Reate Torrent

RamZar

Gold Member
I'm hoping the upcoming Torrent has a smaller blade length of 3"-3.25". Based on the recent Reate pricing I figure it'll be in the $250+ range.

11326666_1641435659470241_2039781767_n.jpg

12105082_1500117216979088_169075152_n.jpg

I like it, looks like I'll be adding the 7th Reate to the collection.

Looks like it'll be my 9th Reate knife.

1. Horizon-A (M390)
  2. Horizon-C (Fort Henry)
  3. Horizon-D CF (M390)
  4. Horizon-D TI (M390)
  5. Hills
  6. District 9-A
  7. District 9-B
  8. Valkyrie (Fort Henry - TI)

I'm all in on this if the blade is around 3" and the price doesn't take another surge upward (>$259 or so)

I need to catch up with you guys, I'm falling behind!

1. Horizon-A
2. Horizon-B
3. District 9-A
4. Hills
5. Valkyrie 1
6. Begg Steelseries Kwaiken (I know this isn't out yet but I've been waiting since June for this bad boy!)

BTW, I noticed the Begg Kaikens in stone wash popped up on MassDrop with an estimated ship date of October 23! They might be coming sooner than we thought!

I'm dying to know what the size will be on these. Sitting here flipping my Warrior 1 and amazed by the build quality. If there were a couple more Reates in the 3-3.25 blade range would all over them. Anyone here timing on release of torrent and its size? Great looking design.

BHQ started shipping the stone washed Kwaikens earlier this week so yes, they have indeed arrived.

Looks like it'll be my 9th Reate knife.

1. Horizon-A (M390)
  2. Horizon-C (Fort Henry)
  3. Horizon-D CF (M390)
  4. Horizon-D TI (M390)
  5. Hills
  6. District 9-A
  7. District 9-B
  8. Valkyrie (Fort Henry - TI)

Looks like I really need to catch up lol, my list is:

1.) Horizon B
2.) Horizon C
3.) Horizon D Ti
4.) Horizon D CF
5.) District 9A
6.) Valkyrie

6581fe22707d7caf2ec6f0c56d45e77d.jpg

I'm dying to know what the size will be on these. Sitting here flipping my Warrior 1 and amazed by the build quality. If there were a couple more Reates in the 3-3.25 blade range would all over them. Anyone here timing on release of torrent and its size? Great looking design.

Somewhere in another thread David mentioned that the release date for the Torrent hadn't been determined and that the blade was 3.5" long. That's kind of unfortunate, I'm not sure how much I want it at that blade length. I really need a 3" carry from Reate...

Somewhere in another thread David mentioned that the release date for the Torrent hadn't been determined and that the blade was 3.5" long. That's kind of unfortunate, I'm not sure how much I want it at that blade length. I really need a 3" carry from Reate...

Indeed. I have plenty of Reate with blade lengths of 3.6"-3.75".

Stunning pocket brick there! :thumbup: :D If Reate ever scales it down to a size I'm willing to EDC, I might just have to jump on it.

As good as that looks(and it looks great!), I would love a scaled down version. That design in a size like the zt 0450 would be an amazing knife, and I would surely pick one up.

Wow that is a great looking knife, im adding that to the B,C,D9 for sure.That machined pocket clip with ceramic bearing, and overall finish screams 1st class quality ,looks like a 3.5+ blade from the pics,fine with me....

Vince is going to list these at $375 on his forthenrycustomknives website this Friday. The price includes shipping. He opened up pre-orders on his Fans of the Fort site FB site about an hour ago.

Per BladeHQ the blade length is 3.625" which makes it about the same size as Hills but about half an ounce heavier. At $375 Torrent is $200 more than Hills! Of course, there are the extra milling, super premium blade steel and some anodized titanium hardware.

Back