Redmeadow Pocket Blade Info thread

As a heads up, I'm working on offering 3 different pocket sheath options. One with a belt loop, one without, and one with a clip.

As a heads up, I'm working on offering 3 different pocket sheath options. One with a belt loop, one without, and one with a clip.
Thanks, John. Will you still be offering the original, with two rear slots for strong side and crossdraw carry?

Thanks, John. Will you still be offering the original, with two rear slots for strong side and crossdraw carry?
Yes, just like the original in this thread. Though it's only one rear slot that allows the angle on these. There's just not enough real estate to fit a double slot on these lol. It works very similar though.

Yes, just like the original in this thread. Though it's only one rear slot that allows the angle on these. There's just not enough real estate to fit a double slot on these lol. It works very similar though.
Oh, right, I was thinking of the first one you did like that. Excellent, thanks! Yeah, I was thinking when you first talked about options with these that the only thing lacking on the original design was a clip - that would cover all bases.

I really like the single slot over the double slot on the Serrano I like being able just to slide it from one position to the other it is very comfortable

I really like the single slot over the double slot on the Serrano I like being able just to slide it from one position to the other it is very comfortable

Good to hear from somebody who's tried both. That actually surprises me. I kind of expected it to be a little less stable then the two-hole version.

I wear a double thick 1 1/2 in belt so neither move around much unless I slide them.

Hey, John, what weight is the leather you're using on these sheaths? Any recommendations on where to buy it?

Hey, John, what weight is the leather you're using on these sheaths? Any recommendations on where to buy it?
I recently started using 'Hermann Oak' leather. I've been using 8 oz, and getting it from Springfield Leather Company.

I recently ordered some things from Montana Leather Company, I might use them next time.

I used to use Tandy for leather but they dont sell Hermann Oak and now that I've used it, I won't go back to Tandy (for leather anyways).

8 oz is fairly thick for a small sheath but it works out nice for these because I can skive it down towards the tip and leave the opening stout.

Pocket clips came in today, I also got a couple of sets of micarta scales in from you guys. This is gonna be a great project.

I finished the sheath for the black micarta knife but wasnt happy with it, it had a hitch in it's giddy up. I just finished another one and it's smooth as butter.

Thanks, John, good info. I was looking at Springfield today, actually - they've got some Grade A 8/9 double shoulders for a good price, but they're not Hermann Oak. I'm a newby, so not sure how much to commit to. Yeah, I asked because those sheaths look thick, but in a good way, but it was hard to tell the weight because they're small knives. I like how you made the lip of the opening kind of raised, or folded up - I don't think I've seen that elsewhere.

Edit: Are you using 1mm thread, if I may ask?

It is 1mm thread. 284 yards of it sells on Amazon for between 4 and 8 bucks, ridiculously cheap, lasts forever. It's extremely strong and works out well. Tiger thread is supposed to be the cats meow but it's made in England (?) and I havent found a good source for it in the U.S.

It is 1mm thread. 284 yards of it sells on Amazon for between 4 and 8 bucks, ridiculously cheap, lasts forever. It's extremely strong and works out well. Tiger thread is supposed to be the cats meow but it's made in England (?) and I havent found a good source for it in the U.S.
. They've got the Tiger Ritza on Amazon now too - I've got some in my cart right now. I think it's made in Germany. What's the brand you're using, 'cause the Tiger stuff certainly isn't in that price range...

. They've got the Tiger Ritza on Amazon now too - I've got some in my cart right now. I think it's made in Germany. What's the brand you're using, 'cause the Tiger stuff certainly isn't in that price range...

It's probably a CoronaVirus brand:eek:
I can't get a link to work but it looks like it's "WellieSTR 1mm waxed thread"

Back