Return of the Mini Recon 1

Glad i still got all of them in my permanent collection :)

37426734_822241611498214_816080310641885184_n.jpg

0243305-C-9-ACA-4-E75-9-D0-B-A7-DE44075-B83.jpg

Oh, man. Don’t lose them, like me, it’s impossible to find again (
Great collection!
My Mini Recons a few years ago.
I hope to see them again, what was the reason to remove so successful knife from the CS models line.
Waiting for feedback form Cold Steel with some estimates.

Mini Recon with Satin or DLC with a slight reduction in tip width is a force to be “recon”ed with.

Bring it back Cold Steel!

Yep. Going back to the thicker G10 and some slight tweaks to blade geometry will make these about as perfect as you can get for a tough EDC! Better than other options such as the Para 3 or Native 5.

Great news! Please just don't mess it up by adding weird changes @Cold Steel Knives
I'd be happy if it just looks identical to the OG one, with S35VN blade and stonewashed finish.
Please no paper thin scale(bring back the thick scale! especially for the lawman!), please no plastic handle/plastic clip, please no 1.4116/5cr/aus8 steel, please keep the triad lock(duh?).

I know a lot of the requests above are kinda "duh", but it's hard to know what to expect nowadays. Often time when an improvement happens to a model, it's always one step forward, one step back. For example - the American Lawman changes, it's awesome that it was changed from AUS8A to XHP and the shitty Teflon coating was changed to DLC. But IMO CS F-ed it up by making the handle too thin. The Lawman has a wide handle, and the ergonomic was completed changed.

I found the stock thickness a little on a smaller side. We need thicker blade.
Don’t think we need a thicker blade. It’s already approximately the same thickness as the full size Recon 1, and not as tall. As I see it, slicing would suffer. The spine is already as tall as the full size as well and it has a thick tip, which is why I’d like them to start the hollow grind higher.

Perhaps you are looking for a Mini SR1? ;)

Reactions: AF
I think 3.5mm is good balance, Recon 1, Lawman, Code 4, Ultimate Hunter etc. all uses it. I think the OG mini Recon 1 is 3.5mm too, because my 5 mini recon 1s told me so :cool:
I think satin version is going to have even better tolerance because the teflon coated lockbar added extra thickness causing tolerance issue when the blade is changed to ultra thin DLC coating.

Back