Recommendations needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spyderco Bradley Bowie:thumbsup: I have been waiting for it to be discontinued so that I could get one with less $$. Need more user reviews of Hinderer Ranch Bowie. It sure looks like a great knife.

For your price range, you should check out the Makers market. Have what you want made. The Eastern European makers have some killer deals on some very nice knives. I just got another beautiful Daado made b&t for a ridiculously low price. Also a very nice guy to deal with. Besides, how many Croatian knives do you have in your collection.:)--KV

In that sort of style I like the Benchmade Arvensis.

The Boker Arbolito Bowie is an attractive piece. It sort of resembles the Camillus/Fisk OVB Bowies of old.

The Buck 124 Frontiersman is neat, as is the Ka Bar 1236 Bowie.

One I've always wanted to add to my stable, but still haven't is the SOG Super Bowie.

These are just a couple of alternatives to the ones you mentioned that appeal to me.

Bowie is a specific shape omg this is a knife blog and I keep getting questions on shape and what’s a Bowie ?

Lol forget I asked

Lotta knives claim to be a Bowie
True Bowie’s have a shape
Buck custom shop let’s you get a traditional Bowie profile
And pick your handle
Made in the USA :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
268DDD4B-2599-4C1A-A521-06AB63CF1220.jpeg

Cvrobinson Cvrobinson beat me to it. The Buck custom shop is probably your best bet for a classic Bowie. I also saw some Ansa file knives that might fit your requirements too, if you wanna be different!

I’ll play... at the top of my list would be the Winkler Field Knife. Also, the Fiddleback Forge Bullfrog Bowie. There are some Lon Humphrey Brute de Forge clip points floating around out there too... ad he’s not making them anymore. A little different are his Bridgers, but they’ll do what you mentioned, no problem. A Becker BK7 will do all that you ask if it, and more, though it’s bigger than the others listed. Of course, Bark River makes Bowies of all sizes as well. Honorable mention, Tops makes various sized Bowies... lastly, you can probably just pick up an ESEE 6 (clip point or not) and call it a day.

Hope this helps. Personally, I love my Dave Beck TD6 SERE... it’s in the size range you indicated, he is accepting orders, and while a little pricey... it’s amazing. And the swedge gives it a little Bowie flavor ;)

Bowie is a specific shape omg this is a knife blog and I keep getting questions on shape and what’s a Bowie ?

Lol forget I asked

Actually there are several different shapes/styles of Bowies:

The stereotypical Bowie
Bowie.jpg
The Searles Bowie Bowie1.jpg
The Rezin Bowie

Bowie2.jpg

The Sheffield Bowie Bowie3.jpg
The California Bowie
Bowie4.jpg
David Bowie
Bowie5.jpg

There's a lot of information here & people willing to help. Not everyone here speaks English as their first language. Some are older & not as internet savvy. So how about unbunching your spandex britches and tone the snarky responses down a notch.

Last edited:
Cold steel Trail Master in sanmai pure sex in steel. Have a custom maker put a g10 or Micarta handle on it and level up.

There are not many mfgs that make a real clip point style bowie, outside of kabar, buck & randall

They all do fairly nice 5ish inch bowies:
kabar short fighter/utility
buck 0119 special
randall model 5 (if memory serves) - blackjack does the randall styles also

Lol forget I asked

This person is not only rude, but also doesn't even know how much she doesn't know. It all adds up to annoying.

You might want to check this one out made from some pretty tough stuff and not too costly with a bowie type blade.

survivalist-bushcraft.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back