Redmeadow Model 1 (2nd run)

Thanks for the link Ray. I used to keep up on tech support but have been slacking.

Small Rant- I love me some Bladeforums, love it, it's a great platform for solid conversations with actual substance. Not like the drive-by postings of most social media that is vanity based.

Part of the reason that I pay for a subforum is to build a searchable database/reference for my work. If anyone wants to research me, know what I'm about, get a feel for what kind of Maker I am, they can find it all here, no other platform offers that kind of access.

I'll wrap this up, but this is why the Forum platform is dying. Instead of keeping up with the fact that everything is going visual, it's going to lose more members to platforms like Instagram etc. To be honest, this leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

"I'll wrap this up, but this is why the Forum platform is dying. Instead of keeping up with the fact that everything is going visual, it's going to lose more members to platforms like Instagram etc. To be honest, this leaves a bad taste in my mouth." From your post to Spark's brain!

OK - back to knife making ;)

Ray

I'll get that block on the bandsaw tomorrow and get it divided, they'll need to cure for a day or two. The Abomonation Combination should get it's start this week and there's these 5 in the works.
20180921_112823-01.jpeg

^ They don't look like much now o_O Still - I see the potential :thumbsup: That stack is eye candy though. :)

Ray

I only lost 1/8 in waste, that's less than half of what I expected. I'll get 7, maybe 8 out if this block That is great news. Happy with the results, everything looks really consistent. A lot of the stripe will go away when it's finished out.

Working out great (so gar), interestingly enough, it didn't condense as much as full grain leather, but it feels more solid. I'm sold on it so far, easier to work with and turns out great. We'll see how they finish, but I'll be ordering a ton of it, it's a lot cheaper too, that's an added bonus as well.

For all of you following along ( I can pretend can't I?:D) the pieces are soaking and will be compressed later tonight.

Tried to load a picture, but I'm getting an error message that the file is too large... at 556kb?? I thought 2 Megs was the limit.

You know what John? Besides the good folks here, one of the things I LOVE about your s/f are the behind-the-scenes sausage-making stuff. I'm a hands-on guy, and love to know how things are made, put together, etc. :cool: It's the engineer in me, and I've always been this way since I was a kid. PLEASE keep it up!!! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the link Ray. I used to keep up on tech support but have been slacking.

Small Rant- I love me some Bladeforums, love it, it's a great platform for solid conversations with actual substance. Not like the drive-by postings of most social media that is vanity based.

Part of the reason that I pay for a subforum is to build a searchable database/reference for my work. If anyone wants to research me, know what I'm about, get a feel for what kind of Maker I am, they can find it all here, no other platform offers that kind of access.

I'll wrap this up, but this is why the Forum platform is dying. Instead of keeping up with the fact that everything is going visual, it's going to lose more members to platforms like Instagram etc. To be honest, this leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Yeah, me too. Not only the new 500kb limit, but this new 50MB quota too. I get what Spark says about not being a photo hosting site, but I actually liked the ease of uploading directly to the Forum after the software change (and giant PhotoBucket mess last year). Not terribly thrilled with this decision. Couldn't agree more about the social media thing too. BF is the only "social media" I engage in. I guess us old fogeys (and I'm only 41...) have to keep the forums going! :rolleyes:

I've got a group PM with the Dibs on these, we're pickin spacer materials. Excited to get these handles together.

Looks great. Really excited to see how knife comes out.

Back