Rex 45 Sprints : Chief , Shaman, Lil Native, And Manix 2 LW

I think most people who waited record-long 420-ish days for this sprint to materialize are super-determined to get it and are 'taking no prisoners'. I just hope Spyderco made enough, or it can end up very disappointing for some.

This is my first anticipated sprint run and I pre-ordered months ago, makes me feel like I have no skin in this game.

And I agree, the S30V is pretty cool as it is.

There's dealers that have them in stock...just might have to pay MSRP

What's been apparent the last few sprints/exclusives, Some fellow blade forum brothers post them up on the exchange! A few for added shipping and PP fees only! :thumbsup::)

In stock NG knives

Edit...Gone! Lasted over 30 minutes

Last edited:
In stock NG knives
I seem to have gotten a confirmed order in.

Often these releases seem to come in in small numbers in a few places, and then in larger volumes, so hopefully the first few places selling out within a couple of minutes won't be the same everywhere.

It appears the Rex 45 Native Chief is popping up on more dealers' sites. I was able to order one yesterday. Good luck to everyone who wants this knife.

In stock at KSF. That's the first email I've received from a number of places where I requested notification.

It appears the Rex 45 Native Chief is popping up on more dealers' sites. I was able to order one yesterday. Good luck to everyone who wants this knife.

Looks like they're sticking around longer at each vendor (been up for hours at SFO) too!

In stock at KSF. That's the first email I've received from a number of places where I requested notification.

I'd already ordered one through another dealer but NGKs email notification worked very quickly also.

Congratulations to everyone who's been able to score. Mine is built well and has Solid lockup, Decent centering, And mostly symmetrical bevels. Not complaining in the least, But the lock area and inside the scales on lock bar were very dirty. Quick cleaning with a swab and good as new. Glad these finally dropped and the wait was worth it :)

They’ve been in stock again at TKJ for the last couple of hours. Seems like they’re becoming pretty easy to find.

I received my Rex-45 Native Chief this morning. Out of the box, the quality and fit&finish are all good. This is also the first Native Chief that I ever had. I like the hump-less blade profile, which is a great choice when I need to put my index finger on the spine for draw cuts. The knife is also slim so it does not take up as much pocket space as Military or Police 4.

With that being said, the blade tip of NC is perhaps the most delicate that I have ever seen (even more so than that of Delica 4). While I can some very specific tasks for which such an acute tip is needed, I feel it is too pointy on such a big/long knife. The fear of it breaking will always be in my mind. Also for my not-so-large hand, the hump on the handle can be a bit more milder. AT least for me, the ergo is not as good as that of Military. Something like what's shown in the drawing below would be better, for me again.

chiQ5Cd.jpg

^^__ That's where I picked up my Rex Chief also. Looks like they are still in stock.

I really like the Chief, really like the blade shape and weightless carry.
Having trouble deciding if I want this one or not.

Back