Really...

Which blade is better in YOUR opinion?

• Black

Votes: 22 16.5%
  • Polished (Aka silver)

Votes: 111 83.5%

• Total voters
No idea, I haven't ever tried one. Never liked the looks of the handle, looks uncomfortable to me! Lol
I tried a strongarm out at Hawk Mountain, for shaving firewood. I loved the blade, but the handle was kind of uncomfortable to hold after a while.

—-

I’m looking into getting either a new spyderco folder, or a fixed blade.

I’ll have to look back and see what some good fixed blade suggests were.

Great, now that I’m back on the forum, I want a new knife. :rolleyes:

Considering the following:

-Spyderco PM2
-Spyderco Efficient
-Spyderco Tenacious

OR

-Benchmade Bugout

—-

Thoughts?

I would rather have a new EDC than a fixed blade tbh.

I'd go with the new s35vn tenacious, or a PM2. I love my original tenacious, and even in 8cr13mov steel it's an amazing knife, but the s35 would really be a huge upgrade. I haven't picked one up yet but I will get there eventually!

The pm2 is just a classic, and a very capable blade.

Not a fan of the bugout myself. When it comes to benchmade I'd recommend a Griptilian. Preferably with the sheepsfoot blade!

Great, now that I’m back on the forum, I want a new knife. :rolleyes:

Considering the following:

-Spyderco PM2
-Spyderco Efficient
-Spyderco Tenacious

OR

-Benchmade Bugout

—-

Thoughts?

I would rather have a new EDC than a fixed blade tbh.

Pm2 in s110v if possible.

I'd have a look at a smaller fixed blade. There are some great makers here selling 3-4" blade models here at excellent prices for the quality you receive!!!

Look thru.a.few.pages here for an idea!!

I'd go with the new s35vn tenacious, or a PM2. I love my original tenacious, and even in 8cr13mov steel it's an amazing knife, but the s35 would really be a huge upgrade. I haven't picked one up yet but I will get there eventually!

The pm2 is just a classic, and a very capable blade.

Not a fan of the bugout myself. When it comes to benchmade I'd recommend a Griptilian. Preferably with the sheepsfoot blade!
Awesome!

Do you have a side by side comparison of the tenacious VS the PM2? Just so I can get an idea of size/blade shape.

Why are you not a fan of the bugout? Just wondering.

It looks like a good knife, and it has a lot of good reviews. But I definitely don’t want to buy something I don’t like.

I’ll look into the griptillian.

For a $55 knife: the Civivi Odium carries easily, and does everything I need in an EDC.
But that's just me...

Attachments

• CIVC2010Ant.jpg
    CIVC2010Ant.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 1
Awesome!

Do you have a side by side comparison of the tenacious VS the PM2? Just so I can get an idea of size/blade shape.

Why are you not a fan of the bugout? Just wondering.

It looks like a good knife, and it has a lot of good reviews. But I definitely don’t want to buy something I don’t like.

I’ll look into the griptillian.

I don't, but the tenacious I believe has a slightly shorter blade, and no choil. It is slightly shorter overall compared to the pm2 I believe. If I remember to later when I get home I'll take pictures, but I won't be home until 6:30 or so, and I may forget!

I don't like the feel of the bugout. I'm sure it's a fine knife, lots of people like them, but the scales turn me off and it's a bit smaller than I usually would carry. I like the Griptilian better because it's a bit larger and feels more substantial. Just a personal preference. You may love the bugout, so check one out if you can. They are a lot tougher than they seem at first.

One thing's for sure about the Mini-Bugout: it's light enough to forget that you're carrying it!

I don't, but the tenacious I believe has a slightly shorter blade, and no choil. It is slightly shorter overall compared to the pm2 I believe. If I remember to later when I get home I'll take pictures, but I won't be home until 6:30 or so, and I may forget!

I don't like the feel of the bugout. I'm sure it's a fine knife, lots of people like them, but the scales turn me off and it's a bit smaller than I usually would carry. I like the Griptilian better because it's a bit larger and feels more substantial. Just a personal preference. You may love the bugout, so check one out if you can. They are a lot tougher than they seem at first.
Ok, thank you, I would appreciate that!!

I’ll see if I can find a bugout in person, so I can try it out in my hand. (Like at a knife store or something)

Think its time to move it on up and sale your whole collection for a CRK. Your gonna get there eventually anyways like the rest of us.

For my new, er, “budget” EDC, the two top options now are:

-Spyderco PM2 (if I can find it anywhere. I’m just looking for the black G10 handle with the satin blade. They appear to have disappeared off the face of the earth)
-Benchmade Bugout (black handle with satin blade or Ranger green with satin blade)

Back