1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

RIP Charlie Mike

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by VernonRemington, Jan 15, 2019.

1. rubberdog

rubberdog

Mar 12, 2008
    Very sad news.

rooster68 likes this.
  2. KillerGriller

KillerGriller

Sep 4, 2018
    R.I.P. compadre. From all accounts you faced your life and your demons head on, may you find peace on your next step of the journey

3. 5-by-5

5-by-5

Oct 13, 2016
    Just saw this this morning.
    Love you Matt. You were never a dull man.

[​IMG]

:(

4. blademan11

blademan11 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2003
    I met Matt on the phone after we exchanged info due our both
    being recovering alcoholics. I wish I could have met him in person.
    RIP Charlie Mike.
    David

abbydaddy, Odog27, loon#r and 2 others like this.
  5. Hard Knocks

Hard Knocks Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2012
    I searched for that video yesterday to repost here but couldn't find it on youtube. I had the same reaction as you when I watched it, just immediately liked him.

6. LEGION 12

LEGION 12 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 8, 2009
    This one cracks me up every time.

7. SpyderPhreak

SpyderPhreak Rocketman for hire Platinum Member

Apr 13, 2004
    Continue mission brother Matt. Rest In Peace.

I'm still trying to process this. :( Didn't sleep worth a crap last night after I found out. This truly sucks... :( His cats will miss him, as will I.

moshow9, DocJD, LizaMari and 5 others like this.
  8. imdianemichelle

imdianemichelle

May 12, 2012
    I can confirm. I spoke to his mom this morning via text and she confirmed she knew the person who set up this go fund me page.

Spark likes this.
  9. T. Erdelyi

T. Erdelyi Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 3, 2001
    A lot of people are speculating what happened to Matt. I just want to dispel some rumors. Matt fell in his house and hit his head.

I don’t know the circumstances of the fall or why he fell but he fell in the house, not his shop and his passing had nothing to do with making knives.

10. goldie

goldie

Feb 18, 2000
    I didn't know him personally but ive been on here as long as him, felt like I knew him especially with his videos.Best one was a knife he had that was less than 4oz, he said nutnfancy didn't have to carbodize his penis. A real character. Ive even found myself driving to work or out and about and saying;'hey everybody CM here".Ill definitely miss his videos and input into the world of knives....

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
    VernonRemington and stonproject like this.
  11. Sigsog226

Sigsog226 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 3, 2013
    I'll miss you brother, we love you!

12. ManRay

ManRay Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 9, 2014
    Rest in peace CM.

13. onojoe

onojoe Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 4, 2013
    Wow, crazy news, I am in shock. Only knew him through the forum, but I did have the honor of taking a piss next to him... seems kind of appropriate. I regret not saying anything to him. The guy was larger than life. My prayers and condolences go out to his family and friends.

14. bolabeenz

bolabeenz

Jun 23, 2012
    Made me smile; more than once.
    A nice old soul.

mmmotorcycle likes this.
  15. Shann

Shann

Sep 2, 2004
    Oh man, that is awful news. Never met him or talked to him, but I always liked his posts and he was a very valuable member of the community.

RIP and condolences to his family.

16. adnj

adnj

Aug 15, 2006
    We did some chats back and forth over the years. He traveled his own road his own way. Safe travels my brother.

17. Knifeoholic

Knifeoholic

Feb 8, 2016
    Damn, just saw this now. Rest in peace Charlie Mike, you will be missed by many.

18. somniloquist

somniloquist Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 9, 2007
    This is very sad news. Condolences to his friends and family. I feel like Bladeforums will not be the same without him...

Odog27 likes this.
  19. William Duncan

William Duncan Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 17, 2017
    Dont know him but sounds like a really honorable man. RIP brother! May your journey to the beginning be blessed.