Redmeadow Pocket Blade Info thread

John hid this little gem:

Change of plans for this 3rd run, @CoryMc you'll move into this slot if you're ready. I'll need a handle material, sheath type, and right or left hand. I have denim micarta to offer also as a handle choice. Let me know if you have questions or concerns:thumbsup:

FYI if anyone needs to buy themselves a little time and would like to bump down, I'm good with that just let me know and I'll adjust the list (which can be found here). Thanks everybody.

Been thinking about my sheath options. Redmeadow Knives Redmeadow Knives , have you posted a photo of the backside of these sheaths yet? And has there been one yet with a pocket clip? (And do you have a photo of it?)

ETA - OK, found some of what I'm looking for. Here's a good post showing the backside (and frontside for reference):

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/pocket-blades.1704199/page-19#post-19628651

View attachment 1306804
20200321_190345-01-jpeg.1306803

And here are the pocket clips:

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/pocket-blades.1704199/page-12#post-19560386

Hmmm, clip sheaths will need to be ordered by pocket preference. For example, I'm right handed but would carry a clip sheath in my left pocket with the edge facing out. So I would order a Left Pocket Carry.... That's not necessarily right or left handed.
20200215_165811-01-jpeg.1284566

My concern is that an ambidextrous sheath won't have solid retention if you swapped back and forth and would have to be a larger sheath. Just thinking aloud, you're welcome to join in on this.

But doesn't look like the clips have been used on a sheath yet. (?) John, this might be a stupid question, but how do you intend to attach the pocket clips? Would it be possible to put a pocket clip on one of the regular belt-loop sheaths? Or is that a dumb idea? (It may well be dumb, tell me if it is, I've had more than a few drinks tonight, so what little creative juices I have is a flowin'...)

Last edited:
I'll be making the first pocket clip sheath this go around. The pocket clips will be riveted and sewn into a layer that would replace the belt loop. When it's done I'll make a sticky thread with photos and a simple worksheet with photos of all of the options. We'll get ''er smoothed out.

Would it be possible to put a pocket clip on one of the regular belt-loop sheaths?

A belt loop with a clip might be one of those combinations that does neither thing well. With the sheath slid on a belt, and the clip against your body it may get bent, start to wear into your pants, or just be terribly uncomfortable and poke you all of the time. If the clip were on the opposite side if the belt loop, it would catch on things and probably be awkward I'll look into it amd consider some options but I'm not sure a happy medium (hmmm, medium or median?) could be found that isn't awkward either way.

Have you seen these clips? Well recommended by both Horsewright and Delta Sheath here on BF. Different sizes and some suitable for knife sheaths. Shown here in use on a sheath by @DeltaSheath. They look like a very nice option.

View attachment 1315271
Yes I’ve seen them and I keep kicking around the idea of trying them on some of my smaller fixed blades.

John I have an extra ULTI clip I can send you if you are interested.

If you guys prefer those over the ones below, I'll look into getting some. It sounds like they lock up pretty tight on your pocket. My concern is that it wouldn't shift when you sit down and would eventually wear a hole on your pants.

These won't be as secure but are forgiving when you move.
20200215_165811-01.jpeg

I wondered the same thing John about clipping such a grabber to pants pockets. What appeals to me is that they clip to a belt or pack - hold very securely and then, with no need to remove the belt in order to remove the sheathed knife. That makes for a ready to use EDC for me which I especially like. Just pick it up click it on and go. If you get to making SDs I'd be happy to have a sheath with that clip for a small knife EDC that the SD would be for me.

The ones you show look better for pocket carry. Just guessing though - no real world experience with the UltiClip.

A belt loop with a clip might be one of those combinations that does neither thing well. With the sheath slid on a belt, and the clip against your body it may get bent, start to wear into your pants, or just be terribly uncomfortable and poke you all of the time. If the clip were on the opposite side if the belt loop, it would catch on things and probably be awkward I'll look into it amd consider some options but I'm not sure a happy medium (hmmm, medium or median?) could be found that isn't awkward either way.

I wondered the same John, just knockin' some ideas around in my empty head, lol. You never cease to amaze me, however. ;)

How big of a belt would those current clips fit over? (Or would they at all?) They look to me like the opening isn't terribly large, just enough for a pants pocket or so.

I like the style you have for pocket carry. I was just offering you one of the others if you wanted to play with one.

Check the link in my thread above (with the photo). There are 3 sizes that seem suitable for knife sheaths, from short and narrow to taller and narrow or taller and wide - then bigger still.
Thanks Ray. I am familiar with those, but I'm talking about the clips John already has.

Thanks for offering that Greg, I wouldn't mind checking one out. We'll work out a trade.

Jared if you mean the ones that I have, I'll get them measured and some pictures of how they would fit on a belt or in a pocket.

Ray I think your right, they would be great for a pack, or even a cargo pocket.

Jared, hope this helps. Worn on a belt, the sheath length is too short to tuck into a pocket, but does provide enough swivel for multiple carry options and bends with the body if needed. Weak side carry shown here, so's I can still access muh strong side pistola if'n varmints show up; I still need to bead-up muh camera strap lanyard pull thingy...

CB1.jpg
CB2.jpg
CB3.jpg

Back