red trout

I would never carry a small single blade like these, but man oh man, that blue rope bone is KILLER!

Reactions: 315
OK, finally got around to taking a few pics of my Red Trout.
Great little knife. Love the dark green bone. I wish I had jumped on the blue roping. Maybe more will come.
IMG_20190703_193931009.jpg

IMG_20190703_193949601.jpg

Just got back from Tennessee and picked up my mail. No pics yet, but the ironwood Red Trout is, well, WOW! What a nice pocket knife. :D
Being as how I'm a very sick individual, I just ordered two more: one in brown micarta and one green teal G10 :rolleyes:;):p
Showing my ignorance here, but what do y'all mean by "sunken joint"?

Just got back from Tennessee and picked up my mail. No pics yet, but the ironwood Red Trout is, well, WOW! What a nice pocket knife. :D
Being as how I'm a very sick individual, I just ordered two more: one in brown micarta and one green teal G10 :rolleyes:;):p
Showing my ignorance here, but what do y'all mean by "sunken joint"?
When closed, the corner of the blade tang is not exposed outside of (above) the well.

When closed, the corner of the blade tang is not exposed outside of (above) the well.
That was fast. Its what I guessed, but wasn't sure so thanks. I didn't know what it was called, but I've noticed that Case is generally really good at this and Buck - on their pocket knives - is really bad at this. Lots of tang sticking up when closed. I've also noticed this on some of the GEC's I've looked at.
The only thing I wish had been done with these is a paper in the box explaining the history and construction of the knives. But that's really nit picking. I'm really impressed with the construction of this knife. I don't know if Mr. Lanigan is reading this thread, but thumbs up to him and Eric :thumbsup:

Hey folks, just wanted to shoot you a little heads up; I just delivered 55 new knives to Mr L. today, so more than likely he'll be putting them up for sale pretty soon. Same pattern as the previous one but with a sheepfoot blade in place of the clip. There were a few folks here I was supposed to remind but darned if I didn't misplace my contact info so figured this is the next best thing.

Eric

Hey folks, just wanted to shoot you a little heads up; I just delivered 55 new knives to Mr L. today, so more than likely he'll be putting them up for sale pretty soon. Same pattern as the previous one but with a sheepfoot blade in place of the clip. There were a few folks here I was supposed to remind but darned if I didn't misplace my contact info so figured this is the next best thing.

Eric
awesome, thanks for the heads up!

My pleasure! I had to hold one knife back that I found a crack in as I was buffing it so as luck would have it I was able to take a couple of pictures of a finished knife. Here's what they look like (minus the crack). There are around 32 different handle materials on the 55 knives, this is the sarsaparilla jigged bone:

Red Trout Sheepfoot.jpg

Red Trout Sheepfoot 2.jpg

Red Trout Sheepfoot 3.jpg

Eric

My pleasure! I had to hold one knife back that I found a crack in as I was buffing it so as luck would have it I was able to take a couple of pictures of a finished knife. Here's what they look like (minus the crack). There are around 32 different handle materials on the 55 knives, this is the sarsaparilla jigged bone:

View attachment 1346926

View attachment 1346927

View attachment 1346929

Eric
Thanks Eric!
And oh man 32 different handle materials? :eek: Awesome :)

View attachment 1346926

View attachment 1346927

View attachment 1346929

Eric
Wow, that’s really nice Eric. You have some amazing skills. Thanks for the heads up.

Here's a list of what was made. I thought I had put it up yesterday but I must have been thinking of the pics. Things have just been a bit crazy lately o_O:)

Blue Rope Jigged Bone - 4
Lemon Peel Jigged Bone - 1
Box Elder Burl - 1
Aberdeen Jigged Bone - 1
Snakeskin Micarta - 2
Brown Pick Bone - 1
Merlot Wormgroove Bone - 2
Khaki Pick Bone - 1
Stag Jigged Bone - 3
Popcorn Stag Jigged Bone - 1
Crimson Red Kirinite - 1
Orange/Red Kirinite - 1
Grey/Red Kirinite - 1
Katalox Wood - 2
Bocote Wood - 2
Curly Maple - 2
Green Smooth Camel Bone - 3
Abalone with Clear Acrylic - 3
Green and Brown Linen Micarta - 3
Brown Dyed Sambar Stag - 2
Sambar Stag - 1
Elk Stag - 1
Mahogany Jigged Bone - 2
Butternut Jigged Bone - 1
Sunset Jigged Bone - 1
Green -n- Brown Jigged Bone - 1
Brown -n- Amber Jigged Bone - 1
Dark Red Pressed Stag Jigged Bone - 1
Black -n- Red Jigged Bone - 1
Red Jigged Bone - 1
Salmon Jigged Bone - 1
Basketweave Jigged Bone - 2
Sarsaparilla Jigged Bone - 3

I'm really hoping to see a pic of the smooth green camel bone! I'm sure they are beautiful.

Here's a list of what was made...
Wow! Look at that variety! Those small numbers guarantee they're all unique and IMO there are at least a dozen that have got to be simply outstanding. Way to go Eric! Can't wait to see em.

Back