RIP Charlie Mike

Wow! Sad news I only knew him from the forum and youtube videos that I thoroughly enjoyed. I first noticed a reply he posted to a thread then saw his profile pic of a engineer boot with a fix blade attached and thought my brother. Definitely a loss to our comunity.
Every Saint has a past, Every Sinner has a future. R.I.P.

I give, how did he die?

It would be great if this could be added to the OP ( VernonRemington VernonRemington ?), but:

A lot of people are speculating what happened to Matt. I just want to dispel some rumors. Matt fell in his house and hit his head.

I don’t know the circumstances of the fall or why he fell but he fell in the house, not his shop and his passing had nothing to do with making knives.

We just chatted about steels last friday. Oh man, this is terrible. Rest in peace Charlie Mike

Thoughts and prayers during this sad time.

Not easy to read through every post on here but I have and teary eyed too. Nothing left to say about how awesome he was that hasn't been said. Never formally met the guy but we chatted multiple times and shared some laughs though our different sense of humor from what the military has allowed us to have.

I never actually showed him this picture but always meant to just always slipped my mind. It was taken May 25, 2017 and it was back when I was playing "stay at home dad" for a few weeks. Always woke up in the morning to drink my coffee and watch something he had posted on YouTube. I know he wasn't fond of kids (from getting snipped lol) but I think the idea of his cats bringing my kids joy would've made him smile at least.. Here's Bill W. and my daughter. Her favorite part of watching his videos with me

IEPmZ36.jpg

RIP CM. Very sad news indeed Matt had made a leather sheath for one of my bails a few years ago & I've always enjoyed his posts & contributions to our family here on BF. He will be missed greatly but we will see him again in a better place Condolences to his family. God speed brother

Last edited:
What a tragedy. I always looked forward to what Matt had to say on IG and in his YT videos. He made it a point to talk with and get to know those that purchased his knives, and I will always value the few conversations we had.

I have read my share of books, but never really got around to this one. He will be in my thoughts as I read about these rabbits.
20190118_085239-1470x2268.jpg

Receiving the news was hard, Matt Freeman will be missed. Over the last few years I have enjoyed watching his YouTube content and reading his forum posts.

Warms my heart to see all the positive things people have said of their experiences with him. He was the most amazing person I know, and I'm sure he's walking the halls of Valhalla now, for all the good he put into this world. He poured his heart, and soul into everything he did, never anything less than 100%. Living, and making blades with him for the past 6 months was one of the weirdest, most amazing times of my life. Couldn't ask for a better friend to burn brighter with. He can make blades for Odin's army now, and bring hell to Ragnarok. <3

Hello Ma'am,
My name is Randy, aka Sixx.

I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for your loss...
And I'm thankful for you & your strength while you made
the difficult announcement that we lost our favourite OutLaw Knife Maker!!

In my last email with Matt,
(I was asking if he was safe from the wildfires, I'm up in Alberta)
He was excited to tell me he had an apprentice!!

I didn't realize SaB_tools was your handle.
I thought maybe a link to the CNc machine.
So I didn't check it right away...
Sorry for that...

Anyway,
My heartfelt condolences to you & to Matts family...
All of you, including the kitties are in our thoughts & prayers...
Take care Ma'am...

Wow I just talked to you a couple weeks ago and now you’re gone. Such devastating news. Rest easy my friend and may god take you in his open arms.... Stay armed stay alert stay alive hooah

Well, that was a blindside. Condolences to his family. RIP, Matt.

I didn't know Matt personally, but I saw what a valued member he was to this community.
He will be sorely missed.
Rest in Peace.

Matt was the ultimate "Paranoid Nut Job!" He didn't just talk the talk, He walked the walk!
I'm gonna miss your "impromptu visits" when You just had to show me your "latest" EDC Rig. haha
He was never at a loss for words, and he never had a problem tellin ya what was on his mind!
One of the last "straight shooters" just left our world....gonna miss you Matt.

Back