1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Week 42 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    an Kizer Vanguard V4516A1 Domin Folding Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

RIP Charlie Mike

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by VernonRemington, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Professor

Professor

Apr 6, 1999
    CM was a wild man and I always loved him for that. Rest in peace, amigo. Sincere condolences to his family.

mmmotorcycle likes this.
  2. toto07

toto07

Oct 9, 2009
    RIP

3. spoonrobot

spoonrobot

May 1, 2004
    I don't visit the site much anymore, I actually came and logged in today to read about the new native salt. But when I saw the banner I was shocked. It's weird to feel loss for someone I've never met. Some of the first posts I read on this forum almost 15 years ago were from Charlie Mike, he shared so much in such a brutally honest way I'd always make time to read his writing. Recently I was seeing his stuff on instagram and youtube and it was as humorous, honest and outspoken as always. I'll miss his contributions and send my heartfelt condolences to his family, friends and animals.

RIP Charlie Mike

4. Bufford

Bufford Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 13, 2006
    Very sad, Charlie M had a lot going for him and contributed a lot to many people including this online community. He would state things in no uncertain terms in his own words in his own way and I respected him for that. I don't step in here much anymore, somehow my life has changed and I have been moving on to other things now in my later years. I may just renew my subscription for another year, not so much for dropping in, but to support this online community.

5. Somi

Somi

Mar 25, 2008
    R.I.P. :(

6. nikoknife48

nikoknife48 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 10, 2007
    upload_2019-1-20_11-53-28.jpeg
    R.I.P CM

7. LostViking

LostViking Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Just saw this.
    Very sad news indeed.

Smoke and prayers will go out for his family.

8. mrknife

mrknife Gold Member Gold Member

May 9, 2010
    rip Charlie Mike, always appreciated the chats on watches and what not here and on JD

9. TheFactor

TheFactor Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 26, 2015
    It still hasn’t sunk in yet CM was one the first guys I remember when I joined Blade Forums and always looked forward to his posts and videos .Such a nice guy that told you how it was with a CM twist :)
    When I think of Blade Forums I instantly think of CM He will be missed so much beyond words .

10. mt666tm

mt666tm

Nov 20, 2012
    Damn...

I never knew him personally but I've always enjoyed reading his posts, seeing his work, and I did think of all people he would be cool to hang out with and put down a couple drinks.

RIP :(

11. elkins45

elkins45

Jun 17, 2006
    He was a unique character and his presence here was always a benefit. I always enjoyed my online interactions with him, and his sense of humor was a real joy. Nobody should go so young.

God speed.

12. 353

Feb 20, 2015
  13. nikoknife48

nikoknife48 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 10, 2007
    No he did not

14. Livefreeordie92

Livefreeordie92

Jan 14, 2012
    I don’t think anyone’s just pretending to care. I never knew the man, never talked to him at all outside of a thread here or there. Just saw a few of his videos and knew his boot avatar. Regardless I think it’s sad what happened to him just on a human level and as a fellow vet.

Justin Schmidt and 21bangbang like this.
  15. marcus52AR

marcus52AR Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 22, 2014
    Man that is sad news.. I just got back from vacation to read this. One of my favorite dudes on BF. I liked his style and such an original dude.

RIP CMFTW you will be missed.

mmmotorcycle likes this.
  16. bigolegator

bigolegator Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 26, 2014
    RIP Charlie Mike...very sad news indeed. He was a valued member of this community and will be missed by all of us here.

mmmotorcycle and synRdave like this.
  17. kinjo28

kinjo28 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Damn shame.
    I spoke with him a few times years ago. Great guy. Intense. Drivin. Good heart. He was telling me a ball peen hammer was a great concealed carry option.. idk how we got on that subject.

Rip man

Butcher1326 and abbydaddy like this.
  18. knarfeng

knarfeng senex morosus moderator Staff Member Super Mod Moderator

Jul 30, 2006
    I don't think the following has been posted here. Found it on Instagram...
    upload_2019-1-20_14-34-44.png

We can't be there physically, but we can all hold a good thought for them.

19. caine

caine

Nov 9, 2003
    We were both in Iraq in 03. Now that I think about it we were probaly on bladeforums over there and didn’t even know we were both there lol

20. Warfleigh Forge

Warfleigh Forge

Nov 24, 2018
    RIP, always sad to see someone go before their time