• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Ripped Off by Dustin Turpin Knives– Deal with Caution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good. Would seem sensible for some of his "victims" to all try to communicate with each other and all contact local police. Then perhaps get together on legal action. This should get Turpins attention.

I do not think this thread should be closed until we see if this Skelton guy is correct or legal action is initiated. I have no doubts this Turdpin guy is feeling the heat because of this thread, I am confident that one way or the other justice will eventually be served. There have been very few times when one of the threads about a dishonest maker have seemed to have such a directly profound timely effect.
To the OP and others effected, I would not wait to take action, just because of what this Skelton guy says. Put your foot on the gas while you can. Turpin deserves no additional consideration. That boat sailed long ago. We need to protect our hobby.

+10000%

Doing nothing equates to condoning in my book.

Thanks. So far not another word from Skelton or Turpin regarding the knives allegedly being "on the bench."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hell "on the bench" could meant a billet and 2 slabs of TI with your name in sharpie. All I'm going to say is your judged by the company you keep .

Thanks. So far not another word from Skelton or Turpin regarding the knives allegedly being "on the bench."

Isn't that the same Jim Skelton who was fired from ShopNBC? Birds of a feather, no doubt.

Well looks like he's in league with him.

How do you figure? Because he told lawfor his knives were on the bench? Sounds like a case of shoot the messenger to me. As far as I know, that's been his one and only involvement in this ordeal. You guys must have recently purchased pitchforks and are all to eager to use them.

I can't speak for Jim anymore than the rest of you guys. But my guess is, since he is friends with Dustin, he asked him about these shenanigans and Dustin mumbled whatever and said they're on the bench so Jim, trying to be polite, told Dale as much.

I'm really hoping this will help Dale. Jim S is just about the biggest name on YT when it comes to blades.
Fingers crossed for you Dale!
Joe

Yeah, because he was fired from a job means he's the same as a POS that rips people off. :rolleyes:

Not going to go into detail but if you read into the whole JS thing ...Not going to bad mouth the man because I want OP to get his knives back and bashing Jim isn't helping anyone . Everyone has made mistakes in their past etc.

Not going to go into detail but if you read into the whole JS thing ...Not going to bad mouth the man because I want OP to get his knives back and bashing Jim isn't helping anyone . Everyone has made mistakes in their past etc.

Agreed, but I must say his involvement is weird. He chimed in once to make a single comment - "knives are on the bench" and has since not had a word to say. I guess it's not his problem but if Turpin wanted to avoid the shitstorm that seems inevitable, you'd think he or Skelton would give some more concrete information, unless it is not true. Seems like another broken promise would only make him look worse.

I'll be polite OP when I say Jim Skelton is not an honorable man . He and Turpin are best buds for a reason , watch them both. His instagram will let you know just what I'm talking about ,I visited it to look at knives and I literally almost threw up in my mouth some of the things he has posted . I used to watch his videos and think he was alright. Not now. I prefer people with morals or people that don't haft to talk about sex a sexual act or anything sex related every 5 minutes

Last edited:
I'll be polite OP when I say Jim Skelton is not an honorable man . He and Turpin are best buds for a reason , watch them both. His instagram will let you know just what I'm talking about ,I visited it to look at knives and I literally almost threw up in my mouth some of the things he has posted . I used to watch his videos and think he was alright. Not now. I prefer people with morals or people that don't haft to talk about sex a sexual act or anything sex related every 5 minutes

I can definitely relate.

+1

This thread isn't about JS, so I apologize in advance, but him being involved means zero.
That guy is not only about as fake as a mannequin, but embodies everything I hate about the knife community.

I have done some research on this Skelton character and it seems that he belongs in the same league as Turpin. If that is the best "denfense" that Turpin has..........well that is not saying much.

I have done some research on this Skelton character and it seems that he belongs in the same league as Turpin. If that is the best "denfense" that Turpin has..........well that is not saying much.

Well, I have my own opinions but this is not really the thread for them. All I know is that Skelton injected himself into this mess by publicly posting a couple of weeks ago his inside information that my long overdue knives were allegedly "on the bench." Neither Skelton nor Turpin (who has blocked me on IG) have communicated anything to me directly. Since Skelton's post I have not hears a word and although others have asked him, Not a word further from Skelton. So I must assume that these are just more lies like I have heard for the last year or more.

255cdaa3b8efd48f10c274177f2ea5b2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back