Red Trout Giveaway - Winner Announced

I have a hard time picking a "favorite"

I am very fond of Stag. I also love wood scales. Jigged bone as well.

Here is my only ebony scaled knife.

TmxigP1.jpg

I've always been a fan and mostly collected wooden scaled knives. Ebony is probably my favorite these days. My most recently arrival were an Ebony Radio Jack and Grinling are two of my most prized pieces. Great giveaway, I was sad to have missed this run and appreciate the opportunity. 'In'

Thank you for the opportunity to be in on your giveaway. I would have to choose jigged bone as my favorite handle material although I do enjoy some wood and some stag. I've found I'm not good at choosing stag. Jigged something like this........

IMG_0584.JPG

I'm in please. Thank you very much!

In general - deep, random jigged bone handles are my favorite. Below is my favorite pattern (92 Eureka Jack) with my favorite handles that GEC has put on that pattern.
8wxAORJ.jpg

Specifically, however, I have a Neptune acrylic 38 that almost mesmerizes me. Acrylics are not typically my favorite, but if I'm ranking my knives on handles alone, this is probably #1.
jfgyLUZ.jpg

I will be choosing a winner at 2PM Hawaii time (8PM Eastern time) today. I’m going to go do some yard work and check back in later. Get your entries in.

Folks here have really walked the dog with their finest covers - this has been a great thread to enjoy all the photos. OH

Yeah Wharn Wharn ! Steve, Thank you very much! I am looking forward to this one for several reasons. One, it was made by Eric who I don’t know personally but have tremendous regard for having read his posts and what others think about him. Two, I appreciate the link to Canal Street Cutlery. Three, I have read about Richard. He seemed to be larger than life and a model for us all! Fourth, the knife looks gorgeous. And fifth, this is the first time I have ever won a giveaway! I will post photos often to keep reminding people of Richard and his passion for life.

Great giveaway on several counts.

Last edited:
Back