Reate Knives-Users' opinion and collections

We've been receiving different suggestions about the knives since the first design "Horizon" series. And thanks for all these different opinions and suggestions, we grow slowly and steadily. We also received many photos taken by our customers. And we would like to share some of them here. In this thread, you can share any opinions and advice here. And if you are our customer, you are welcome to post you photos here to share with us.

Last edited:
Here are some photos taken by Jim Skelton, we have his authority to post the photos here.

JimSkelton_zps01cb1241.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I got my first Reate recently which is Hills. Excellent high-quality flipper at a great price point.

Looking forward to Horizon-A but they're nowhere to be found. Recently BladeHQ started carrying Reate knives but not all of them. Hopefully, we'll start seeing more Reate knives at more online dealers in the US.

Also, there is a market for a great titanium flipper with a just under 3 inch blade. Reate has gone from the 3.9" blade Horizon to the 3.75" District-9 and now the 3.5" Hills. So, a 3" blade titanium flipper makes sense.

RamZar, thank you for your suggestion.

I got my first Reate recently which is Hills. Excellent high-quality flipper at a great price point.

Looking forward to Horizon-A but they're nowhere to be found. Recently BladeHQ started carrying Reate knives but not all of them. Hopefully, we'll start seeing more Reate knives at more online dealers in the US.

Also, there is a market for a great titanium flipper with a just under 3 inch blade. Reate has gone from the 3.9" blade Horizon to the 3.75" District-9 and now the 3.5" Hills. So, a 3" blade titanium flipper makes sense.

A 3.5" Horizon A with the M390 steel would be a HUGE seller IMO.

I recently got a Hills as well. I also handled I looked over both of the District Models as well as the Horizon-A. These are great knives for the money & easily compare to other knives I have owned that were quite a bit higher in price. For future offerings I share the thought on a smaller flipper model. I'd prefer something +/-3.25" personally. Also, offer a left hand and/or reversible pocket clip option.

Here is mine:

I was a very early adopter of the Horizon-A and firmly believe in Reate's future as a company in the knife industry, but I will try to be as critical as I can about my knife and the other models in the line. Outside of these few complaints, I have nothing but good things to say. The Horizon-A being available at $200 from retailers represents a huge value.

Subjective criticisms:

-The designs are a little all over the place for me. To me, the Horizon represents the most attractive design so far. The handle is a bit boring in shape, but the faux-integral design is fantastic. Removing the decorative pivot from the current run is a bit disappointing as well. The District 9 models are entirely too busy for me, and the blade shapes both strike me as a bit awkward. I would never call either "sexy" or "sleek". The full flat grind on the Hills model totally kills it for me aesthetically. Remember that these critiques are SUBJECTIVE and I totally understand if others disagree. I would love to see something with a little bit more of a minimalist design that is slightly more conventional.

Objective complaints:

-My Horizon-A has a little bit of detent play in it. Otherwise it is pretty much perfect as far as fit and finish goes.

Well is no secret that I'm a fan of the company. I really appreciate high value offerings that boast fit and finish of top tier knife companies, at half the price. I own one example of all 3 models released thus far and my favorite is the Horizon A. The amazing cnc work to create the handle texture, plus M390 and an enclosed somewhat integral backspacer, it's been the best so far. I know that a lot of people are still on the fence, but everyone who had tried them has been impressed. Not that it matters at the moment, they are sold out just about everywhere. They also have 3 distributors here in the US.

Pictures: (Sorry, I post on Instagram a lot so I have a lot of pictures).

IMG_20141103_122427_zps1857d2e8.jpg

IMG_20141106_103449_zps9484766f.jpg

IMG_20141107_144758_zps530714f1.jpg

IMG_20141103_213824_zpsd36b913b.jpg

IMG_20140921_150538_zps5f71289c.jpg

IMG_20140906_130104_zps946a34c4.jpg

IMG_20140825_131623_zps580fb47b.jpg

IMG_20140731_121207_zps0a66b76d.jpg

IMG_20140804_205829_zps0f5e4c94.jpg

IMG_20140619_182605_zps4f2950df.jpg

Then we have the video Reviews:

[video=youtube_share;G8eSfkeKPEQ]http://youtu.be/G8eSfkeKPEQ[/video]

[video=youtube_share;RYPT9UwnFsM]http://youtu.be/RYPT9UwnFsM[/video]

[video=youtube_share;FihsPy8FO4I]http://youtu.be/FihsPy8FO4I[/video]

Anyways, that's a lot to take in. My top 3 favorite brands are currently: ZT, Reate and Lionsteel.

As for critiques, thankfully all of my knives have been perfect and I'm happy with the designs. I think the above mentioned find a specific design language is probably a good one. I hope you will use the same flipper tab that's on the Horizon, on future models. The geometry of the Horizon Flipper tab is perfection. I would also like to see more handles with heavy CNC work as the Horizon.

You guys need to order some more M390, I've been waiting for the Horizon A's to become available.

My district 9 should arrive by fri or sat. from everything ive seen, im sure it will be good. what I really like is that the new d9 has an improved pocket clip, the old one would have made the knife stick out too far for me.There is no doubt that these are well made knives.

You have a number of designs that interest me, but I have small hands and the handles are too large for me. I'd like to see something with a 4" handle.

My Hills is very heavy in the handle and center of balance greatly favors the handle. Would love to see a G10 or a carbon fiber handle to reduce weight and increase balancing overall. Would also love a 3 inch or sub 3 inch version since the market doesn't have a great mid tech level knife in the 3 inch variety (mostly 3.25-3.75)

I've enjoyed my District 9-B for the past couple of months and have made it my new EDC. Really a tank of a knife and I couldn't be happier. An incredible value for the money and these knives are absolutely top notch as far as fit and finish. Flips insanely fast and wicked sharp.

Attachments

• DSC04046.jpg
    DSC04046.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 245
  • DSC04048.jpg
    DSC04048.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 252
  • DSC04049.jpg
    DSC04049.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 247
I think I am very much the first customer of Reate Knives. I got the old Horizon A with the old logo and serial number 1. :D

So far I have had 3 Horizons (2 As and 1 B), 3 District 9s, and 1 Hills. I have clearly seen the evolution of Reate Knives, as well as the owner, David. :D I personally think of David as my friend.

image.jpg

I think I am very much the first customer of Reate Knives. I got the old Horizon A with the old logo and serial number 1. :D

So far I have had 3 Horizons (2 As and 1 B), 3 District 9s, and 1 Hills. I have clearly seen the evolution of Reate Knives, as well as the owner, David. :D I personally think of David as my friend.

View attachment 488466

Hi Batik , My Friend ! Thanks for your supporttttttt !

Jim ,Thanks for sharing !

I've enjoyed my District 9-B for the past couple of months and have made it my new EDC. Really a tank of a knife and I couldn't be happier. An incredible value for the money and these knives are absolutely top notch as far as fit and finish. Flips insanely fast and wicked sharp.

Last edited:
Back