REK Ember fixed blade discussion thread

Umm...I would like to discuss my Ember...it’s got issues...

...it’s got a little bit of a rebellious attitude.
Here it is trying to bag off work to play out on the water...caught the little rascal...
69E8F3CF-6C10-4E0E-A448-FD0F7FB74DED.jpeg
And then here it is “riding dirty.”
152CDD84-9F7A-4F21-A90C-6D0B1B991FA8.jpeg
What am I to do?

Last edited:
nice! I'm gonna have to try that :D

It’s the 1.5” Belt tek-lock that fits. :)
Not sure if the large size tek-lock fits, but I have one arriving today, so I can check and report back.
The knife sheath covers the smaller tek-lock completely tho, so that is cool. :)

Got to put some shiplap up over the weekend on my bro in laws new house... Had to notch some of the boards for the screw hole, the Ember came through like a champ :)

i-fvLx2MB-XL.jpg
i-ssxdNst-XL.jpg
i-tZDCPgB-XL.jpg
i-L2QNTLW-XL.jpg

It’s the 1.5” Belt tek-lock that fits. :)
Not sure if the large size tek-lock fits, but I have one arriving today, so I can check and report back.
The knife sheath covers the smaller tek-lock completely tho, so that is cool. :)

Shoot...I checked the large tek-lock and it does fit. :) Just forgot to post. Sorry folks!

Josh I was thinking of emailing you this question but maybe someone else is as clueless as I am and would like to know, never owned a fixed blade but getting ready to change that by ordering an Ember.

My question is about the DCC Clips, why would I want one and what are the differences between them?

Josh I was thinking of emailing you this question but maybe someone else is as clueless as I am and would like to know, never owned a fixed blade but getting ready to change that by ordering an Ember.

My question is about the DCC Clips, why would I want one and what are the differences between them?
Good question! Fullflat Fullflat posted up some comparisons and a review of them a few pages back (or maybe it was in the daily discussion thread I'll have to look).

Basically it just gives you a really sturdy way to carry the knife... If you have another way to carry then you wouldn't necessarily need one. But these can be used for inside or outside the waistband carry.

The differences are simply in size and slot tolerances (you can view the chart on the Ember sale page on my site).

I think I have 2 spots left, I'm getting ready to take down the listing from the site just fyi. That would give me one or two to have fun with and auction off :)

Thank you for the reply Josh, found the info on the DCC's and placed my order, Cruwear, OD Green Micarta and went with the standard 1.5 DCC clip.
Congrats man! Top notch choices all the way around. Hope you end up loving yours as much as I do mine. It carries so effortlessly & performs so well that it’s already become an integral part of my edc rotation.
171C26D8-D3F1-4A82-A0C1-3F266A5A6AF3.jpeg
(pic recycled from edc thread)

So these will be ready the end of August? o_O Just pulling your chain Josh, anticipation is going to be high with all this free time. No rush, your attention to detail makes the wait more then worth it.;):D
If I didn't have to wait on all my contractors then it would be much quicker but what can you do? Eventually I wanna pull everything in house but it takes quite a bit of $$ and time to do so :(

Back