red trout

ea42 ea42 what is the closed length on these?

Probably not the right thread but do you still plan on making knives under your new label? I remember seeing something about it a while back.

AnW the closed length is 3 3/8". Rich is definitely a character, isn't he?

Yes I'm currently working on the parts for the new knives now. The pandemic delayed things a bit but I do have all the parts cut for a single clip blade 3 3/8" barehead jack (similar to the old Schrade Cut. Co's of that same length), and a sheath knife. Blade steel will be CPM-154CM. Now that the Red Trouts are done I can concentrate exclusively on those. Need to do the nail marks and tang stamps next, then off to heat treat. I'm terrible with estimating when things will be done but I'm hoping to be able to start assembly in about a month or so.

Eric

Last edited:
AnW the closed length is 3 3/8". Rich is definitely a character, isn't he?

Yes I'm currently working on the parts for the new knives now. The pandemic delayed things a bit but I do have all the parts cut for a single clip blade 3 3/8" barehead jack (similar to the old Schrade Cut. Co's of that same length), and a sheath knife. Blade steel will be CPM-154CM. Now that the Red Trouts are done I can concentrate exclusively on those. Need to do the nail marks and tang stamps next, then off to heat treat. I'm terrible with estimating when things will be done but I'm hoping to be able to start assembly in about a month or so.

Eric

Sounds perfect, can't wait! Best of luck, I feel like you have a well deserved, loyal following here.

Pretty excited about my new purchase, loaded my pockets with CSC in anticipation.

00100lr-PORTRAIT-00100-BURST20200528113114478-COVER.jpg

hi everyone, i ordered the elk stag one right away (through email, can't wait). i saw a couple of pics of some other covers on another thread and wondering if anyone knows if photos of the covers are anywhere to be seen? I see the unfinished covers pic, that helps, thanks Eric for posting.

Last edited:
Rich is indeed great to talk to. I think I managed to get the Dark Red Pressed Stag Jigged Bone. That's a mouth full, and not sure exactly what it looks like. I don't think there a many left at this point.
Certainly will want to see all the variety of covers as people receive them.

Rich is indeed great to talk to. I think I managed to get the Dark Red Pressed Stag Jigged Bone. That's a mouth full, and not sure exactly what it looks like. I don't think there a many left at this point.
Certainly will want to see all the variety of covers as people receive them.

I was intrigued by that pressed stag too....almost asked him about it but decided to keep it to 1 knife.

Can't wait to see a picture of it.

I think the knives look great, and can’t wait for mine to arrive.

I think ea42 ea42 and Richard at Red Trout hit the timing perfect for this release. New GEC 23’s are a week or two away, and many knife buyers are anxious for something new.

I am glad to hear they are selling quick!

I tried to hold off as well but man they look so nice and i am still kicking myself for not trying to get an "erics jack" back a few years ago. So i got lucky and scored a stag bone one of these! Cant wait to see it.

Spoke with Mr. Lanigan tonight and managed to get the Brown&Amber jigged bone. It was cool talking with him while I was on my deck sipping a beer. Neat guy. Looking forward to getting my second Red Trout. My first was purchased last year at the GEC Rendezvous from Eric. It’s a stainless clip with green G10 covers that I fell for. Thanks Eric!
mShcq1x.png

I tried to hold off as well but man they look so nice and i am still kicking myself for not trying to get an "erics jack" back a few years ago. So i got lucky and scored a stag bone one of these! Cant wait to see it.
Did you get the red and black kirinite? I ended up with the orange peel one... I think both of them are going to be really nice looking.

edit:.... oops.... replied to the wrong post... this was supposed to be for kiteman

:oops:

Did you get the red and black kirinite? I ended up with the orange peel one... I think both of them are going to be really nice looking.

edit:.... oops.... replied to the wrong post... this was supposed to be for kiteman

:oops:
Hey, what's up, haha!

Yes, I did get the Red/gray and the Crimson red as well. At least I hope so, my phone connection with Rich was kinda in and out so I think that's what I landed.

The orange/red is amazing, at least in Eric's pre-production pic. :thumbsup:

I posted a picture of it over in the "what do you have on order?" thread... It is a very striking looking knife. I was hoping that no one would want the red/gray one, and he'd relax his rules and let me buy it, too.... but I'm glad someone got it that really wants it. :D :thumbsup:
We all need to post pics of them when they arrive. I'm curious about quite a few of the "unfinished" ones that Eric posted. Several of the wood versions looked like they might turn out semi-spectacular.

I sent payment from my wife's PayPal account instead of the email I had been communicating with Rich with so there was a little bit of a miscommunication. Looks like I'll still be getting a jigged bone version though. :)

I'll get my hands on one of those wood covered versions someday! :D

Just in my red trout have arrived. I decided to go with wood 1 in Curley maple and 1 in kotolx wood. I am extremely happy. Fit & Finish is perfect. Pull is about a 6 IMHO I am very happy I was able to purchase 2 unfortunately my 2 grandsons who are dedicated to traditional pocket knives have claimed these but I know they will use and take great care of them. To carry on to the next generation is a great feeling image.jpg

Just in my red trout have arrived. I decided to go with wood 1 in Curley maple and 1 in kotolx wood. I am extremely happy. Fit & Finish is perfect. Pull is about a 6 IMHO I am very happy I was able to purchase 2 unfortunately my 2 grandsons who are dedicated to traditional pocket knives have claimed these but I know they will use and take great care of them. To carry on to the next generation is a great feeling View attachment 1349875

Very nice! Mine shows up on Monday. I only ordered one but I accidentally paid twice so yesterday he called me and I picked a second. I'll let my son pick one and I'll keep the other.

I got to talk to Richard, his wife, and his daughter yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it. They seem like my kind of people. He told me about his fishing/camping trips back in the day, made me want to pack up my gear and hit the road.

Back