Rex 45 Sprints : Chief , Shaman, Lil Native, And Manix 2 LW

Has any one forced a patina on this ?!
ZLOnwmt.jpg

Pics ?
I have one starting on my rex 45 shaman

Not quite the patina expected right ?
Very faint in comparison to others like k390.
Mine started a patina when I cut a mango, that's why I just went ahead and did the forced.

Agreed I have been surprised at the corrosion resistance

I pulled mine apart to clean, left the natural patina then wiped it down with apple cider vinegar then coated with mustard and let sit for 20 minutes

So just picked up a bhq copper pm2 rex 45. Its in perfect shape and has not been used or carried. No patina yet. Picked it up here on bf. Im having a hell of a time deciding whether to carry it or not. The wieght does not bother me. But will it lose value years down the road. Will i regret not keeping it stored away for years. I know this will be a rare collectiable down the line and may double value or more. Or am i over thinking this? Just looking for opinoins and suggestions. Thanks!

So just picked up a bhq copper pm2 rex 45. Its in perfect shape and has not been used or carried. No patina yet. Picked it up here on bf. Im having a hell of a time deciding whether to carry it or not. The wieght does not bother me. But will it lose value years down the road. Will i regret not keeping it stored away for years. I know this will be a rare collectiable down the line and may double value or more. Or am i over thinking this? Just looking for opinoins and suggestions. Thanks!

You're over thinking it.
You'll regret not using it down the road. It will make you smile using the knife. That's what matters, not being concerned whether down the road it'll still be valuable. Use it, enjoy it, that's the real value.

Last edited:
Will i regret not keeping it stored away for years. I know this will be a rare collectiable down the line and may double value or more. Or am i over thinking this? Just looking for opinoins and suggestions. Thanks!

IMO, Just asking the questions about value and use gives your answer. First off it's an exclusive, So unless Blade HQ stated one run and done, There's a good Chance more are coming in the future. There's tons of Paramilitary 2 exclusives/sprints that use can aquire to "use" to keep yours pristine. You can also buy a second if your preference is to use that beautiful pocket brick! :)

You're over thinking it.
You'll regret not using it down the road. It will make you smile using the knife. That's what matters, not being concerned whether down the road it'll still be valuable. Use it, enjoy it, that's the real value.

I agree with this. If you're a "collector" and you buy knives to never use and just own/appreciate in a safe there's nothing wrong with that. We've all got our thing. But I would get more enjoyment out of carrying and using it for 10 years than hoping it grows in value.

Back