RIP Charlie Mike

Like many here, my interactions with Matt were limited - but nonetheless meaningful; that says something about him.
Think of how many times life presents us with the converse - folks we have significant interaction with that is, well, insignificant. The outpouring of respect here, in this digital social structure, evidences his significance.

Though he may now be absent from the body, his significance continues. A well known scripture from 2 Corinthians comes to mind.

We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.
2 Corinthians 5:8

Last edited:
I remember when CM first came here and was in W&C and one member picked on him, CM never let it get to him in the least. He never took the bait, or even cared. Later he was carrying on about what to do with his life. I suggested he try making knives and he said he was going to. I always liked him because he always seemed to overcome whatever life threw at him.

Like others, I did not know him beyond his posts here but those made him seem a real and interesting character and I looked forward to them. And I admired his resolute fight for sobriety. The forum is less without him. Sincere condolences to his family and friends.

Does anyone have any info about what happened to him? I miss talking to him on Instagram. He was a real dude to who shoot the shit whatever time of day. A big loss to the Blade Community.

Been reading this forum for a few months, and CM's posts always caught my attention, a lot of them made me laugh. Sad to hear that he's passed so young. As a fellow veteran it stings a bit more. Vets don't really need to know each other personally to have a connection, the military bond is unlike anything else. Unfourtunate this will be my first post here, but wanted to say a few words.

Does anyone have any info about what happened to him? I miss talking to him on Instagram. He was a real dude to who shoot the shit whatever time of day. A big loss to the Blade Community.

It would be good if the info could be added to the OP, but here you go:
A lot of people are speculating what happened to Matt. I just want to dispel some rumors. Matt fell in his house and hit his head.

I don’t know the circumstances of the fall or why he fell but he fell in the house, not his shop and his passing had nothing to do with making knives.

Sad stuff. He was always lots of fun in the discussions here. His commitment to sobriety was always impressive to me as well.

Only knew him through posts and the occasional video. I do know he is a fellow brother of the recovery community, and that's enough for me.

Prayers to you all who were close to him in your mourning, and celebration of his life.

C

I didn't know Charlie Mike personally, but 'knew' him
enough through his posts & videos to know him as quite a character, a fellow Knife knut,
Blade Forumulite, and
Animal lover.
He was a unique, knife maker & modder, and surviving Veteran.
Let me just say "Hooah" to you
C.M., you will be missed,
and I'm extending my
condolences to his family and friends.
B.T.B.

I just heard about this today! Matt moved me. I liked him. He called my house when he first came to the forums here after I answered some question he posted somewhere here as I recall. While he scared me at first and would often be hitting the bong during his conversations with me on the phone we talked about addiction and how I recovered and why I quit to save my family, and because when I was doing it I couldn't own what I did. I never knew he went on as I was leaving about that time I guess or phasing out because of my eye sight going. I really don't recall I just know he was curious and new here and wanted to know more. I had no idea what happened to him, or about the Instagram thing he had going on or any of that. I just know I cried over hearing this news and that seeing how he owned what he did in the end it makes me damn proud to have met him, even if he did scare the hell out of the wife and I at first. I had no idea how he took off with it after leaving here. I lurk now and again but had not been around enough to know the rest. I'm very saddened by this.
Also, word up, my wife and myself have cats. We have habitats and they live better and eat better than most kids. Don't let Matt's cats go to a shelter. I recall he liked his cats. We lost some this past summer to accident and old age here in OK. I could fit a few if need be that we could accommodate providing someone could get them to me.

Another Brother too soon.

Halfway down the trail to Hell in a shady meadow green,

are the Souls of all dead troopers camped near a good old-fashion canteen,
and this eternal resting place is known as Fiddlers' Green.

Marching past, straight through to Hell, the Infantry are seen,
accompanied by the Engineers, Artillery and Marine,
for none but the shades of Cavalrymen dismount at Fiddlers' Green.

Though some go curving down the trail to seek a warmer scene,
no trooper ever gets to Hell ere he's emptied his canteen
and so rides back to drink again with friends at Fiddlers' Green.

And so when man and horse go down beneath a saber keen,
or in a roaring charge fierce melee you stop a bullet clean,
and the hostiles come to get your scalp,
just empty your canteen and put your pistol to your head
and go to Fiddlers' Green.

Back