REK Folder (Kuros) update thread

That is a great grind! Have you thought about a little recurve as an option? I'm a sucker for a recurve, although it looks great as is.

Looks like a smooth action. Would you consider ceramic bearings as opposed to PB washers at some point, or is that another project?

Great work!

That is a great grind! Have you thought about a little recurve as an option? I'm a sucker for a recurve, although it looks great as is.

Looks like a smooth action. Would you consider ceramic bearings as opposed to PB washers at some point, or is that another project?

Great work!
Yeah I've thought about the recurve as well as a host of other grinds. Fortunately I set the blade up so I can have a lot of options so that's cool.

Probably not bearings on these, I want them to be geared towards being a work horse knife and bearings are too finicky for that imho.

Well guys... Ran into a snag on these. Couldn't figure out for the life of me why I was getting some vertical lock rock under medium to hard pressure. Finally figured out I designed the lock insert area to thin and that was allowing the lock bar to flex simulating that feeling (even though it wasn't slipping per say). Anyway, I'm going to remake the lockside liner and inserts with that area reinforced. Ugh, what a set back :(:confused:

It nice to see that you care so much about your baby that you will not let it out then fix it, now I really want one!;)
Thanks for the support man. It hurts because I have to drop a pretty penny to have the lock side liner and inserts re-made but it will be worth it in the end. Here's the re-design. You can see where I have the insert completely surrounded by supporting Ti which will offer much more strength in this area than before where it just trailed off to nothing on the cut out side.

i-7c7JDf2.png

Sorry for the setback ... but I'm confident you will get it dialed in Josh ... I think all of us are. When you get it released it will be top notch like all your work brother.

Hang in there it's close and it will be worth all of the extra work when you hold the final product and know you do that!

Really like the looks of these Josh. :thumbsup: I’d be in for a wharnie, especially with the hole opener if so. A full on clip point would be sexy too. Looking forward to what you turn out!

Sorry for the setback ... but I'm confident you will get it dialed in Josh ... I think all of us are. When you get it released it will be top notch like all your work brother.

Hang in there it's close and it will be worth all of the extra work when you hold the final product and know you do that!
I agree, it's unfortunate but will be worth it in the long run.
Really like the looks of these Josh. :thumbsup: I’d be in for a wharnie, especially with the hole opener if so. A full on clip point would be sexy too. Looking forward to what you turn out!

Yeah I'll have fun with the different grinds and shapes :)

Back