I recently saw the small bottle for $3.25 plus shipping. Keep looking.

I’ve also had good luck with blue lube from Benchmade. It’s about $10-$12 for a bottle but it will last you for decades.

I have been told that it is also food grade but I don’t know for sure.
I’ll keep looking around. I definitely don’t want to use unsafe oil, then the day I use it to prepare food, make myself sick. :oops:

FWIW, you won’t need much oil.

Also, I have used both oils listed above with good results. I use my folders in the kitchen often and have even cooked for the homeless without problems.

The taste really can’t be compared to anything. I bet you an order some online. If you can, try to get some in glass bottles, they taste better! :thumbsup:

Where do you live?

(By the way, Ale81 Icies are really good. :p)
I live out in California just a little north of San Francisco. A little place called Napa Valley. Well known for excellent wines.

Shame I don’t drink.

I’m glad to see you’re quickly learning how useful a Swiss Army knife is.

I’m not sure if you’re carrying both knives you were gifted, but don’t be surprised if you eventually decide that the SAK will handle the majority the tasks you use a knife for, and it ends up being all you carry. I suffer from some sort of “what if” mentality lol and feel I need to carry more than one “just in case”, but 99% of the time I could get by with only a SAK.
I participated in a 2 week small knife challenge with only these two (Spyderco Manbug and a MiniChamp), and aside from food prep, I managed just fine.

I’m glad to see you’re quickly learning how useful a Swiss Army knife is.

I’m not sure if you’re carrying both knives you were gifted, but don’t be surprised if you eventually decide that the SAK will handle the majority the tasks you use a knife for, and it ends up being all you carry. I suffer from some sort of “what if” mentality lol and feel I need to carry more than one “just in case”, but 99% of the time I could get by with only a SAK.
I participated in a 2 week small knife challenge with only these two (Spyderco Manbug and a MiniChamp), and aside from food prep, I managed just fine.

I do carry both! SAK in my coin pocket (or cargo pocket) and the Utilitac II and in right pocket.

I do feel that the SAK could perform all my cutting needs, but I’m with you, with the whole, “You never know” though process. :D

Is that MiniChamp a small version of the Pioneer?

While I’m definitely one of the guys on here telling everyone “you need a SAK” lol, I won’t pretend to be the most knowledgeable. I’ve always thought of it as 58mm version of the SwissChamp. It has some tools on it I don’t need/use, but it’s a cool little Victorinox, and I’d probably rebuy one if I lost it.

Next to a 93mm Pioneer X (your knife, plus the scissors)

Like I said, it has a couple odd tools, but the small screwdrivers, two blades and the scissors do come in handy.

how to test laptop keyboard

I could see the scissors coming in handy.

I actually like the “ribbed” handle of the Pioneer, it gives more grip IMO. I have had a rip-off version of the Pioneer (with less tools) a while back, and it had the regular red handles. (The smooth ones)

I also like how the symbol goes with the silver, instead of clashing with the red. :D

I’ve carried SAKs since the 80s but didn’t realize how handy they are until maybe 10 years ago, so now if the one in my pocket doesn’t have them, there’s a small Vic on my keychain that does. I recently rebought my bazillionth Classic for this very reason...Between my wife and two daughters I’m always giving them away.
A perfect example that always comes to mind is my granddaughter and her hatred of tags on her shirts. I have to cut them off all the time, and I feel much safer doing it with scissors than I ever would with a blade. Just one of them odd tasks that reminds a fella why IMO they’re a must have

I actually like the “ribbed” handle of the Pioneer, it gives more grip IMO. I have had a rip-off version of the Pioneer (with less tools) a while back, and it had the regular red handles. (The smooth ones)

I also like how the symbol goes with the silver, instead of clashing with the red. :D

Me too. I like the Alox Pioneer series myself.

The smooth plastic handled knives are a little easier to open and close but the metal Alox series (like yours) just have a touch of class about them.

I do carry both! SAK in my coin pocket (or cargo pocket) and the Utilitac II and in right pocket...

I have to ask, what made you decide to carry both knives?

Don’t get me wrong, I am not criticizing you for it. Considering the knives themselves, it seems to be a good idea. You have the SAK with all of its tools for light duty task and the Utilitac for everything else.

Makes perfect sense to me.

Back