1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

RIP Charlie Mike

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by VernonRemington, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Ramenlife

Ramenlife

Jan 17, 2019
    Huge fan of his Youtube channel and always looked for his posts here; unique knifemaker, veteran, very down to earth dude. I was in the process of detailing out what I would want in a custom knife and was going to commission him to build something for me, but well now here we are. Condolences to family and everyone closer to him. Been a BF lurker for a long time; your community and response to his passing got me to finally join today (post #2)

Lapedog, danbot, bhyde and 2 others like this.
  2. LG&M

LG&M

Dec 19, 2005
    Well this sucks, I didn't know him but kinda felt like I did. God bless his family. He will be missed.

3. wolfmann601

wolfmann601 Gone, but not forgotton. RIP Ira.

Mar 12, 2001
    Rest in Peace my friend......

4. flip888

flip888

Jun 8, 2006
    He's been in my thoughts the last few days. Still can't believe he's gone. Rip.

5. jsc

jsc

Nov 24, 2005
    Been a member for awhile. I like being in the background. I always i joyed his posts. You will missed.

VernonRemington likes this.
  6. thebrain

thebrain

Dec 12, 2007
    I told my wife and we both cried, we had a special place for him because of his service & recovery and his love of cats. I always notice other cat guys. He helped people he never knew existed. I watched his progress as a knifemaker and he was getting so good.
    I read every post here and I hope his loved ones can take some small comfort in how he was loved here and his positive influence on us all.

7. Ralph Merlino

Ralph Merlino

Dec 26, 2004
    RIP CM

8. BuckShack

BuckShack Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 19, 2015
    I enjoyed what he said and how he said it. I will miss that. My condolences to those closest to him. Very sad news.

9. JBoone

JBoone

Dec 30, 2012
    Sad news.

10. M.FREEZE

M.FREEZE

Dec 13, 2012
    Sad to hear. RIP

11. hookahhabib

hookahhabib Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 24, 2011
    I am genuinely gutted over this news. I remember seeing Matt on this forum from my earliest days here and once the Instagram thing became a thing, I'm grateful to have connected with him through chats on a deeper level than just forum posts. As a recovering addict (I kicked opiates back in 2012), as a person with immense love and respect for our veterans (Matt included), as a knife lover, and with a dark sense of humor, Matt became one of my favorite people in this knife community. I miss him, I miss his posts, I miss his special kind of fuckery already. 3 deaths in my circle since December and all I can say is that the circle of life can be ruthless in the way it works.

Matt, Wherever you are right now, just know that you already are missed. You are immensely loved by me and so many more here. I wish you safe transition into whatever it is that comes after our lives in these bags of meat we choose to occupy.

I have a feeling Matt would want us to celebrate his life right now....I'm thinking I may have to buy myself a six pack and chop through it in his honor tomorrow -- I'll try to come up with a hashtag for it and we can maybe honor him by dispatching a six pack of piss beer and posting the video on Instagram.

Cherish life guys. Cherish those loved ones close to you....you never know when it will all come to an end.

Much love to all of you

Barrettboy, moshow9, ilten and 12 others like this.
  12. -Ranger-

-Ranger-

Mar 23, 2010
    Damn. Rest in peace brother.

13. robgmn

robgmn

Oct 30, 2015
    Never got to converse with him directly, but often got a kick out of his posts.
    Damn shame.

sharp thoughts likes this.
  14. drift draft

drift draft

May 12, 2007
    7AD0CD3F-5867-42F8-958F-F47C54B59BE5.jpeg

I hope this isn’t inapproiate. He posted this once and I’ve thought about the quote a lot. I really enjoyed his humor and posts.

Rest In Peace Brother

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
  15. Twiztids4

Twiztids4 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 17, 2014
    RIP Brother. You’ll be missed.

16. austonh

austonh

Jun 26, 2012
    I won't pretend we were friends, or that he even knew me, but damn I'll miss his fucked up sense of humor and constant shenanigans.

Till next time :thumbsup:

17. DocJD

DocJD

Jan 29, 2016
    Seems like the very best ones always go down way too soon and leave a big gaping void in life . :(:thumbsdown:

In his honor , I vow to FTW and CM ! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
  18. LMT66

LMT66 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Shocked. RIP brother!

19. RamZar

RamZar Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2013
    I didn’t know him except in some exchanges here on BF. Always enjoyed his irreverent sense of humor. RIP.

20. Rat Finkenstein

Rat Finkenstein Gold Member Gold Member

May 18, 2005
    WTF that sucks.