Recommendations for 2-3” fixed

I am a person who likes to beat a dead horse.....I know you have narrowed it down, but right now there ere some great bargains in the fixed blade exchange, a Childress necker in 440c, 007, and a reduced loveless pattern City knife. Check them out.

I have both the G3 and the Caper. Both are amazing and I would have a hard time choosing between either. If blade length and intimidation are big factors, you can’t go wrong with the White River. It is sleek and has crazy good ergonomics.

The fit and finish seem higher on the Caper as well. All of the contact edges are really nicely rounded.

I’ll post some comparison pics shortly.

What Knife is this? Thanks.

WCoUMH5l.jpg

USX052gl.jpg

Check out Tops Knives. They have a bunch of different designs to suit your tastes.

I have a coyote, slightly larger then 3", that I bought to replace a Boker+ Coye Ridgeback, (another great little knife, just that the factory sheath/belt clip were sorely lacking), that has served me well...

Check out Tops Knives. They have a bunch of different designs to suit your tastes.

I have a coyote, slightly larger then 3", that I bought to replace a Boker+ Coye Ridgeback, (another great little knife, just that the factory sheath/belt clip were sorely lacking), that has served me well...
Unfortunately looking for something a little more traditional and made of a better steel/stainless, preferably m390, n690, s35vn, s30vn, m4, v3, etc etc etc

I have both the G3 and the Caper. Both are amazing and I would have a hard time choosing between either. If blade length and intimidation are big factors, you can’t go wrong with the White River. It is sleek and has crazy good ergonomics.

The fit and finish seem higher on the Caper as well. All of the contact edges are really nicely rounded.

I’ll post some comparison pics shortly.
Please do post some pics! My big question though is how does the s35vn hold up with lots of medium corrosive materials as well as edge retention? Gonna be cutting a lot of tapes, boxes, wire cable casings etc etc..
Now the choil how do they compare?

Anyone have any experience with Bark River PSK in Elmax, for $20 more is it worth it to just go for the g3 or the m1?
75-CF8-CE2-F089-47-B1-8851-41-C63-EDC7-A3-C.jpg

I’ve never worked with Elmax, so any information would be appreciated. from what I can understand, it’s very similar to m390 but closer to s35vn as in a touch softer, holds an edge very well but not as well as m390, but will be easier to sharpen/maintain?

I really like the look and size of it, but looks like they’re made from either a2 or o1 and unfortunately I’m trying to get away from the tool steels due to the type of labor the knife will encounter.

They've done runs in AEB-L steel. Call them and see what they can offer.

Esse CR2.5 is a great choice in carbon steel and a stainless Izula in 440c is a great stainless option. You can also get extended TKC scales for the Izula now.

I really like the look and size of it, but looks like they’re made from either a2 or o1 and unfortunately I’m trying to get away from the tool steels due to the type of labor the knife will encounter.

Mine is D2..
John

Edit, the knife I saw was not identified correctly, will have to find the specs and pictures for the fiddleback.

Last edited:
View attachment 1092677I just got the Bradford for a few days . The BRKT feels better in hand and it sub 3 inch blade . For now the BRK is what I recommend
By brk you mean bark river Caper right?
How do you like the m4 vs m390, been using my dads g3 for a little over a week and I like it so far, I liked the Caper for the larger choil which yours doesn't appear to have so I’m probably wrong in the assumption brk=Caper also in thinking s35vn or m390 for their resistance to corrosion, never used m4 so let me know what you think. if they were the same price (and the g3 came with the $45 kydex for $20, so g3+kydex for 180 vs Caper for 160) would you still take the bark river?

Putting aside the irony of not wanting to carry a benchmade, yet living in one of the most anti-2a states, what exactly are your blade restrictions? That information would help. Doesn't any fixed blade need to be open carry? How are you carrying the g3? Can you carry a fixed blade for work without breaking the law, if concealed? Why do you need just a 2" blade?

More info.

In CA you must open carry a fixed blade...but it can be any length.
No double edged knives.
Folders can be concealed, and no autos with a blade over 2 inches.

Other than that ( and outside of places like LA city) even big honking Bowie's are OK.
CA knife laws aren't terrible yet, but give them time.

Back