• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Red DLT M390 madness begins Again

Meh! There are way important battles to worry about... this ain't one of them. Fair price is what someone is willing to pay. If I cannot afford it, I simply move along without trying to fit my moral compass on every passerby. :-D

Unfortunately some people will always flip the exclusives, I don't have a good solution for it other than limiting the number per household. We do welcome any feedback though, please send your suggestions to jordan@dlttrading.com

On the topic of some got too many, we did limit the max per household to 2. There are legitimate reasons to allow a purchase of 2, and the amount of people who bought 2 was pretty low compared to the amount who purchased a single knife. It definitely was not the norm.

I totally understand the frustration however, missing out on the chance to buy one without secondary market price markup can be irksome. We were surprised at how quickly they sold, and we will apply lessons learned on this to future exclusives.

Actually not! Its part of the fun - trying to score the exclusive. As someone said earlier, it makes the market vibrant and thriving. Arbitrary restrictions by dealers are not iron-clad, and these can be worked around easily (for example, your 2 per household can be easily circumvented by ordering two at my home address, two at my work address, and two at my friend's address - see the point?). In my experience, those who want to flip, will flip - irrespective of the amount of checks enforced by dealers, or the moral outrage poured here. :)

Last edited:
I've been on BF since 2002 (excepT for a year off in 2009). Over pricing knives has been around since the beginning. What's different now is the large number of shoppers/sellers on BF for the Exchange only.

My rule has always been that someone can ask whatever price they want, you have the ultimate control, you don't have to buy. I've been watching a large seller's (he should be classified a dealer) post for more than a year. He has a knife I want. He started off at $ 600 (for what I know is a $ 350 to $ 375 knife) and it's down to $ 395 now. When it gets down to $ 375 I'll offer less.

If he sells I'm happy. If he doesn't, that's OK too.

God gave you two things when you were born. He gave you time but you don't know how much. He gave you the power of choice over everything you do. Life is too precious to stress out over knife prices.

its been interesting with these ones for sure.
I havent seen the extortion prices on these for the most part. Seen a few listed a high prices, but not like the red PM2.
Maybe people dont like the manix as much, or us voicing our opinion and pointing out absurdities worked a little here.

I did notice an orange PM2 that was one of the exclusive listed at $325. Holy Bat Balls Batman.

Back