Rocketed into outer Snark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im pretty sure Cbear was saying his birthday was july 10th... Like Julio Diez....

But what do i know :p
This makes sense now that coffee has cleared the fog..... In that case, just have a normal day, Cbear.

Booyeah - Got 1 outta 2 though!
Thanks Jerry! My birthday was great. And congrats on the new 5. It's pretty awesome!
No problemo! I'm looking forward to the 5.

read this email from some Chinese company wanting to use my company name...
And........Mr Jim, I think, is going to be disappointed when he reads the GFY email from JD.

That sort of nonsense isn't worth opening/reading, much less responding to. I get crap like that pretty regularly, along with companies wanting to produce my blades for me and sell me highest qulity dumbasskiss. They're just phishing for your info/money. I assure you, when people start ripping off your name and copying your models, they won't bother asking... you'll be the last to know. Ask Todd or 100 other makers about that. :grumpy:

Well fella's, I'm off to the hospital.
My wife has a scheduled C section at Noon today.
I'm gonna have a baby boy! I can't wait to see the little guy.

Congrats!

That sort of nonsense isn't worth opening/reading, much less responding to. I get crap like that pretty regularly, along with companies wanting to produce my blades for me and sell me highest qulity dumbasskiss. They're just phishing for your info/money. I assure you, when people start ripping off your name and copying your models, they won't bother asking... you'll be the last to know. Ask Todd or 100 other makers about that. :grumpy:

Yeah, nothing frustrates me more than people with no vision or talent of there own trying make money on the ideas of others. But its happened to me more than once.

Dont know if you guys know this or not. But there WAS a company offering damascus M18s for $100. bucks not so long ago. Had to have my lawyer send them a friendly "stop imediately before I crawl in your ass letter" seemed to work.

Congrats on the baby, Jonny!

And not a single sign-up for this months challenge. Kinda surprised.

Yeah, nothing frustrates me more than people with no vision or talent of there own trying make money on the ideas of others. But its happened to me more than once.

Dont know if you guys know this or not. But there WAS a company offering damascus M18s for $100. bucks not so long ago. Had to have my lawyer send them a friendly "stop imediately before I crawl in your ass letter" seemed to work.

Isn't Damascus not as strong as a single piece? I might be totally off but I thought that.

Isn't Damascus not as strong as a single piece? I might be totally off but I thought that.

If it's properly made, pattern-welded steel is every bit as strong as mono-steel. If it's junk made of old tin cans and rusty springs, it's not worth a hoot in hell.

You may come across all kinds of wild claims about modern damascus cutting better or being stronger than a similar blade made of plain ol' O1 or 1095 or whatever. Take such claims with a very large grain of salt. The original purpose of "Damascus" steel hundreds of years ago was to layer plain iron with (much more expensive) carbon steel - resulting in a cost-effective, tough/strong blade that would also hold an edge. With modern alloys there's really no need to do all that. It sure looks cool, though.

That's it in a nutshell, anyway.

Well, yeah, your totally off, kinda sorta. Damascus can be made with superior quality and materials and be beyond phenomenal. But it can also be made out of shit to give it the "look" of quality stuff. Some high quality damascus is not rare to demand a price of over $100. dollars per square INCH, and that is just the raw stock, no blank, no heat treat nothing. So you can imagine a M18 made entirely out of so called "damascus" thats price tag finished knife and sheath out the door is $100. Chances are its not the pillar of high quality. Just someone trying to sell crap to cash in.

In other news, for those of you that remember me making the little shop parts maker for my friends young son. Well, all the fab work is done and its functional. The wood work is done. Now time to take it all apart, stain the wood, do minor body work and paint. In other words, just the fun stuff left to do. Be glad to get this done, its been a back burner project for a while. Since its a gift. Its hard to get around to jobs that don't pay. But damn I love doing stuff like this. :thumbup: ( All this talk about babies. Lol. )

And by the way, happy belated Birthday to all that's having birthday's and congrads on the baby Jonny!

I was born via unscheduled C-section when I used a BK9 to cut my way out of my mother's womb.

Hey Dex, just got a monster sized box from you today, thanks man, gotta hand it to you. I was wondering how the fragiles would do. But they did great. Good packing job!. Lotta stuff in that box. Did I order that many sling shot bands or did you throw them in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back